GDT: UFC 296: Edwards vs. Covington

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Watched it at a bar... Worst sporting event experience I've ever had. Pretty much silence for the last 2h, which were supposed to be the most exciting parts. Even the Shavkhat fight was pretty awful with constant clinching and no real action until the finish.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Prelims ended up being better.

Glad Leon won, but he would not have won new fans with that performance. Have no idea what Colby was doing. Belal or Shavkat next. Wonder who they will go for.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
In terms of bullshit hype or fight? Because there are hundreds of more competitive and worthwhile fights to make than two washed up guys.

In terms of a fight that people want to see that can headline an event of that size.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Is that really your argument? Dominated in the second fight and got a surprise KO. Third fight was a wash, champion got the benefit of the doubt.
Lmao yes my argument is that Leon has beat him twice, I think you’ll find it’s a pretty convincing argument when debating if somebody is even in his class

“Not in his class” what a ridiculous statement lmao. So casual.

Reactions: Moncherry and KapG

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Lmao yes my argument is that Leon has beat him twice, I think you’ll find it’s a pretty convincing argument

“Not in his class” what a ridiculous statement lmao. So casual.

Watch their second fight. Edwards looked like a bum, completely outclassed. That third fight doesn't change that difference in skillset.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Watched it at a bar... Worst sporting event experience I've ever had. Pretty much silence for the last 2h, which were supposed to be the most exciting parts. Even the Shavkhat fight was pretty awful with constant clinching and no real action until the finish.
I enjoyed this card..... until the title fights. I can see how the bars were probably a snoozefest for them.

Reactions: Taytro

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Top two fights were brutal.

At least Leon came out on top in that terrible fight. He did what he needed to do and it’s not on him to bring it out of his opponent. He didn’t have to use it a ton tonight but I’ve been so impressed by his grappling.

I thought it was such a dick move by Rogan to keep talking about how ending on the bottom was a bad look for Leon and how he wasn’t doing anything. He even kept criticizing him after the event was done. He was up 4-0 and ended up there because he actively went for a finish. From the choke, to the triangle, to the arm bar. The guy who talked all the **** did nothing to back it up and then nothing with top position and you’re going to spend the last few mins on that?

I’ve got literally nothing on the co-main. Couldn’t wait for it to end.

Shavkat is so damn good. Give him someone in the top three and then it’s title shot time. He’s a future champ.

The Paddy showcase backfired. The guy is so mediocre.

Emmett had one of the most vicious KOs you’ll see. I think the aftermath and the sound of it on the replay just reinforced that fact even more. I think it was DC who said you usually only get that from head kick KOs.

Aldana/Rosa was awesome. Menifield/Jacoby was fun too.

Garbrandt looked good. Maybe chill with the looking like a contender talk though. Pretty sure that was also Rogan, who I think they’d just be better off without.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Listening to the post fight press conferences... Dana is claiming they offered Luque multiple fights and he turned them all down.

Also if you don't follow Aaron Bronsteter for his press conference write ups you're missing out.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Top two fights were brutal.

At least Leon came out on top in that terrible fight. He did what he needed to do and it’s not on him to bring it out of his opponent. He didn’t have to use it a ton tonight but I’ve been so impressed by his grappling.

I thought it was such a dick move by Rogan to keep talking about how ending on the bottom was a bad look for Leon and how he wasn’t doing anything. He even kept criticizing him after the event was done. He was up 4-0 and ended up there because he actively went for a finish. From the choke, to the triangle, to the arm bar. The guy who talked all the **** did nothing to back it up and then nothing with top position and you’re going to spend the last few mins on that?

I’ve got literally nothing on the co-main. Couldn’t wait for it to end.

Shavkat is so damn good. Give him someone in the top three and then it’s title shot time. He’s a future champ.

The Paddy showcase backfired. The guy is so mediocre.

Emmett had one of the most vicious KOs you’ll see. I think the aftermath and the sound of it on the replay just reinforced that fact even more. I think it was DC who said you usually only get that from head kick KOs.

Aldana/Rosa was awesome. Menifield/Jacoby was fun too.

Garbrandt looked good. Maybe chill with the looking like a contender talk though. Pretty sure that was also Rogan, who I think they’d just be better off without.
Rogan is objectively not good at his job anymore, I’m fine with him sticking around because hes a ufc icon at this point but it is what it is

Listening to the post fight press conferences... Dana is claiming they offered Luque multiple fights and he turned them all down.

Also if you don't follow Aaron Bronsteter for his press conference write ups you're missing out.
Luque is at a point in his career where he shouldn’t be facing dangerous guys on short notice. He’s taken a lot of damage and a loss would set him back in a big way at this point

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad