GDT: U-18 WJC Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
got stream working.... Russian defencemen useless 1-0 Sweden

When you say you got the stream working, do you mean the Czech stream? I am on the Czech stream, but it is a slide show with frozen screens, then jumping to live action for a few seconds before the screen freezes up again. Are you on a different stream, or is the stream working better for you than it is for me?

Fin9*

Too bad Kulmala is only 5`8, if he was 2-3 inch taller he would be a really good prospect

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Stream is lagging so much it's almost not worth watching. Czechs gaining momentum after couple penalies for Finland

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
For those in Canada, the USA Canada game is on TSN at 2 eastern. Finally I get to watch one of these games!!!

Fin9*

Yeah, it's such a shame. Why are all the Finns midgets anyway ? :(

Dont know maybe start weightlifting too early? Its so weird that Finland is one of the most tallest countrys in the world avarage almost 6 ft, then most of our prospects are like 5`7 - 5`9 hobbits :shakehead

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Dont know maybe start weightlifting too early? Its so weird that Finland is one of the most tallest countrys in the world avarage almost 6 ft, then most of our prospects are like 5`7 - 5`9 hobbits :shakehead

I think it's still the fact that small players are generally faster and more skilled at a younger age while the tall players generally have gone through a fast growth spurt and thus are slow, lanky and have bad motor skills. In these situations coaches should give the talented tall guys (even though slow and lanky) more icetime instead of making them play as grinders.

Luckily we are now producing big defensemen, but the forwards are still generally too small.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think it's still the fact that small players are generally faster and more skilled at a younger age while the tall players generally have gone through a fast growth spurt and thus are slow, lanky and have bad motor skills. In these situations coaches should give the talented tall guys (even though slow and lanky) more icetime instead of making them play as grinders.

Luckily we are now producing big defensemen, but the forwards are still generally too small.

I think the biggest problem has been that the coaches don't know how to develop the taller players who are going through growth spurts.

RKC

Aug 7, 2011
That was an absolute beauty of a pass from Teräväinen. Too bad linemates couldn't finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad