ufas the jets to pursue summer 2016

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Stamkos? Yea, not happening. I'll be doing cartwheels if we just sign Stempniak

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Frans Neilson is some one I could see chevy going for. Underrated similar to Perreault

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If we do sign someone it will be IMO

- someone 28 or younger
- $3M x 3 or less (like Perreault's contract)
- not a slow player, someone who fits the new model of QUICK

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If we do sign someone it will be IMO

- someone 28 or younger
- $3M x 3 or less (like Perreault's contract)
- not a slow player, someone who fits the new model of QUICK

Would you do Helm for 3 for $3M

He's a bit older at 29, but he's still very fast and tenacious and would give our bottom 6 a boost. He also excels on the PK.

I don't expect nor want them to do anything too crazy in UFA this year.

SKODEN

Apr 19, 2016
Its to late to sign any significant free agents now. It would have had to be in the first few years to speed up the process. Now it would just be blocking our youth imo.

I would absolutely love a cheap(under 4 mil) mid 6 guy to play on the third line though. I feel there will be better options via trade

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Really??

The fascination with Stempniak is becoming legendary.

Where do you fit Stempniak in the line-up? Which young player should we keep in the minors for him? Dano? Armia? Petan?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Its to late to sign any significant free agents now. It would have had to be in the first few years to speed up the process. Now it would just be blocking our youth imo.

I would absolutely love a cheap(under 4 mil) mid 6 guy to play on the third line though. I feel there will be better options via trade

Only if we replace Stafford, or maybe we dump Burmi or Lowry down to the 4th line and put Copp in the minors. My view is that we should press on with the youth movement, unless we move some youth for assets. Our middle-6 might already be crowded...

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Stafford
Connor-Burmi/Lowry-Dano/Armia
Petan/Burmi-Copp-Armia/Dano

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I may be in the minority but why not go after Stamkos? Offer him 60 mill over 6 years. 25 year old elite players don't hit ufa very often. Have him captain the 2019 cup champion Jets lol

Of course he probably doesn't want to sign here and could probably make more money elsewhere

ellismate

Jun 9, 2015
SK
I may be in the minority but why not go after Stamkos? Offer him 60 mill over 6 years. 25 year old elite players don't hit ufa very often. Have him captain the 2019 cup champion Jets lol

Of course he probably doesn't want to sign here and could probably make more money elsewhere

He came off of sports hernia and was scoring at the same pace as little. There's a good chance he won't be elite again.

SKODEN

Apr 19, 2016
Only if we replace Stafford, or maybe we dump Burmi or Lowry down to the 4th line and put Copp in the minors. My view is that we should press on with the youth movement, unless we move some youth for assets. Our middle-6 might already be crowded...

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler

I want with every single thing you said. I thought of all of those many times. I just dont see us moving Stafford until the trade deadline. And Copp and Lowry are locks next year imo.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Agreed, no interest in Stamkos........sooner spend money on Lee. Replace some of that dead wood in our bottom 6. Unless the plan is to totally tank again.......if that's the case play young kids, Pavs starter and Stu is top 4.

For the record I expect Chevy to take the summer off from trades or FA. Go to the cabin, relax.

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He came off of sports hernia and was scoring at the same pace as little. There's a good chance he won't be elite again.

Exactly, hockey analysts weren't super psyched with his level of play even before his latest injury. Not interested in signing him. He's not worth double what Little makes (or more). Don't sign anyone big and roll with the kids. However, sign a couple solid AHL vets. And grab a good developmental coach

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler

I think if Chevy does anything he might bundle some combination of young player/prospect/pick to get young LHD or prospect. He will draft BPA meaning a bunch of forwards and a D who might be ready for the 2nd pair in 5-6 years.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think if Chevy does anything he might bundle some combination of young player/prospect/pick to get young LHD or prospect. He will draft BPA meaning a bunch of forwards and a D who might be ready for the 2nd pair in 5-6 years.

If the Jets re-sign Trouba and keep him at LD, then they are actually not bad at LD for the next few seasons.... Enstrom, Trouba, Morrissey, Chiarot.

If they decide to move Trouba, then I would definitely hope that they look for a good #4 LHD. Morrissey may fit into that role eventually, but we need to ensure that Stuart is kept to an increasingly marginalized role.

I could actually see Chevy trying to make a splash at the draft by packaging one of his young prospects (Dano? Petan? Armia? Roslovic?) to maneuver up in the draft (with either of the 1sts).

I just have a sense that the depth of young forwards might prompt him to look for a bigger move.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
None please. Keep Stafford. Let the kids battle for Thorburn's spot.

Strongly disagree. If you can move Stafford (return is less important) and upgrade the top 9F via FA or trade (packaging quantity for quality) you go for it. It's time for Chevy to begin thinking proactively. Do nothing and finish in No Man's Land again, Little down to his final year... not a situation you want to be in next summer. If that's where they stand in the 7th offseason the GM has to go. He's had a fair shot, held the position longer than 2/3s of his peers.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If the Jets re-sign Trouba and keep him at LD, then they are actually not bad at LD for the next few seasons.... Enstrom, Trouba, Morrissey, Chiarot.

If they decide to move Trouba, then I would definitely hope that they look for a good #4 LHD. Morrissey may fit into that role eventually, but we need to ensure that Stuart is kept to an increasingly marginalized role.

I could actually see Chevy trying to make a splash at the draft by packaging one of his young prospects (Dano? Petan? Armia? Roslovic?) to maneuver up in the draft (with either of the 1sts).

I just have a sense that the depth of young forwards might prompt him to look for a bigger move.

Our pipeline is near empty of D men who take 5 years to develop. Trouba is good on the left, better on the right. It is a solution but it is also a kludge. Enstrom is under contract for 2 more years. Then what?

With Morrissey and Postma for a 3rd pair I'm happy with our D in the short term until we have an injury. We need our D to start looking like our forwards.

Edit: I like the idea of making a move for quality over quantity. I don't know if Chevy will pull that off or not.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Our pipeline is near empty of D men who take 5 years to develop. Trouba is good on the left, better on the right. It is a solution but it is also a kludge. Enstrom is under contract for 2 more years. Then what?

With Morrissey and Postma for a 3rd pair I'm happy with our D in the short term until we have an injury. We need our D to start looking like our forwards.

Edit: I like the idea of making a move for quality over quantity. I don't know if Chevy will pull that off or not.

I agree that we need to start filling the prospect closet with some D. Maybe that gets addressed in the upcoming draft.

If you don't have Trouba on the L, then you have to trade him or Myers. Maybe that brings back a LHD.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Agreed, no interest in Stamkos........sooner spend money on Lee. Replace some of that dead wood in our bottom 6. Unless the plan is to totally tank again.......if that's the case play young kids, Pavs starter and Stu is top 4.

For the record I expect Chevy to take the summer off from trades or FA. Go to the cabin, relax.
With his job security Why not
Life is too short

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I wouldn't touch Stamkos... Not even for 7 million. Okposo would be great here but I suspect he will also command an over payment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad