Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
giphy.gif

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
WOW SHOCKING

Holl could use the fresh start. Thanks to Kerfoot for doing the job, he earned the Leaf and never complained. As for Bunting, hard to imagine how quickly this guy sewered his own stock. He looked like a new Darcy Tucker for a few minutes but just could not keep the clown nose off for 10 f***in minutes.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Losing Bunting sucks, but Knies should already be an upgrade and I'm sure Bunting will sign an ugly contract. As for Kerfoot and Holl, they badly need to play for a different team

Reactions: arso40

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Trelivings best move yet. Addition by subtraction.

Bunts would be decent but way too much for what he'll do in my opinion.

yup. bunting was a beneficiary of getting top TOI and playing with elite players. If Robertson is healthy I think his production can easily be replaced.

Also we should hopefully get to more of what Knies can do. Knies probably is going to look at 50 point season at least and at an ELC that should be good of course depending on the usage and TOI

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Are there quotes from Treliving or is this just writers speculation?

Reactions: fahad203

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Bunting needs a small market team - he just draws too much attention for his own good. Kerf and Holl were perfectly adequate role players. Kerfoot redeemed himself in the playoffs this year with one of the most exciting goals in the Salary Cap Era for the Leafs and Holl was whelming as a bottom pairing defenseman, underwhelming in the top 4.

Kerf and Holl are good role models too for young players - if you put your head down, work hard, and do what the coaches want you to do, it makes it VERY hard to pull you out of the lineup

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Losing Bunting sucks, but Knies should already be an upgrade and I'm sure Bunting will sign an ugly contract. As for Kerfoot and Holl, they badly need to play for a different team
If a reasonable contract could be had I wouldn’t mind Bunting being back, but that’s a big IF, he’s probably learned a think or two about how to negotiate his next contract……..

I hope Sidney Crosby is ready for the Holl, Kerfoot and Bunting era to begin in earnest in Pittsburgh.
1686869192705.jpg

Reactions: myleafs

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Bunting needs a small market team - he just draws too much attention for his own good. Kerf and Holl were perfectly adequate role players. Kerfoot redeemed himself in the playoffs this year with one of the most exciting goals in the Salary Cap Era for the Leafs and Holl was whelming as a bottom pairing defenseman, underwhelming in the top 4.

Kerf and Holl are good role models too for young players - if you put your head down, work hard, and do what the coaches want you to do, it makes it VERY hard to pull you out of the lineup
I’d hope a new coach could rein in some of the antics, but he might just be another Kadri when it comes to attracting the ref’s attention……..

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
yup. bunting was a beneficiary of getting top TOI and playing with elite players. If Robertson is healthy I think his production can easily be replaced.

Also we should hopefully get to more of what Knies can do. Knies probably is going to look at 50 point season at least and at an ELC that should be good of course depending on the usage and TOI
If Knies gets 50 points he's maybe in the running for rookie of the year... may be a bit lofty if an expectation but that's probably the Leaf fan in me talking my excitement down for a player. That'll be one guy to follow next year that'll make the regular season fun to watch. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Thinking of that... same with Robertson. I'm still pretty big on him compared to most it seems lately. I saw him in his OHL days and watching him with his stints on the Leafs. It's all there... he just needs to put himself in better positions when going into the corners and bulk up. He's a gamer I think. I could see him being a 20 goal 30 asdist guy one day. Tweener of a 3rd to 2nd type line. Good on the powerplay. That's my high end for him but he's got the drive.

As for Bunting he'll do well else where but he got boosted forsure. I think he'll be over paid soon.

Reactions: arso40

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Are there quotes from Treliving or is this just writers speculation?
Today’s journalism….

They quoted CJ “It’s my understanding at this point that some of the veteran players that have been with the Leafs that are UFAs like Alex Kerfoot, Justin Holl, Michael Bunting even… that they won’t be back…” He added, “…I think that those players are all going to the open market now.”

Reactions: OddyOh

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If Knies gets 50 points he's maybe in the running for rookie of the year... may be a bit lofty if an expectation but that's probably the Leaf fan in me talking my excitement down for a player. That'll be one guy to follow next year that'll make the regular season fun to watch. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Thinking of that... same with Robertson. I'm still pretty big on him compared to most it seems lately. I saw him in his OHL days and watching him with his stints on the Leafs. It's all there... he just needs to put himself in better positions when going into the corners and bulk up. He's a gamer I think. I could see him being a 20 goal 30 asdist guy one day. Tweener of a 3rd to 2nd type line. Good on the powerplay. That's my high end for him but he's got the drive.

As for Bunting he'll do well else where but he got boosted forsure. I think he'll be over paid soon.

Robertson should be good enough to at least get 40 points and pot about 15 to 20 goals IMO dependent on usage and TOI and QoT of linemates of course. And definitely dependent on competent coach lol

Knies was a surprise for me especially how well he played compared to his peers. He was confident, wasn't afraid to use his body or go into corners. Hopefully he doesn't catch blue and white disease.

Bunting IMO will regress moving forward. Whoever pays him top dollar is going to regret. I hope its pitsburgh and they suck ass LOL :laugh:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I wasn't particularly anticipating a return for any of the three prior to the change of GM.

Reactions: fahad203

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad