Ufc 200

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
If D.C. wants to win he has to find a way to stay on the inside against Jones. Jones isn't overly aggressive so he's content in a kickboxing match.

The real question is how much kicks and knees DC can eat before gassing out like the first fight. He was highly competitive with Jones for about the first 3 rounds and couldn't keep up his pace into the championship rounds (a lot of it because he had to eat kicks to the body to enter the short range).

His cardio looked improved and consistent in a war with Gus, so who knows how long that last against Jones

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Well Gus throws harder shots than JJ so it may bode well. Cormier has to make it a street fight and pick his shots.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Funny how Cain and a lot of other fighters look nothing like they used to, after they implemented stricter doping controles.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
I just want to know if this could be in store for Hunt:

KBpJxQ.gif

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Funny how Cain and a lot of other fighters look nothing like they used to, after they implemented stricter doping controles.
Don't throw Cain into this group unless his fight at 200 also sucks. He had an 18 month layoff from injury and looked mortal at altitude in a title fight. If he runs through Browne with that typical Velasquez Beast Mode thing, he's still the best heavyweight in the world.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Predictions:

Jones beats DC
Edgar beats Aldo
Cain beats Browne
Tate beats Nunes
Lesnar beats Hunt.

I think some may be underestimating Brock, or maybe it's me overestimating him, the guy is an animal and I think he'll pull it off.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Don't throw Cain into this group unless his fight at 200 also sucks. He had an 18 month layoff from injury and looked mortal at altitude in a title fight. If he runs through Browne with that typical Velasquez Beast Mode thing, he's still the best heavyweight in the world.

To me, this Cain-Browne is THE fight of the night. I expect to see Cain make a statement in direction of the Belt. And go for the belt the next fight. Loosing against Werdum was a huge mistake of training and underestimating altitude.

I deemed Cain a heavyweight that was able to defend the belt and stay on the top for some time.

But ... as you say, this fight is going to say it all ... :
is he capable to be back at his previous level in spite of a new type of training ?
or even maybe, they toughened the doping test ... will this impact him ?

Answer : UFC 200 in 7 day we will know !

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
To me, this Cain-Browne is THE fight of the night. I expect to see Cain make a statement in direction of the Belt. And go for the belt the next fight. Loosing against Werdum was a huge mistake of training and underestimating altitude.

I deemed Cain a heavyweight that was able to defend the belt and stay on the top for some time.

But ... as you say, this fight is going to say it all ... :
is he capable to be back at his previous level in spite of a new type of training ?
or even maybe, they toughened the doping test ... will this impact him ?

Answer : UFC 200 in 7 day we will know !

Travis Browne was losing to Matt Mitrione before those disgusting eye-pokes. Browne has looked like absolute **** since he left Greg Jacksons. He's training with Edmund in California with his girlfriend. Can you name one fighter that has gone to that camp and that has gotten better? Jake Ellenberger looked worse than ever and finally went back to his old gym. The four horsewomen or whatever, yeah, only Ronda is still in the UFC at this poiint.

His two wins are Matt Mitrione and Brendan Schaub. Hittable guys. Andrei Arlovski brawled and knocked him out and Fabricio Werdum embarassed the hell out of him.

Browne's last win was 2.5 years ago. Cain's last win was around that same time frame. His last win that wasn't JDS or BF was Brock Lesnar.. who's been out of the game for like 5 years now.

Dillashaw/RA is the number one contenders fight in the BW division.
Hunt vs Lesnar are two top 10 HWs (yes, Brock would be) that is a style dream.
Tate vs Nunes is two fun grapplers that are top 5s.
Cormier/JJ doesn't have too much of my interest
Edgar/Aldo is fun. After champions lose their belt, knocked out, we've seen a lot of them drop and fast. Chinny, and really never the same again. Chad Mendes fell off fast with that KO loss from Edgar.
Santos/Mousasi is filthy.
Kelvin/Hendricks is a battle of who can make weight. Two big WWs that like to grind. IMO, Hendricks beat Ruthless both times.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Brock winning would only piss off Pride fanboys. Which is hilariously ironic given Pride's relationship with Pro Wrestling.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Cormier vs. Silva; in a three-round, non-title fight; is now confirmed.

EDIT: Tate vs. Nunes is now the main event.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Title fight

UFC 197 had a non-title fight of Conor vs Diaz over a title fight. UFC 200 had a planned non-title fight of Conor vs Diaz 2 over Tate/Nunes and Edgar/Aldo (meaningless title there). Guessing the 3 rounds thing is why.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Absolutely love Anderson being the guy here. This made the most sense by far IMO. I just wasn't sure if he was healthy. Still has an epic feel to it. Mousasi doesn't do anything for most people, and with Hendo likely in line for a title shot against Bisping, it makes no sense for him to take this.

The women's fight as the main event is a little odd given it's arguably the fifth biggest fight on the card, but maybe there was concern with Lesnar-Hunt or Cormier-Silva being duds? The women fights are typically very action-packed.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Haha, I was looking up the results on wikipedia, did a wiki search for UFC 200. Planning on clicking the "previous event" button a couple times to rewind back to Fight Night Whatever the Thursday show was called.

Thought it was wiki-vandalism for a second ... Tate / Nunes? The hell? I missed a lot today haha.

I like Cormier / Anderson ... as has been said, it still feels epic. I feel like Cormier wins easily, but I'm still amped to see this.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Nice main even for your 200th event lmao

Cormier silva? Meeeehhhhh, boring fight. Cormier will just take him down and keep him there

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Cormier is going to destroy silva. He's all washed up

UFC just using him cause he has name value.

I agree this is most likely.. but I'm still interested in watching it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad