UFA Frenzy/Offseason Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
The contract given to Elvis is extremely questionable, and to say “to try and salvage an NHL career” to describe Korpisalo is ridiculous, IMO.

I like Korpi and I think he's a lot better goalie than last season would make one think, but he posted .877 sv% and GAA of 4.15 (Elvis was .907 & 3.22), while ending the season with hip surgery. If signing a deal cutting your salary in half after a season and injury like that isn't trying to salvage an NHL career, I'm not sure what is :) GMs aren't going to form a line behind your door after a season like that, knowing he also had big surgery and has a career sv% of .902

I like they signed him, for one thing they're doing him a solid but also if he comes back healthy and can find his game again, they could get a really good goalie for pennies. I really wish Korpi all the best, it's not impossible - Rinne had couple difficult seasons, got hip surgery and bounced back to play some of the best hockey of his career, including a Vezina win.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If you folks had to pick four photos from the CBJ past to put on those windows? Pics with our current roster that really embody who were are or our best franchise moments.

1. Gaudreau putting on his CBJ jersey
2. Laine OT score from early last season
3. Werenski: This is Playoff Hockey (Balls as Big as the Building)
4. Boone Jenner celly after scoring first goal in Game 3 vs Boston:

Last edited:

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Kind of random but really looking forward to having Erik Gudbranson with this team for years to come. You watch his interviews and just want to put a "Welcome Home" sign up -- really think he'll fit in well here.

Watch Goody come in at 1:00 lmao

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Good people!

It’s no longer off-season nowvthat camp is officially underway. Any roster discussion, even if it’s not specifically camp-related, should be in there. Once games start, I figure there will be ample threads about players and roster decisions, including the likelihood that someone starts a catch-all roster thread. Meantime, shutting this down and moving everything to the camp thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad