Proposal: UFA Leo Komarov

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Still a 4th liner looking for 2+ mil and he does little else. When we lose a game it's not because our 4th line didn't "bang".

hang on.....

how is it playing on one of the best KHL teams, he got these stats
2013-14 Moscow Dynamo KHL 48 games 12 19 31 pts

How can ya label the guy after just 42 games in NHL?
You wouldn't do it with Michael Bournival or Gally eh?
Fact is you don't know the upside of Komarov after just 42 NHL games!.
Pretty impressive 176 hits and 9 points /3 game winners,in first 42 Nhl games.. IMHO.

He obviously got some "hands" on top of banging .

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
hang on.....

Pretty impressive 176 hits and 9 points IMHO.

Lots of guys couldn't score in the NHL and put up big numbers in the KHL.

Did you watch Team Finland's games at the Olympics? Komarov looks like a 15-20 point NHLer, not a guy with a ton of hidden upside. He's a 5'10" guy trying to play the Moen/Prust game.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Did you watch Team Finland's games at the Olympics? Komarov looks like a 15-20 point NHLer, not a guy with a ton of hidden upside. He's a 5'10" guy trying to play the Moen/Prust game.

:laugh: ya sure thing...

Sidney Crosby looks like a 20 pt guy in the Olympics, so does Ovy 8 ..So does MALKIN.So does St Louis and Perry etc etc etc...I've been watching a lot of Olympic hockey.

I don't get your logic.

He plays an EFFECTIVE GAME......after just 42 games you can't judge his upside PERIOD.....

Moen is no agitator ....

Moscow Dynamo, better team than AHL.
Moscow Dynamo or Hamilton Bulldogs?

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I read that Komarov would like to play with the Leafs, again.

Did ya miss this?Sound to me Leafs going different direction.
Loiselle = Leafs asst GM

Loiselle said the acquisition of Hartikainen’s rights could have implications for next season with an eye to Leo Komarov returning to the fold. Toronto was interested in re-acquiring Komarov as a UFA for next season, after refusing to match the big contract Moscow Dynamo gave him last summer, but Hartikainen is also a third liner who wants to come back to the NHL after 52 games with Edmonton.

“We couldn’t afford Komarov for the role he played on our team,” Loiselle said. “But it’s a pretty good trade-off (with Hartikainen).”

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Sorry but I would stay away from Russians. They never give 100%. Look at Alex Ovechkin and his Russian team Washington with Semin years ago. What if Malkin didn't have Crosby on the team, what if Fedorov didn't have Yzerman, Datsyuk didn't have Zetterberg? Will these guys win anything? You want to win a cup? You need a Canadians to do it.

Your avatar sums up your post perfectly. I don't even know where to start.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
:laugh: ya sure thing...

Sidney Crosby looks like a 20 pt guy in the Olympics, so does Ovy 8 ..So does MALKIN.So does St Louis and Perry etc etc etc...I've been watching a lot of Olympic hockey.

I don't get your logic.

He plays an EFFECTIVE GAME......after just 42 games you can't judge his upside PERIOD.....

Moen is no agitator ....

Moscow Dynamo, better team than AHL.
Moscow Dynamo or Hamilton Bulldogs?

So you are willing to risk a relatively high amount of cap space for a guy with unknown upside PERIOD? He could be somewhere between one hit wonder and elite 3rd liner. Not willing to risk >1.5 millions/> 2 years for him

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
So you are willing to risk a relatively high amount of cap space for a guy with unknown upside PERIOD? He could be somewhere between one hit wonder and elite 3rd liner. Not willing to risk >1.5 millions/> 2 years for him

yeah, as i said many times with Subban when he was asking for 5 x 6 =30 million, sign him now or pay Drew Doughty money in 1.5 years....guess what? Now it is 8 years x 9 million =72 million for a player your still BENCHING...lol

Komarov will always earn his check, watch him play.....no nights off.So in a 4 year deal ,at minimum he earns every penny,and maybe you get way more for your money too....

1.5 -2 million area is chump change with a 71 million cap in 2014-15...likley over 80-85 in next 3 years.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
yeah, as i said many times with Subban ,when he was asking for 5 x 6 =30 million, sign him now or pay Drew Doughty money in 1.5 years....guess what? Now it is 8 year x 9 million =72 million.

Komarov will always earn his check, watch him play.....no nights off.So in a 4 year deal ,at minimum he earns every penny,and maybe you get way more for your money too....

1.5 -2 million area is chump change with a 71 million cap in 2014-15...likley over 80-85 in next 3 years.

You realize that you're contradicting yourself? On one hand, you say we can't say he isn't worth 2 millions because you can't know his upside, then turn around and say that Komarov will be worth every penny for 4 years because you know his upside.

Komarov for 4 years >2 millions is a risk that I'm not willing to take. We'll see if I'm wrong

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
You realize that you're contradicting yourself? On one hand, you say we can't say he isn't worth 2 millions because you can't know his upside, then turn around and say that Komarov will be worth every penny for 4 years because you know his upside.

Komarov for 4 years >2 millions is a risk that I'm not willing to take. We'll see if I'm wrong

No contradicting myself, as i said Subban was a deal at 5 million per ,was NO RISK 1.5 years ago.....management waited 1.5 years and now LOST.Subban at 9 million a year is not a deal.....Subban at 5 million a year x 6 =steal.

Same with Komarov,i says sign him....over 4 years you'll see how 1.5-2 million is a great deal .....realize with a 70-80 million dollar cap 3rd and 4 liners salary go UP......Example a 4 liner making 1 million at 50 million salary cap,is worth 1.5 -2 at 85 million for sure....a rising cap floats all boats.

We paid Steve Begin 1.2 -1.3 million a year(6 years ago??) ,and we got our money worth out of him ...He was throwing 180 hits a year for us.

Komarov throws 300 -350 hits a year....20-35 pts,will earn every penny,an excellent deal.No Habs forward throws 300-350 hits a season...not close.

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
My dream is this ,

Cal Clutterbuck and Leo Komarov on the Montreal Canadiens.

Two guys who throw 325-350 hits a year,play same type of game.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
hang on.....

Pretty impressive 176 hits and 9 points /3 game winners,in first 42 Nhl games.. IMHO.

yeah, as i said many times with Subban when he was asking for 5 x 6 =30 million, sign him now or pay Drew Doughty money in 1.5 years....guess what? Now it is 8 years x 9 million =72 million for a player your still BENCHING...lol

Am I clear now? The part bolded are contradictory. I never mentionned Subban in my reply, but since you insist: comparing Subban situation and Komarov is foolish. Not the same category of player at all. Subban was already a star player, Komarov is but an unknown quantity.

No contradicting myself, as i said Subban was a deal at 5 million per ,was NO RISK 1.5 years ago.....management waited 1.5 years and now LOST.Subban at 9 million a year is not a deal.....Subban at 5 million a year x 6 =steal.

Same with Komarov,i says sign him....over 4 years you'll see how 1.5-2 million is a great deal .....realize with a 70-80 million dollar cap 3rd and 4 liners salary go UP......Example a 4 liner making 1 million at 50 million salary cap,is worth 1.5 -2 at 85 million for sure....a rising cap floats all boats.

We paid Steve Begin 1.2 -1.3 million a year(6 years ago??) ,and we got our money worth out of him ...He was throwing 180 hits a year for us.

Komarov throws 300 -350 hits a year....20-35 pts,will earn every penny,an excellent deal.No Habs forward throws 300-350 hits a season...not close.

Komarov had 176 hits, not 300-350, nothing says he can do that for 82 games. Projecting average on a single 42 games sample is useless.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Sorry but I would stay away from Russians. They never give 100%. Look at Alex Ovechkin and his Russian team Washington with Semin years ago. What if Malkin didn't have Crosby on the team, what if Fedorov didn't have Yzerman, Datsyuk didn't have Zetterberg? Will these guys win anything? You want to win a cup? You need a Canadians to do it.

Right because we can generalize an entire ethnic group like that. Who has more Conn Smythes, Crosby or Malkin? Is Zetterberg Canadian? This is absolutely the worst post I have ever read on this board, and that says a lot.

:help::help::shakehead:shakehead

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Right because we can generalize an entire ethnic group like that. Who has more Conn Smythes, Crosby or Malkin? Is Zetterberg Canadian? This is absolutely the worst post I have ever read on this board, and that says a lot.

:help::help::shakehead:shakehead

Komarov is actually Finnish-Russian. His father is actually a Karelian. I myself was quite surprised that he was playing for Team Finland and not Team Russia. Similarly, Aleksander Barkov surprised me in the same way, and I'm a person who is usually never surprised.

But it is funny to see the Russian hate among people here and elsewhere. I would not be surprised that if people knew Komarov was more Finnish than Russian, they wouldn't be so vicious in their attacks towards him. By virtue of nationality, one will make the link between him and other Finns such as Selanne, Koivu, etc...

Sedlak

Nov 6, 2013

Uummm what did i read, i thought he played on our side against Ovechkin :o maybe i was wrong......
Komarov would go before Prust anyday ok, Prust can fight but Komarov :yo:
Favourite player in FINLANDs national team.

Next yr Komarov - Lehtera - Gallagher (oh)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Don't we already have enough 4th liners?

Between Prust, Moen, White, Weise, Parros and guys like Big Mac, Crisp, Tokarsky etc in the lower leagues why would we be interested in this guy anyways??

We need scoring, not more 4th line fringe NHLers.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

The guy is the same size as Prust... Stop with your poorly researched information...

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Komarov have better offensive skills than White/Parros.If Briere and Bourque are both deal plus Gionta go .. Bournival could play at RW as 3rd liner. The Habs just need to give a chance to McCarron or Collberg in a top six line. I see Evander Kane in Habs jersey at draft day

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Come on Bergevin,make this happen....this is another Dale Weise .....A guy who needs a chance ,and this guy Komarov hits like crazy,something we could have used more of in 3rd round.

Get him in a Habs jersey please.

Komorov and Weise same line.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad