176 hits in 42 games.
Plays hard every game.

I REALLY hope Habs make him an offer,like to see him in Habs jersey

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He is a little *****, but we don't need him got white, prust, weasel

no forward on this team who throws over 300 hits a year...
Leo threw 176 in 42 NHL games.......So an awesome addition to our roster.Habs have to offer him $.....

2013-14 Moscow Dynamo KHL 48 Games 12 19 31 pts

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
The new Artyukhin for you?

Komarov is looking for a lot of money. He doesn't produce offense really. He'd be fun, but ultimately a poor signing.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I've found him pretty effective against the Habs when he was in Toronto.

Low risk move for Habs....cause he is only going to get better,,.,just 42 games NHL exp...the guy is a human cannon ball.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He went back to KHL for money and he's UFA now, what a coincidence. Wants highest bidder.

No ,he wanted lots of playing time to make the Olympic team, which he did for Finland 2014.Playing 4th line for Leafs wasn't goona get him a spot.
He lit it up for 2013-14 Moscow Dynamo ,48 games 12 19 31 pts.

He is coming back,one reason he says is money isn't everything....Also
apparently his girl friend prefers North Amercia and Leo doesn't care much for 12 hour plane rides to hockey games in KHL.

Anyways.....Habs gotta be in on him for sure....Low risk potential high reward

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Well next year we have

Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec- Bourque
Brière- Eller - Prust
Bournival - White - Weise
Moen

Unless he wants to be 13th forward, I don't see him being better than any of our starter. Trading Brière and Bourque for a good top 6 RW then signing Komarov as a 3-4 LW would be an option, but my little finger tells me it's not happening :laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
No ,he wanted lots of playing time to make the Olympic team, which he did for Finland 2014.Playing 4th line for Leafs wasn't goona get him a spot.
He lit it up for 2013-14 Moscow Dynamo ,48 games 12 19 31 pts.

He is coming back,one reason he says is money isn't everything....Also
apparently his girl friend prefers North Amercia and Leo doesn't care much for 12 hour plane rides to hockey games in KHL.

Anyways.....Habs gotta be in on him for sure....Low risk potential high reward

The 27-year-old had his first (and long-desired) taste of the league in 2013 – calling it “probably the best time of my life†– before returning to Dynamo of the KHL last summer for reasons both financial and otherwise.

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=443384

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Do you even feel like this is a legitimate argument?

there both Olympians...

One is a forward....who is UFA.....

ONE is a dman ,who wont be ufa for another 4-5 years...

There's a big difference,one cost assets...One cost money.

Komarov was captain of Team Finland at the 2007 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships in Sweden. Komarov won a gold medal with Finland at the 2011 IIHF World Championships in Slovakia.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
there both Olympians...

Where does he fits in, who does he replaces? We're pretty much losing only Gionta and Parros this summer up front and already have plenty of signed NHLer (White and Weise will be re-signed, I'm pretty sure)

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

“I need to play a lot to make this team for Olympics and I knew I'm going to get a lot of ice-time in Dynamo,” said Komarov following practice with a trimmed down Finnish Olympic squad, NHL players yet to arrive on this day. “You go in the NHL and play on the fourth line – five, six minutes – it's hard. I wanted to make 100 per cent sure that I'm going to make the team.

but he appears more focused on simply getting back into the NHL however possible. Yet to receive any offers he remains hopeful about his prospects with a fallback plan of good money and opportunity in the KHL.

“They've got good money in KHL, but it's not all about the money either,” he said. “NHL is the best league you can play in.”

///.////

He got good enough hands to put up 31 pts in 48 on a high power Moscow Dynamo team........I say we give him a shot not on the 4th line.He says TODAY money isn't everything.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
there both Olympians...

Right. So they play different positions. And for different countries. And you're comparing them. It's as logical as saying we ought to re-acquire Diaz because he's an Olympian, and we'd be better off with Diaz than with Claude Giroux on that basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad