Proposal: UFA Leo Komarov

Analyzer*

Komarov hits, he hits hard and he hits often. That's how he agitates and that's all he really does.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I'd take him, he's a thorn in the side of his opponents. Play with energy and hits hard. Great bottom 6.

JimmyPower

Apr 25, 2007
Sorry guys. Leafs want him back according to dreger. Ultimately they still own his rights. As a leaf fan coming in peace, every friend/person I know loves the guy and reason why he left was only because he knew he would get playing time in dynamo which would help his bid for the Olympics, it worked, he's an Olympian now and has expressed interest in coming back to Toronto next year. Even went as far as saying his girlfriend wants to move back and he hopes Toronto wants him. He was huge for our Pk, his loss is a big reason why it sucks this year.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Does Toronto actually own his rights? He's 27 and according to capgeek he's unsigned/inactive. I thought he was a UFA that any team can acquire...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Sorry guys. Leafs want him back according to dreger. Ultimately they still own his rights. As a leaf fan coming in peace, every friend/person I know loves the guy and reason why he left was only because he knew he would get playing time in dynamo which would help his bid for the Olympics, it worked, he's an Olympian now and has expressed interest in coming back to Toronto next year. Even went as far as saying his girlfriend wants to move back and he hopes Toronto wants him. He was huge for our Pk, his loss is a big reason why it sucks this year.

He wants to come back to NHL and Leafs,if the money is right.
I would be shocked if he doesn't listen to other teams come July....why not?
I mean Leafs offer him 1.5 some other team 2.5 ...is he signing in Toronto regardless?I don't think so .
Also Montreal and Ottawa fairly close to Toronto...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/09/leo-komarov-wants-to-return-to-nhl-next-season/
Komarov will be an unrestricted free agent this summer, so while he is interested in returning to Toronto after they drafted him in 2006, he’s also open to signing with other NHL clubs.

Last edited:

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
He impressed me a lot since the start of the Olympics. Would be a nice catch for any team. Dedicated, character, team player. Fast enough to chip in on the first 2 lines occasionnaly, but a great fit for a third-checking line. Reminds me a bit of a lesser Mike Peca.

I'd like him on the Habs, but if I was him, I would look at Edmonton. Would be a perfect match given what they need and where they're heading.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think Lehtera could be another option. He's shown some good things this tournament.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He has said over and over that he misses Toronto and would want to come back.

Again,if he gets offered MORE MONEY from a team ,forget Toronto.
Secondly, does Toronto want him back???

Loiselle said the acquisition of Hartikainen’s rights could have implications for next season with an eye to Leo Komarov returning to the fold. Toronto was interested in re-acquiring Komarov as a UFA for next season, after refusing to match the big contract Moscow Dynamo gave him last summer, but Hartikainen is also a third liner who wants to come back to the NHL after 52 games with Edmonton.

“We couldn’t afford Komarov for the role he played on our team,” Loiselle said. “But it’s a pretty good trade-off (with Hartikainen).”

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He's a 4th line agitator/banger, not a huge need. I wouldn't pay him what he wants to come back to the NHL.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Sorry but I would stay away from Russians. They never give 100%. Look at Alex Ovechkin and his Russian team Washington with Semin years ago. What if Malkin didn't have Crosby on the team, what if Fedorov didn't have Yzerman, Datsyuk didn't have Zetterberg? Will these guys win anything? You want to win a cup? You need a Canadians to do it.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
If you add Komarov, you must get rid of one of:

White
Moen
Weise
Prust

So for those who want Komarov, who would he be replacing?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He's a 4th line agitator/banger, not a huge need. I wouldn't pay him what he wants to come back to the NHL.

????

Yeah he bangs.......
Go up and down the roster on the Habs and see what 3rd and 4 liner has his hit stats.

Leo Komarov 42 games 176 hits

Ryan White 36 GAMES 62 HITS.
Dale Weise 47 GAMES 72 HITS
PRUST 48 games 85 hits
Moen 51 games 77 hits

In 42 games for a BANGER he only took 18 penalty mins!
SMART banger....no Habs 4th liner has 176 hits and just 18 pims...

He scored 3 game winning goals in 42 games.
He had 9 pts in 42 games...

Not bad.....for a "banger"

I take a guy who throws 300 hits a year,scores 20-25 pts and comes to play hard every night.....

Sign me up .

Last edited:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
If we could get rid of Bourque and Briere, I'd offer him $8M/4yrs. If we have both those guys back, though, it gets a little crowded trying to add new guys.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
????

Yeah he bangs.......
Go up and down the roster on the Habs and see what 3rd and 4 liner has that stat.

Leo Komarov 42 games 176 hits

Ryan White 36 GAMES 62 HITS.
Dale Weise 47 GAMES 72 HITS
PRUST 48 games 85 hits
Moen 51 games 77 hits

In 42 games for a BANGER he only took 18 penalty mins!
SMART banger....no Habs 4th liner has 176 hits and just 18 pims...

He scored 3 game winning goals in 42 games.
He had 9 pts in 42 games...

Not bad.....for a "banger"

I take a guy who throws 300 hits a year,scores 20-25 pts and comes to play hard every night.....

Sign me up .

Still a 4th liner looking for 2+ mil and he does little else. When we lose a game it's not because our 4th line didn't "bang".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad