Welterweight bout: Kevin Holland vs. Michael Page
Welterweight bout: Gilbert Burns vs. Jack Della Maddalena
Bantamweight bout: Petr Yan vs. Song Yadong

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN)

Heavyweight bout: Curtis Blaydes vs. Jailton Almeida
Women's Flyweight bout: Katlyn Cerminara vs. Maycee Barber
Lightweight bout: Mateusz Gamrot vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Bantamweight bout: Pedro Munhoz vs. Kyler Phillips

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Light Heavyweight bout: Ion Cutelaba vs. Philipe Lins
Middleweight bout: Michel Pereira vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk
Heavyweight bout: Robelis Despaigne vs. Josh Parisian
Flyweight bout: CJ Vergara vs. Assu Almabayev
Women's Flyweight bout: Joanne Wood vs. Maryna Moroz​

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Predictions for the main card in bold:

Bantamweight Championship bout: Sean O'Malley (c) vs. Marlon Vera (Vera is just not active enough and doesn't really get going until later rounds. So a decision victory for O'Malley.)
Lightweight bout: Dustin Poirier vs. Benoit Saint-Denis (We well see Poirier retiring after a brutal loss).
Welterweight bout: Kevin Holland vs. Michael Page (I guess Michael Page. Should be a fun one).
Welterweight bout: Gilbert Burns vs. Jack Della Maddalena I was not impressed with JDM in his last outing. I think Burns exposes him big time.
Bantamweight bout: Petr Yan vs. Song Yadong (Yan has to win again sometime right)!

And also these fights:

Heavyweight bout: Curtis Blaydes vs. Jailton Almeida (I am hoping for Blaydes here but Almeida will win in boring fashion).
Lightweight bout: Mateusz Gamrot vs. Rafael dos Anjos (I don't really rate Gamrot. He is too one dimension. dos Anjos by decision).

This is a great card on paper. Hopefully everyone makes weight!

Reactions: pistolpete11

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I wanna bet Blaydes but last time I did that he showed up in by far the worst shape I’ve ever seen him and had nothing

He should be able to stuff Almeida’s takedowns and I think he’s a better striker than Jailton

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I wanna bet Blaydes but last time I did that he showed up in by far the worst shape I’ve ever seen him and had nothing

He should be able to stuff Almeida’s takedowns and I think he’s a better striker than Jailton
Yea but it's Blaydes so he'll probably start winning the striking exchanges then use his high fight IQ and decide to take down Almeida, then promptly get subbed. Blaydes has all the tools to win this fight (and many others he's been in) but he just has to pretend he's not Curtis Blaydes for 15 minutes.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I love Yan -115, can’t believe Yadong Song is only 26 though. At that age there is potential for massive leaps to be made so I am weary of that. But from what I’ve seen to date Yan is better everywhere

I think people are caught up in a couple coin flip losses and looking bad against Merab. If they haven’t learned yet they’ll realize Merab is simply the best 135er on the planet and everybody is gonna look that bad against him unless they get a little lucky and spark him.

Did a Despaigne/Pereira/Yan/BSD/Suga parlay

Reactions: 16Skippy

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Crazy deep card.

O'Malley-Chito - I agree with @I am not exposed, Chito isn't very active in fights, so if O'Malley can avoid a big KO blow, he'll win by just being busier.

Poirier-BSD - It's a tough fight for Poirier, especially being 35 now. BSD is making a name for himself with some big KO's, but he's finished 9 of his 13 wins by submission. Poirier's not as helpless as Gaethje on the ground, but I don't think it's a strength. I think Poirier's boxing is better. BSD is a little stiff and he hasn't fought anyone close to Poirier's level. He's an relentless animal, though, so we'll have to see if Poirier will be able to keep him off of him. I kind of expect BSD to rush in looking for a big shot and if he doesn't get it then clinch and start grappling. If he stays out in space, Poirier has a chance.

Holland-MVP - I don't know MVP well enough, but my sense of it is that he's similar to Wonderboy and Wonderboy lit Holland on fire. I guess it helps Holland that it's only 3 rounds instead of 5 like the Wonderboy fight, so maybe he's able to get off to a fast start.

Burns-JDM - I think people have been underestimating Burns since he lost to Usman, but my concern is that he's 37 now. JDM does need to make a statement here after some underwhelming wins. Really a toss up to me.

Yan-Yadong - Yan needs a win in the worst way. It's crazy that Yadong is only 26 and this will be his 31st professional fight. Similar to Chito, I think Yan sometimes takes time to get going which could cost him, especially in a 3 round fight, but the only time Yadong has fought someone at this level was Sandhagen and he kind of got his ass kicked. Yan is still in his prime, so I think he pulls it out.

Blayded-Almedia - Interesting to have 2 primarily grappling focused HW. Probably means it will turn into a kickboxing match. Blaydes has been KO'ed a number of times, but it has been by some of the biggest punchers in the sport (Francis x2, Lewis, and Pav). I'll take Blaydes.

Chookagian-Barber - If Barber can get ahold of her, I think she'll bully her, but Chookagian has a way of turning every fight into a distance air striking match, so....

Gamrot-RDA - RDA has historically struggled with wrestlers. Give me Gamrot.

Munhoz-Phillips, Cutelaba-Lins, and Pereira-Michael O. are pretty good fights that are getting buried and would be better to bolster weak cards, but hey, what do I know.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I like Pereira’s athleticism vs Mikey O

I think Phillips is 10x faster than Munhoz

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
O'Malley-Chito
Poirier
-BSD
Holland-MVP
Yan-Yadong

Also found it interesting that ufc hasn't/didn't mention bellator at all on anything MVP related that I've seen, nor shown any footage of his fights there. (Idk if they have/need video rights)

Reactions: Malaka

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
O'Malley-Chito
Poirier
-BSD
Holland-MVP
Yan-Yadong

Also found it interesting that ufc hasn't/didn't mention bellator at all on anything MVP related that I've seen, nor shown any footage of his fights there. (Idk if they have/need video rights)
They might not have rights and probably don't want to promote Bellator as they have sponsors in the cage not associated with the UFC. I guess we will see with the promos leading up to the fight - it would be strange not to have anything.

Reactions: Taytro

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
O'Malley-Chito
Poirier
-BSD
Holland-MVP
Yan-Yadong

They never do don't think they did it with Chandler also.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
He has mentioning it in interviews all week. So, yes....we all should have that sense:

He walked that back in an interview with Mighty Mouse.

I think if he wins, he's going to be looking for the fight that gets him a title shot.

If he loses, I think he'll be looking for Conor, if Nate ever comes back, maybe a Gaethje trilogy or something. One of those big name "legacy" fights.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The Doumbe loss is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen but it's wild to me that someone like Helwani is saying Goddard should have paused the fight and summoned a doctor. Like, what? Since when can a fighter point to his foot and get a timeout for a doctor's examination in MMA? The one thing I'll blame Goddard for is he probably should have communicated more to Doumbe before calling it. Ask him, can you fight? Yes, no? If no I'm calling the fight in favor of your opponent. If Doumbe knew that was the dichotomy he was facing he would have kept fighting for sure. I think all three of them just got confused and Baki supposedly telling Doumbe "Ok, then go take the splinter out of your foot" didn't help things.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Anyone else getting the sense this may be it for Dustin if he loses?
With what Dustin has been saying I think it would be very silly not to bet on BSD, never good to be half out in this game. IDRC if he walked it back that’s concerning that it was ever put out there.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm watching Countdown right now and the Chito vs. O'Malley dynamic is actually hilarious. I truly believe they both think the other guy sucks but they're also both just kind of happy go lucky stoners so they're not being too nasty to each other.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Third miss in 6 fights I think CJ Vergara at flyweight should be done.. problem is I don't think he's really that good and a bantam move might be worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad