Welterweight bout: Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Stephen Thompson
Lightweight bout: Tony Ferguson vs. Paddy Pimblett
Featherweight bout: Josh Emmett vs. Bryce Mitchell

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN2, TSN5)

Light Heavyweight bout: Alonzo Menifield vs. Dustin Jacoby
Women's Bantamweight bout: Irene Aldana vs. Karol Rosa
Bantamweight bout: Cody Garbrandt vs. Brian Kelleher
Women's Flyweight bout: Casey O'Neill vs. Ariane Lipski

EARLY PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)
Flyweight bout: Tagir Ulanbekov vs. Cody Durden
Featherweight bout: Andre Fili vs. Lucas Almeida
Heavyweight bout: Martin Buday vs. Shamil Gaziev​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Leon-Colby - I think there is a chance this is one of those "MMA Math doesn't work" type of of fights. Leon beat Usman twice + Colby lost to Usman twice = Leon beats Colby. But I think Colby's pressure is different than what Usman does. Colby is not going to let him stay in kick boxing range for any amount of time and I'm not sure how Leon is going to handle it. I don't even particularly like Leon, but I'm definitely rooting for him. It's a tough fight, though.

Pantoja-Royval - Who f***ing knows with this division.

Rahkmonov-Wonderboy - I think Rahkmonov is the scariest dude in the division. The only thing that I wonder about is if Rahkmonov tries to prove something by standing with Wonderboy. I think he could beat him there, too, but it makes it a lot closer. If he wrestles, I think it's an easy win.

Tony-Paddy - I think this is great matchmaking. I mean, I wish Tony would have hung them up by now, but if he's going to keep fighting, finding him the biggest name who's not going to kill him is what I want to see. Paddy's the best fit for that right now.

Luque-Garry - This is also great matchmaking to me. Garry is not going to be able to bully Luque (I think). Luque's as tough as they come, can crack back, and has a good ground game. It's a fight Garry 'should' win, but if he goes in there overconfident, Luque's a dangerous dude and could catch him.

Emmett-Mitchell - When I first saw this, I thought "yikes" for Mitchell, but Emmett's TDD is only 46%. I've also made the case his power is overrated. He throws absolute bombs and he's connected on a few to walk off KO a guy or 2, but those shots rarely land. If Mitchell can time those big power shots Emmett throws, he can probably grind out a win here.

A lot of other decent names on the prelims Cody-Kelleher, Aldana, Fili, Brown. You know, the usual "Why are they burying this guy/gal on the prelims or early prelims when he'd be a nice addition to one of these shitty Fight Nights" type of names.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Covington is going to win. :( We are going to end the year with Covington, Strickland, and O'Malley as champions! :laugh::eek3:
I've actually come to like Strickland a bit. Even O'Malley is alright to me. He's certainly cringey at times, but I think he's actually kind of thoughtful about the fight game.

Colby, though, ugh. Completely insufferable and irredeemable.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I might end up missing this and getting spoilers, but I'm looking forward to pretty much everything on the main and prelim card except Tony-Paddy.

I hope the winner of Edwards-Colby doesn't insist on moving up though, Rakhmonov will probably win and be the next in line. And there's still Belal if the UFC ever remembers his name.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I might end up missing this and getting spoilers, but I'm looking forward to pretty much everything on the main and prelim card except Tony-Paddy.

I hope the winner of Edwards-Colby doesn't insist on moving up though, Rakhmonov will probably win and be the next in line. And there's still Belal if the UFC ever remembers his name.
WW is loaded with potential title challengers.

Rahkmonov, Belal, Brady, Garry, JDM.

Leon teasing moving up because there's nothing for him at 170 after Colby was so eye roll worthy.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
WW is loaded with potential title challengers.

Rahkmonov, Belal, Brady, Garry, JDM.

Leon teasing moving up because there's nothing for him at 170 after Colby was so eye roll worthy.
I think Belal and Rahkmonov (assuming he wins) should be considered a whole different tier than the other three but yea still cringe worthy.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I've actually come to like Strickland a bit. Even O'Malley is alright to me. He's certainly cringey at times, but I think he's actually kind of thoughtful about the fight game.

The other 2 are just being themselves.

Colby is trying to put on a character cause no one wants to watch him fight.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
The first three fights on the card interest me more than the championship bouts.

Can't believe Covington getting another shot is actually happening. Don't see him being a very active champ if he wins either, that or he still won't fight the actual contenders.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think Belal and Rahkmonov (assuming he wins) should be considered a whole different tier than the other three but yea still cringe worthy.
For sure, but these other guys are coming quickly. By the time they do this fight and then Rahkmonov or Belal, they will probably have another fight or 2 and will be right there....assuming they win said fights of course.

Reactions: 16Skippy

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I think Wonderboy knocks him out. I believe in that guy a lot. Can't wait for this event!

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I like Stickland as well. Was happy to see him win. Just think it is wild those three could end the year as potential champs. I went through the 2023 champion prediction thread and I don't think anyone had any of these fighters listed.

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I saw David Goggins is going to corner Tony. :help:

Seems like a desperate Hail Mary to get back that fighting spirit. That was maybe Tony's best attribute so if he needs to go to such desperate measures to have that, not a good sign IMO.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I think Wonderboy knocks him out. I believe in that guy a lot. Can't wait for this event!
Sorry, but I doubt it.

I saw David Goggins is going to corner Tony. :help:

Seems like a desperate Hail Mary to get back that fighting spirit. That was maybe Tony's best attribute so if he needs to go to such desperate measures to have that, not a good sign IMO.
Training with him was dumb enough. Whatever Goggins provides is not what Tony needs to get back in the swing of things.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Training with him was dumb enough. Whatever Goggins provides is not what Tony needs to get back in the swing of things.
I thought there was a chance that training him was just a publicity stunt, but being in his corner seems like another level.

Reactions: 16Skippy

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
I thought there was a chance that training him was just a publicity stunt, but being in his corner seems like another level.
It's bizarre. I know Paddy didn't look impressive against Gordon but I don't think Ferguson has the speed or reaction time to not get caught. Goggins didn't help him with either.

Definitely wanna see this fight and how fast it plays out.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Isn't Belal weighing in this week anyway? Do up the trilogy

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Any word on what fight is going to get promoted to the main card? Emmett-Mitchell would be the obvious best one IMO, but they like to keep the prelim headliners in place a lot of times.

Maybe Cody-Kelleher?

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad