GWT: UCL Matchweek I

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
United will still finish top of the group but that might prevent them to rotate some of their players at the later stage.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I've got to say the CBS coverage is pretty awful. The commentators sound like they're reporting on a game played on a different planet and they're in a space capsule surveilling it. Zero atmosphere.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
19-2 shots to BSC Young Boys. Cowardly football from United. Disgustingly defensive, subbed on 3 defenders and a defensive midfielder while getting 2 Yellow Cards for time wasting. Honouring the Ferguson legacy but this time shithouse football lost.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
19-2 shots to BSC Young Boys. Cowardly football from United. Disgustingly defensive, subbed on 3 defenders and a defensive midfielder while getting 2 Yellow Cards for time wasting. Honouring the Ferguson legacy but this time shithouse football lost.

United got 1 yellow for time wasting. And made one defensive substitution in a shift of formation.

They replaced a player with a red with a same position replacement.. Replaced a player in a double pivot with a like for like replacement. And put on two attackers.

But hey, why let little things like facts get in the way of your rant :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Finished club.

Reactions: AB13

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
United will still finish top of the group but that might prevent them to rotate some of their players at the later stage.
Are we sure they are better than Atalanta and Villarreal?

This isn’t even an insult to United btw

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Barcelona gonna feel the full fledged power of the Bundesliga if they don't shore up the stanky defense I'm seeing right now

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Busquets-De Jong-Pedri is scary good - not sure Barca could've hoped to replace Xavi and Iniesta with better players. They have them, so technical quality is clearly not the issue. They might need a box to box type like Wijnaldum as an option but the midfield looks good for the future. The issue is the frontline - there's no outlets. Dembele and Fati are pillars for future success.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Muller always a gamer.

Barcelona can't expect to win if their defense doesn't stack up better.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Bayern is making uninterrupted passes near the box. Barcelona defense is nonexistent today.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah we need a proper partner for him though, I don't think Eric will cut it unless spectacular progress.

Pique for a few years and hope Garcia develops. Lenglet and Mingueza aren’t terrible depth. I think it’s one of Barcelona’s least problematic positions right now.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Might be the worst I’ve seen Mount play in two or so years

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Upamecano and Sule have errors in them, but Frenkie’s brother is way too slow to punish them. He’s as slow as Sule. You need someone who will play on the counter. Exact opposite type of player to Luuk de Jong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad