GDT: UFC on ESPN: Blanchfield vs. Fiorot

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
lol at Weidman's post-fight advice to Silva.

"you can't just drop every time your eye gets poked. he did that like three times and it caught up to him."

Impressive to admit to three eye pokes and get zero deductions, haha.

Reactions: 16Skippy and CDJ

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
It makes sense to go to the scorecards then, that’s not a legit finish.

Reactions: Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It was overturned... To a unanimous decisions.
Didn’t get a deduction for 3 eye pokes lmfao, including a double that ended the fight and led to this happening. Gross way to win.

Mostly just pissed at the official. These guys f***ing suck tonight

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
Could have been fun to see 2 eye poke deduction points and have it be like 28-27 unanimous. Like a scorigami for UFC.

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Didn’t get a deduction for 3 eye pokes lmfao, including a double that ended the fight and led to this happening. Gross way to win.

Mostly just pissed at the official. These guys f***ing suck tonight
Yeah commissions need to stop pushing their inexperienced refs into these shows and just trust the guys have proven they can red in the UFC on national television. I remember being really upset by one of the UAE refs (the one who looks like a bean pole), and kept wondering why he was allowed to go back in there.

Reactions: CDJ

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The post fight interview made it even worse. I’d respect it more if he was like, yeah I poked him but they didn’t call it.

Reactions: CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
The post fight interview made it even worse. I’d respect it more if he was like, yeah I poked him but they didn’t call it.
Lmao what? Weidman said to protect yourself until the ref steps in and to not drop to the ground/flop around like a toddler who didn't get his candy bar in case the ref doesn't see it and thinks you're KO'd. All these guys have been poked before without the ref stepping in, they're told in the pre-fight meetings to protect themselves at all times... Bruno didn't, so Weidman gave him some advice. Ref shoulda stepped in, he didn't, then Silva out himself in a vulnerable position and the fight was ended. If he wanted to continue he had to protect himself, he didn't.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lmao what? Weidman said to protect yourself until the ref steps in and to not drop to the ground/flop around like a toddler who didn't get his candy bar in case the ref doesn't see it and thinks you're KO'd. All these guys have been poked before without the ref stepping in, they're told in the pre-fight meetings to protect themselves at all times... Bruno didn't, so Weidman gave him some advice. Ref shoulda stepped in, he didn't, then Silva out himself in a vulnerable position and the fight was ended. If he wanted to continue he had to protect himself, he didn't.

He poked him in the eye and then followed up with the left to drop him. This wasn’t like the previous fight where the guy just stopped fighting and looked to the ref.

Maybe save the lectures and inspirational stuff in that situation.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Why in the hell did Luque pull guard just to get hit in the face? He offered 0 offense from the ground so why did he even go there?

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Condescendingly telling your opponent not to drop to the ground after you gouge him the in eyes multiple times seems like pretty douchy advice. Kind of f***ing hard to protect yourself in that situation. Also pretty rich coming from Weidman considering how he tried to con his way to a win against Mousasi.

Reactions: Nakatomi and CDJ

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Did Luque just come to collect a check???

Very rarely does a womens mma fight get me excited but I am actually really looking forward to this one.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was weird. Looked like he was pulling guard but also kinda off balance and stumbling.

Regardless, some solid gnp by Buckley. Looking good at 170.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I get not wanting to get ahead of the fight but how a fighter doesnt have a name to call out afterwards always confuses me.

That was weird. Looked like he was pulling guard but also kinda off balance and stumbling.

Regardless, some solid gnp by Buckley. Looking good at 170.
He does look a lot smaller but he looks good

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad