GDT: UFC on ESPN: Blanchfield vs. Fiorot

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I don’t think he intentionally did it like he’s in the 3 stooges, I just think he did it multiple times even after being warned multiple times and it directly led to him winning. It’s careless and dirty.

I’m saying that’s what I would do if that’s how dumb they’re going to be with the rule. You can’t incentivize eye pokes like they just did
I don't think it directly lead to him winning... It directly lead to the fight being ended prematurely but he was clearly winning regardless of the eye pokes (in my opinion).

But you're definitely right about them not punishing it. Idk why groin strike gets 1 warning then an immediate point but poking someone in the eyes is 3-4 warnings and no repercussions.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't think it directly lead to him winning... It directly lead to the fight being ended prematurely but he was clearly winning regardless of the eye pokes (in my opinion).

But you're definitely right about them not punishing it. Idk why groin strike gets 1 warning then an immediate point but poking someone in the eyes is 3-4 warnings and no repercussions.
It quite literally led to the stoppage of the fight, there was still a half a round left for Weidman to get chinned. He would’ve won if it went to the cards but you’re making an assumption that he would’ve made it there and that’s for sure not a guarantee, considering I’ve seen him trade and get KO’d late before (Jacare). It directly led to him winning and robbed Silva of his chance to finish the fight. And that’s why I say it’s f***ing insane that they not only didn’t punish the eye pokes- they INCENTIVIZED them. They made it a completely positive thing for Weidman to do. It shaved the rest of the time he needed to survive off the clock and gave him the win. Just flat out wrong and disgusting. And then he gets on the mic after and displays zero self awareness. Like he went “hmmmm I just blatantly cheated my way to victory how can I appear to be more of an asshole?”. And I get it, you’re a fan and he has other fans in here. But that’s what he undeniably was to any neutral observer and it shows in his comments on insta right now

Last edited:
Reactions: Moncherry

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
It should be overturned to a no contest.

I have no problem with it going to the scorecards had Silva been given the opportunity to continue and if he couldn't deduct a point go to scorecards Weidman still would have won.

Silva wasn't given the option so it has to be a no contest.

Reactions: Nakatomi and CDJ

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I personally hope Weidman gets chinned into retirement by a prospect after that performance but that’s just me

Looked good, completely ruined it by fighting dirty and acting like a dickhead on the mic celebrating and lecturing after blatantly cheating. No, it was not friendly advice. You double eye poked him, he literally couldn’t see and you’re telling him he shouldn’t turtle. f*** off dude. No wonder karma did that to his leg a couple years ago

If im a fighter and its the 3rd round and im up and the other guy has big power and im fading a little- guess who is now getting eye gouged so we can take it to the cards and win on decision?
I think he's always been one of the most annoying and delusional fighters with one of the most annoying fanbases.

He doubled down on his comments in the post-fight presser and questioned if Silva was "looking for a way out".

And when Jon Jones does it people call him the GOAT 🤣😂.
Jones and his dirty tactics are routinely criticized, so this is a load of crap.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad