Speculation: UFA'S Holl,Kerfoot & Bunting Not Resigning With The Leafs

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Bunting I think can have a role here, but the contract he'll be offered will be too rich of an overpayment for it to be worthwhile for the Leafs.

Holl and Kerfoot gone is music to my ears. Both just weren't good...especially Holl.

I know these are easy decisions for Treliving, but good start for him cleaning the slate. Here's hoping he rounds out the bottom lines/pairings than what was done before.

Reactions: phillipmike

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Bunting became very underrated and over-hated just like Kadri did.

Kerfoot and Holl should have been off this team years ago. Useless tits the two of them.

Who are we going to blame for everything wrong that happens now?
I'm sure it'll be fine.

Even better is that we don't have to hear about Holl being one of the best shutdown guys in the league. What a dumb take that was.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Limited players but they always gave you the best of there ability
Im not sorry to see them go but I can appreciate the effort they put in while they were here

You can complain about how they were used or the TOI they were allocated but I never blamed them for that

That's on our coaches and management

Best of luck boys, I hope you are successful in your future endeavors

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Kerfoot was okay for toronto. Iunno why people dislike the guy. He seemed to never complain, just played whatever role he was put on. Maybe cause dumbass i mean dubas traded away Kadri for him basically. So we were expecting much more from him..... for Holl, thank God he's gone.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Won't miss any of them, especially Bunting. As someone who has always backed his mouth up it irritated the hell out of me watching his act.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
yup. bunting was a beneficiary of getting top TOI and playing with elite players. If Robertson is healthy I think his production can easily be replaced.

Also we should hopefully get to more of what Knies can do. Knies probably is going to look at 50 point season at least and at an ELC that should be good of course depending on the usage and TOI
I've got a bad feeling the bolded is not going to be a regular thing

Last edited:

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Some nights, especially his first season, Bunting looked like the most committed player on the team and he flat out won us games on occasion, more so then Hyman ever did from what recall. He really fell off this year though and his reputation took a real beating.
Is he the mediocre, diver of this season or the battling, overachiever from the year before?
I bet he will be a great add to any team and this poor year was an anomaly.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Kerfoot was okay for toronto. Iunno why people dislike the guy. He seemed to never complain, just played whatever role he was put on. Maybe cause dumbass i mean dubas traded away Kadri for him basically. So we were expecting much more from him..... for Holl, thank God he's gone.
Kerfoot was a good soldier just made way too much.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Having kerfoot feels like what having bozak leave would have felt if he left after 2013/2014 (before his strong bounce back years in 2017 and 2018)

Dont think I saw a player as meidcore as him ever be so defended by a group of posters

All b/c he was the only asset left in a terrible trade we made by a inexperienced GM who got bent over

Holl is a medicore bottom pairing D no regrets with him leaving

Bunting is a good 3rd liner who wants 4-5M most likely. Better off without that

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Yeah, for me, when a lot of people said he was just as good as Kadri and made less, that placed false expectations on him and he was destined to not achieve them. He was an adequate 3rd line centre, but that money could be better used elsewhere. I'd like to think there will be a fair replacement for him at a lower cost.

Reactions: Albz

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Bunting was fun but his act wore out, I'm sure he'll go back to drawing penalties away once he's away from the fishbowl that is Toronto. Hope he gets paid this offseason. Kerfoot was overpaid and too much of a tweener, big ups though for the Game 4 OT winner. Holl was just awful, far too relied upon by our dumb head coach.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad