Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Germany scores first.
Beautiful goal by Kahun assisted by Draisaitl and Stephan.

The assist by Draisaitl was pretty slick. :yo:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
LAT vs. GER 1-1 after 1st.

I thought Latvia was the better team in the first period.
They put a lot of pressure on the German team and make it difficult for the Germans to create a lot of offense.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
I thought Latvia was the better team in the first period.

no surprise. what i have seen from them so far, it's a very entertaining and skilled team.

germany needs to surpise today, otherwise i don't see them avoiding relegation.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
no surprise. what i have seen from them so far, it's a very entertaining and skilled team.

germany needs to surpise today, otherwise i don't see them avoiding relegation.

But 1 point could be enough, as long as Switzerland only beats us, and gets no further points, right?

Anyway, the score is 2-2 now.

Germany is playing so sloppy in their own zone. They just don't seem to be focussed on this game.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
But 1 point could be enough, as long as Switzerland only beats us, and gets no further points, right?

no

the top3 advance. so if germany loses today, they will be behind latvia. imagine germany loses to switzerland, they always do and germany heads to relegation round with 0 points. facing one of cze/fin it seem and denmark.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
no

the top3 advance. so if germany loses today, they will be behind latvia. imagine germany loses to switzerland, they always do and germany heads to relegation round with 0 points. facing one of cze/fin it seem and denmark.

Thanks, for the information. I wasn't sure about the format.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Germany ties it 3-3.

Draisaitl with another assist. He is playing a pretty impressive tournament, considering that he is one of the youngest players.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Based on the game against the US and 2 periods against Canada, I think the US is much stronger and it's not really close. I think they take gold again this time.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Based on the game against the US and 2 periods against Canada, I think the US is much stronger and it's not really close. I think they take gold again this time.
USA is one of the favourites, but what about Sweden? I think they have more offensive talent than USA. During 5 Nations tournament in February both Sweden and Finland won this USNTDP team, so it's not like they are unbeatable. Most players from Team USA have played together for 2 seasons and it shows. Other teams might improve their teamwork and chemistry as the tournament advances. Plus the way the play-off rounds are played (one win to advance), pretty much anything can happen there.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
One of USA, Sweden and Finland will win this year. The czech defense has been absolutely horrible this game btw.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
How has Kahun looked so far?

I like his energy. For a little guy he works very hard along the boards and he is always able to create something offensively.
Though I thought he was better against Sweden and Russia than he is today. But then again most of the team was better in those two games.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Brilliant save by the Latvian goalie with 2 seconds left.
That should win it for his team.

Congrats Latvia.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
We still go along with the plan. Just beat Finland and everything's fine. :sarcasm:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Team Finland vs Denmark:

Jean Auren (Joonas Korpisalo)

1. line:
Artturi Lehkonen - Teuvo Teräväinen - Aleksi Mustonen
Niklas Tikkinen - Ville Pokka

2. line:
Henrik Haapala - Aleksander Barkov - Joose Antonen
Esa Lindell - Rasmus Ristolainen

3. line:
Samu Markkula - Rasmus Kulmala - Henri Ikonen
Mikko Vainonen - Mikko Lehtonen

4. line:
Janne Juutinen - Saku Salminen - Joonas Huovinen
Atte Mäkinen

Fin9*

When does the game start? and a stream would be appreciated, thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad