Welterweight bout: Geoff Neal vs. Ian Garry
Bantamweight bout: Merab Dvalishivili vs. Henry Cejudo
Middleweight bout: Anthony Hernandez vs. Roman Kopylov

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN)

Women's Strawweight bout: Amanda Lemos vs. Mackenzie Dern
Heavyweight bout: Marcos Rogerio de Lima vs. Junior Tafa
Bantamweight bout: Rinya Nakamura vs. Carlos Vera
Light Heavyweight bout: Zhang Mingyang vs. Brendson Ribeiro

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Josh Quinlan vs. Danny Barlow
Welterweight bout: Oban Elliott vs. Val Woodburn
Women's Flyweight bout: Andrea Lee vs. Miranda Maverick​

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I like them personally, muuuuuch more so than 297. Guys I'm interested to see throughout though obviously no major fight either
I’m interested in Barlow and Nakamura but the rest doesn’t really move the needle for me. I’ll def watch and lose money on it though

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Volk-Topuria : I'm really pulling for Volk. Not only do I like Volk a lot, but I do not like Topuria. He has that Conor overconfidence thing, but what made Conor fun (initially) was that he was funny. Topuria just seems like a dick.....but this feels like a changing of the guard situation. Volk is 35, coming off getting KO'ed, and has made some troubling comments about needing to fight and drinking too much. Topuria is coming into his prime, is well rounded, and it doesn't seem like the moment is going to be too big for him. I think Volk can win, especially if Topuria goes in there and thinks he's just going to bully him or something, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm surprised Volk is the favorite. I guess people just don't know Topuria well enough.

Whittaker-Costa : This is a big fight for Bobby Knuckles. The loss to DDP looks better than it did now that he's champ, but still. It's a fight I think he should win. His movement combined with Costa being a meathead and only needing to do it for 3 rounds seems favorable. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not really sure what the path to victory is for Costa.

Neal-Garry : I don't really have anything to say other than I hope Neal humbles him.

Merab-Cejudo : This is maybe my second most anticipated fight of the night because I'm just not sure what it's going to look like. I think we have an idea of what Merab will try to do and if he's successful at it, it could end up being boring. But Cejudo's wrestling and fight IQ make it interesting. Ultimately, I think Merab will win because of the size difference and Cejudo being 37.

The rest of the card I don't find all that interesting. Honestly, Lee-Maverick might be the fight I'm most interested in out of the rest of them, but I don't care enough to start watching from the first early prelim or to go back to watch it. Lemos-Dern is admittedly a relevant fight, but I think Lemos is going to put a beating on her. As always, if they somehow find themselves on the ground, Dern has a chance, but she has never shown the ability to get it there and I doubt she will even against someone with 55% TDD.

Reactions: Avs_19 and Taytro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm so torn on the main event for my parlay. I can't remember being this conflicted.
Took a quick look at the lines and I didn’t like a single thing at all

Maybe Kopylov +210? Just because I think that fights more of a pickem, I don’t even think he’ll necessarily win

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
My first thoughts when hearing about the main event was Topuria would be a live dog. I wasn't expecting it to be nearly a coin flip. I haven't seen enough of Topuria to have a strong opinion on this one, but it does have a changing of the guard feel to it.

I think Merab gets it done in pretty convincing fashion, making Cejudo look like an older 125er who's largely been out of action in recent years. There's thought that Merab is better than Aljo, I have a feeling that will be evidenced this weekend.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great main card. It’s going to be nice to get back to it after skipping the last three awful ones.

Main event is intriguing. I’ve thought Topuria will be champ at some point for a while now and nothing I’ve seen from him recently makes me doubt that. On the other hand, I haven’t liked anything I’ve seen/heard from Volk at of late but it’s also tough to doubt him until you actually see him lose at 145. I can’t pick a winner right now, just hoping for a good fight.

Co-main is another fun one and I can’t believe both guys actually made it. I’m going with Whittaker here and I think we might see some grappling from him.

Garry probably wins. It’s too bad he first went with the Conor act and then whatever you call what he’s doing now because he’s actually pretty fun to watch. The nonsense just seems so unnecessary.

I’m taking Merab. Guy is just relentless and Cejudo has had one foot out the door for a long time now. I think he’ll be too much and probably wins a decision.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Every time I see Volk 'asleep' at the press conference it gets more and more funny to me.

It's great. Just fun little gimmick to entertain, get under Topuria's skin, and promote the fight a bit, even though it probably won't result in a ton of extra buys if we're being honest. Who knew you could do that without being unlikable, disrespectful, racist, etc.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Dern has to be the most overpaid fighter on the roster...

The UFC is paying $200,000 to a fighter that I never want to see on a main card

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad