Proposal: UFA Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
If Habs want to make sure things keep cool next year,here is the guy to a make that happen.He knocked Thornton into 2022 and the rest of Bruins want nothing to do with him.....So with threats hanging over your head for 2014-2015,sign him and sit back and watch.

Last edited:

PricePkPatch*

While Parros proved to be a bad experiment overall, I think there's still some good in having an effective heavyweight fighter on the team.. Once in a while.. just in case.

Not sure about Scott. He's great, sure. But how good a teammate does he proved to be?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Scott's a ****ing disgrace to the league, want no part of him

We need to find a tough guy who can actually play a regular shift without being a liability

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
As funny as seeing them scared would be I rather Habs be Habs and be up 2-0 and have the other coach too scared to play their 4th line due to it being lit up.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
You sign a guy like this and you use him 20 times a year, especially in division/heated matchups. I'd give him a one year contract without worrying about it too much. A classic 3 minutes a game goon. But we do have the forward depth to make him skip shifts when his job is done.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
As funny as seeing them scared would be I rather Habs be Habs and be up 2-0 and have the other coach too scared to play their 4th line due to it being lit up.

the regular season, is where the trouble will be......He is a ***** cat when John is around.Just as we had Parros and got 100 pts....Same with Scott....

See Milan try to attack John? nope.
So next year game 1 , put him on the ice with Lucic and have him send this message....Dale and Emelin says hi Lucy....

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Our 4th line lit up the Bruins in game 7.

So hey, let's replace one of them with a guy who can't play hockey!

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I have never, ever, liked taking up a roster spot with someone whose only role was to fight. Still stands.

I have wanted guys in the line-up that have the size, ability and willingness to fight.

We have a lot of depth right now and if we re-sign Vanek and Gio we still have White, Galchenyuk and Moen who are currently not playing ( Parros not being included ). If Gio and/ or Vanek don't sign we need to replace them with some one with talent. There is no room, and quite frankly I could see us cutting loose White or Moen due to the lack of space.

So No to Scott.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What's the point? You can always find a Bordeleau or Gallant out of nowhere.

PricePkPatch*

Regular season =/= Playoffs.

Bruins, especially, will be looking for blood come October. Nothing wrong with having a guy ready to make them more... honest.

Parros is not actively hurting us at the moment.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bringing in Parros showed me once and for all that a goon is not needed. Team toughness is the key. No thanks on bring in a goon like Scott

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
We were able to beat the Bruins without needing Parros. Why would we need John Scott?
There were ZERO fights in this series as well.

What would Scott bring to the game besides steal 3-5 minutes from someone who deserves to play?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

With that thinking Habs should have not made playoffs because of Parros?

Let's be honest.....

You got to understand , players on your team was just given death threats........Love Prust but Lucic aint backing down from him or ....

Scott makes sure Lucic or CHARA isnt an idiot in 2014-15.

As Parros ,Scott in and out of Press Box...

DO you think Lucic threatens Habs with Scott as a Hab?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
John Scott yes please. Only in regular season, we dont need him in playoffs. Is he strong enough to beat Lucic though? i doubt it

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC

We'd be talking very limited action for someone like that. We have short memories here. 2 seasons ago we had no one to stand up for our smaller guys and they got waxed regularly. With Parros, Prust, and Murray in and out of the lineup up we've been able to mitigate that stuff. Parros won't see one second of Playoff hockey. His job was in the regular season. Don't necessarily want Scott, but I do want a guy to fill that role.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
We were able to beat the Bruins without needing Parros. Why would we need John Scott?
There were ZERO fights in this series as well.

What would Scott bring to the game besides steal 3-5 minutes from someone who deserves to play?

Well, not to justify Scott in our lineup, but regular season is different than playoffs. For sure bruins are going to run our guys next year.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
We'd be talking very limited action for someone like that. We have short memories here. 2 seasons ago we had no one to stand up for our smaller guys and they got waxed regularly. With Parros, Prust, and Murray in and out of the lineup up we've been able to mitigate that stuff. Parros won't see one second of Playoff hockey. His job was in the regular season. Don't necessarily want Scott, but I do want a guy to fill that role.

you want a guy who Lucic is afraid of..(watch the video)......Scott is that guy....

I can tell you with Prust in the line up and Murray,he threatened 3 Habs for next season....See him vs Scott? If he knew he would be facing John Scott next year,i bet those threats don't get made.....

DudMcManus

Jan 20, 2010
The Habs have won six of past seven regular season games vs the Bruins (on about the only occasion the Bruins concentrated on hockey they won comfortably 4-1) and the Habs just beat the Bruins in the division final. Lets change things up because Milan Goose-ic threatened a couple of our players in the handshake line?

Ridiculous...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The Habs have won six of past seven regular season games vs the Bruins (on about the only occasion the Bruins concentrated on hockey then won comfortably 4-1) and the Habs just beat the Bruins in the division final. Lets change things up because Milan Goose-ic threatened a couple of our players in the handshake line?

Ridiculous...

no no,we know Bruins never nearly kill 67 on Habs......I think you best wake up....take thing little more seriously.Thanks goodness Gauthier is gone.

Bergy and Therrien are not dumb .....or deaf.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Stay away from this useless plug. Also, take a look at this :

do you wanna see a couple of vids of Lucic getting his nose busted?
McGratten getting Ko'd? Orr getting ko'd?Boogyman etc... It happens to the best.

I tell you ,he(Lucic) don't like the thought of Scott..

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I like having a real 4th line. Scott would be a waste of roster space. Habs don't need to be afraid of thugs like Lucic. And even if they had Scott, Lucic would just leave him alone, like with Laraque. It's just sad to me that so soon after the team has just proven the pointlessness of that kind of game, some fans still want to go there.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Is this thread for real ? Did we just beat the Bruins and play on the Conference finals ? Somehow, there are posters with yet again a complex inferiority who wants to bring useless goons ?

This season isn't over, Scott is playing golf and the habs are in the Final four... can we delete this crap please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad