Speculation: UFA'S Holl,Kerfoot & Bunting Not Resigning With The Leafs

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Bunting was fun but his act wore out, I'm sure he'll go back to drawing penalties away once he's away from the fishbowl that is Toronto. Hope he gets paid this offseason. Kerfoot was overpaid and too much of a tweener, big ups though for the Game 4 OT winner. Holl was just awful, far too relied upon by our dumb head coach.
I don’t know if the officials will forgive and forget. It seemed more personal with Bunting than I’ve noticed with other players who have drawn their scorn.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Holmberg and Schenn replace Kerfoot and Holl at 1/4 the cap

But they will need to replace Bunting or get a decently good LW

Reactions: Budz

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t know if the officials will forgive and forget. It seemed more personal with Bunting than I’ve noticed with other players who have drawn their scorn.
Nah not at all. If he signs with a Bettman privilege team like Boston or Florida he's going to THRIVE as a pest.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If this news is indeed true, then this is already 3 less mistakes our new GM will be making then our previous one,

- Protecting Holl in the expansion while gifting Seattle a 40 goal scorer in McCann.
- Trading Kadri for Kerfoot
- Letting Hyman walk thinking Bunting is a suitable and equal replacement.

Let the cleansing begin as we move away from the past for hopefully a brighter future ahead for Leafs Nation.

Last edited:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1686890108693.png

The Mitchician

Dec 10, 2009
IMO- Bunting is a heat score, Kerfoot can walk, and Holl can find a hollway to a different door.

Freshy fresh adds, spots for young guns even,..Knies, robertson,..ect...

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I figured with Dubas gone they wouldn’t be resigned. This is still worth celebrating. No Holl on the team Is a positive

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I liked buntings first year. He fit real well with Marner and Matthews. Second year was not as good. He disappears in the playoffs too much, it’s gonna suck when he pulls a Hyman and becomes effective for someone else

i can’t actually believe that kerfoot and holl will be gone. That’s 20ish minutes of hockey that will no longer be as painful as snorting bleach

bentharbs

Feb 25, 2018
Literally had every shot to be good players on a good team.
Bunting blew it with his attitude and approach.
Holl blew it with his bad play (although I think he had moments)
Kerfoot blew it with his ghosting.

Cool. All utterly replaceable for less.

Reactions: The Mitchician

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I never liked Bunting. I made that point many many times
People were like he's like Tucker. Seriously, some fans don't know who Tucker was. He was just crazy

Tucker once fought Jeremy Roenic, Steve Ott and Cam Jenssen
Dude was a pyschopath

A classic example of how to fall out of favor.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I never liked Bunting. I made that point many many times
People were like he's like Tucker. Seriously, some fans don't know who Tucker was. He was just crazy

Tucker once fought Jeremy Roenic, Steve Ott and Cam Jenssen
Dude was a pyschopath

A classic example of how to fall out of favor.
Bunts was the guy who replaced the easily replaceable Hyman at 20% the cost. The guy outperformed his contract by a country mile for two of two years and loves the blue and white. I'd bring him back for the right price, but some dummy suit decided they do not want him back.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Who are we going to blame for everything wrong that happens now?
There will always be an Aki Berg type to go after.

Default: Marner in the playoffs.

Default 2: Regular season Nylander when he takes the night off.

Default 3: Matthews...

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Holmberg and Schenn replace Kerfoot and Holl at 1/4 the cap

But they will need to replace Bunting or get a decently good LW
I hope they do. I wonder if this kind of thing will be on the shopping list for the trade deadline too. It's time for Toronto to stop relying on small, low-wage, reclamation projects that have no affect in the tough moments of the playoffs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Bunts was the guy who replaced the easily replaceable Hyman at 20% the cost. The guy outperformed his contract by a country mile for two of two years and loves the blue and white. I'd bring him back for the right price, but some dummy suit decided they do not want him back.
How much has Bunting asked for?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Probably the same guy who told them to trade Kadri.
Seems like you’re just making up a bunch of stuff.
If a suit said don’t pay Bunting 4/yr, most would agree with him. Why would you want to pay him that?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Pretty much as expected.
All good players, but players we've got replacements for now, and not players we need to pay UFA prices for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad