U.S. National Team Part VII

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Well now they can clean house.

Build the program around Pulisic and other young players.

Should be the last USA game for Bradley, Dempsey, Howard.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Just garbage all around.

Gulati needs to be gone. You want to fire Jurgen, fine. You replace him with Arena? That's such a horrendous move it makes Joe Girardi's non challenge look smart in comparison.

Bradley- Done
Howard- Done
Dempsey- Done

BRINGS IN BENNY FEILHABER AS YOUR LAST SUB. WHAT IS THAT.

Doesn't bring in Fabian Johnson? lol. Doesn't start Cameron? lol.

We are not a country that can win without it's best players on the field. Just garbage.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Just garbage all around.

Gulati needs to be gone. You want to fire Jurgen, fine. You replace him with Arena? That's such a horrendous move it makes Joe Girardi's non challenge look smart in comparison.

Bradley- Done
Howard- Done
Dempsey- Done

We are not a country that can win without it's best players on the field. Just garbage.
We have 1 legitimate good player.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Just garbage all around.

Bradley- Done
Howard- Done
Dempsey- Done

Johnson and Cameron were being punished for not playing in the MLS

Reactions: nyrleetch

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sucks that Green and Zelalem busted hard. They should've been good enough if you asked this last world cup.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Can't imagine a fate more deserved than this for everybody involved in this program. They even had to recycle the manager.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Buffon is 39 and I've never heard anyone call him fat.

If you are fat, you shouldn't be playing for us.
Buffon is also one of the greatest keepers of all time...

And he's not fat, he's just slowed down and not as sharp. He's also not in as good of shape because of his age.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Buffon is also one of the greatest keepers of all time...

And? Howard is still fat. There's lots of older keepers who aren't, I just picked an obvious example. Any country should not have fat players playing for it, I don't care what they've done before. Considering one of the goals was from 40 yards I think this is a pertinent criticism.

Sep 19, 2008
Imagine your favorite team getting eliminated in the NHL playoffs in a hard fought game. And then this elimination magnifies that pain by one billion. Because this only happens every four years.

This is just grueling inconsolable pain. One could argue the World Cup watch parties were some of the best parts of watching the USMNT live. If you ever go to one of those things and see thousands of people packed into a park or a bar then you will understand the greatness, and the lack of that in 2018 is a huge dagger.

Reactions: kingsboy11

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And? Howard is still fat. There's lots of older keepers who aren't, I just picked an obvious example. Any country should not have fat players playing for it, I don't care what they've done before. Considering one of the goals was from 40 yards I think this is a pertinent criticism.
Just saying he's way past his prime and this should be expected from most goalies at his age. It's ridiculous to think he'd still be high quality.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Bruce went with his guys because he’s out of touch.

The clowns we have still on the roster are sad. They’re better off playing the u20 team than some of these dinosaurs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad