Confirmed with Link: Tyson Barrie re-signs for 4 years, 5.5M AAV

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
We really did get great value in both the MacKinnon and Barrie signings. For all the times Joe and Patty have dropped the ball here, they've positioned us nicely for the next few years in regards to our key players.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We really did get great value in both the MacKinnon and Barrie signings. For all the times Joe and Patty have dropped the ball here, they've positioned us nicely for the next few years in regards to our key players.

I been critical of both guys. 3 balls were dropped. Iginla signing, Stuart signing and Holden signing. Joe made up for the Holden one by getting something for him. The other 2 not so much. Barrie and Mackinnon deals are awesome especially Macks.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

Agreed. People on here a few months ago were saying they'd be happy giving Mack $7.5+ on a long term deal and Barrie $6-6.5 on a long term deal.

We have them both locked up for at least the next 4 years at $6.3 for Mack and $5.5 for Barrie. I think we can all agree we'd have preferred an extra year or two on Barrie's contract but I think that's pretty damn solid.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I have this odd feeling Holden is going to look good in NY. I dont know why.

I wouldn't believe so. Holden profited a lot from the run and gun system back in 2013, which is what earned him that last contract.

I don't think that he's good enough at playing position to succeed in a "real" system. We'll see.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I wouldn't believe so. Holden profited a lot from the run and gun system back in 2013, which is what earned him that last contract.

I don't think that he's good enough at playing position to succeed in a "real" system. We'll see.

Holden was #3 in QOC for us. If given #5/6 QOC, as he should be, I think he'll be fine. He won't wow anybody, but won't be a liability either.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I haven't seen a ton of Rangers games, but Vigneault usually seems to know how to utilize a given player properly. I'm told that's not the case anymore in NY but then again IMO that team is nowhere near as good as their past win records indicate and they're due for a pretty precipitous fall, if not this year then the next couple seasons for sure.

Keep in mind Hunwick looked a lot better once he was out of Colorado but it's not like he was a worldbeater or anything.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Weircioch could end up being the best of all our offseason signings...

Could, but I wouldn't expect that at all. He makes Holden look like a genius. I have a lot more hope in Tyutin giving us what Stuart did before the injury, and even in Gelinas, than I do Wiercioch.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Could, but I wouldn't expect that at all. He makes Holden look like a genius. I have a lot more hope in Tyutin giving us what Stuart did before the injury, and even in Gelinas, than I do Wiercioch.

To think there was a time when some of us, myself included, that wouldnt have minded getting Wiercioch in a package for ROR.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
To think there was a time when some of us, myself included, that wouldnt have minded getting Wiercioch in a package for ROR.

It' the HF effect, a handful of games down the stretch blinded sens fans into thinking he was decent and they ran with it on HF, which took a life of it's own. Happened with Suter/Kulikov and I think it's happening with Grigs.

I'm telling you start hyping a marginal player here and you get enough of your owns fans on board people will think they're good. Posters here don't watch enough games, to judge for themselves and don't want to appear ignorant on matters so, they'll take your word.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It' the HF effect, a handful of games down the stretch blinded sens fans into thinking he was decent and they ran with it on HF, which took a life of it's own. Happened with Suter/Kulikov and I think it's happening with Grigs.

I'm telling you start hyping a marginal player here and you get enough of your owns fans on board people will think they're good. Posters here don't watch enough games, to judge for themselves and don't want to appear ignorant on matters so, they'll take your word.

I think I know who the ignorant one is

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Suter, Greg and Kulikov are at least good though. Wier is just a f***tard.

Nobody makes Holden look like a genius. Nobody.

Patience young one, patience.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm just holding out hope that Wier can be a decent enough bottom pairing guy. Or then he'll be an extra. I think that's reasonable. No reason to get stuck into Sens fans' HF hype from back when he still had potential for more.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Apologize if this has already been discussed. If so, I missed it.

Any NMC language in the Barrie contract?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Apologize if this has already been discussed. If so, I missed it.

Any NMC language in the Barrie contract?

Don't think there is

Probably isn't one, but realistically I can see that being something the Avs wouldn't voluntarily put out there. They'd have to be specifically asked about it.

Both Cap Friendly, and General Fanager are still listing Frei as their source for Barrie's contract details, so we can't really go off that for confirmation.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Probably isn't one, but realistically I can see that being something the Avs wouldn't voluntarily put out there. They'd have to be specifically asked about it.

Both Cap Friendly, and General Fanager are still listing Frei as their source for Barrie's contract details, so we can't really go off that for confirmation.

CF took the black ! Off Barrie so I believe they've confirmed it, don't think that changes the original sourcing. It really doesn't matter because he could only have it in his final year and they better move him before July 1 that year if they are going to do it anyway.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
CF took the black ! Off Barrie so I believe they've confirmed it, don't think that changes the original sourcing. It really doesn't matter because he could only have it in his final year and they better move him before July 1 that year if they are going to do it anyway.

Maybe, but they also still list Frei as the Source, as opposed to Nate's contract and his NTC, where they list Cap Friendly as the source. Also specifically says "Clause Source: Cap Friendly. I assume with some league confirmation on the numbers like Cap Geek used to.

Good point regarding his group 3 eligibility though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Maybe, but they also still list Frei as the Source, as opposed to Nate's contract and his NTC, where they list Cap Friendly as the source. Also specifically says "Clause Source: Cap Friendly. I assume with some league confirmation on the numbers like Cap Geek used to.

Good point regarding his group 3 eligibility though.

Nate's was announced by the team so there was no reporter source. When a contract is announced by reporters first seems they get credit for the source, like Pickard and EJ, but they confirm each contract themselves which is what the ! signifies. At least that's my understanding.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Very important keeping Barrie but what about the Canucks rumour (Landeskog)?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
There has been a Tanev/Landeskog rumor bubbling all summer. Don't put much stock in it.

The latest I've seen is literally a suggestion from a Van beat writer. If that's all that's takes to qualify for a rumor now then I give up. People can't even bother to make up an actual rumor and float it now. and then it becomes a headline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad