Speculation: UFA'S Holl,Kerfoot & Bunting Not Resigning With The Leafs

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I wonder if the problem with Bunting is we had only one of him. If we had 5 people who acted like that the refs can't call/suspend them all.

We're losing some of the only "eff you" on the team.

Imagine how formidable we could've been with Hyman, Kadri and Bunting in the middle six instead of some of the other guys we've had like Engvall who just take shifts.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Well, taking stupid penalties did not benefit us. Kadri had to go and Hyman priced himself out. Bunting will end up to much in my opinion but Leafs might be able to sign him but feel like they will let him walk to free agency. Bunting probably should of not done what he did and now he might be gone. Though, he will get some team to overpay I'm sure! He might get 5 million+ which Leafs probably won't be able to pay based on trying to sign O'Reilly and few others. I be very surprised if Kerfoot returns and Holl as well. Which, is how this business is in professional sports.

Last edited:

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I liked Kerf and Bunting. But at the price they'll cost, I'm fine that they'll both be gone.

I never liked Holl. He can go away and never come back.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
He was expensive at 3.5 AAV

One of the most important goals in the last few decades
to be honest, most 3.5 mil players arent half as good as Kerfoot or as versatile, unless you compare to players on the entry level deals, which is not comparable.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
We're done with Holl finally. Now just waiting to finalize deal with Bunting going to Canes.

Any news on Kerfoot?

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I wonder if the problem with Bunting is we had only one of him. If we had 5 people who acted like that the refs can't call/suspend them all.

We're losing some of the only "eff you" on the team.

Imagine how formidable we could've been with Hyman, Kadri and Bunting in the middle six instead of some of the other guys we've had like Engvall who just take shifts.
Bunting was good at running his mouth, just not so big in backing it up.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Watch bunting have league protection from the refs with his pest game now that hes not a leaf.

Reactions: Metroid

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Happy for Holl and Bunting. Got the money they deserved. Hopefully Kerfoot signs elsewhere too.

Happy to see Schenn and ROR get their retirement checks. Never wanted either back at those prices

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Lost most of our charactor guys/guys that will get their hands dirty.
Schenn, Accarri, Bunting, ROR. Even Holl would put his body in front of any shot.
So we can keep our stars wallets filled.

Hope I am wrong but the team has an extremely weak, (figuratively) supporting cast.
McCabe and Reaves are the only 2 that will throw a hit.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Kerfoot was okay for toronto. Iunno why people dislike the guy. He seemed to never complain, just played whatever role he was put on. Maybe cause dumbass i mean dubas traded away Kadri for him basically. So we were expecting much more from him..... for Holl, thank God he's gone.

He was paid three times as much as he was worth.

That's the only problem with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad