Confirmed with Link: Tyson Barrie re-signs for 4 years, 5.5M AAV

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
And Matt Duchene has shown absolutely 0 reason to be named the Avalanche Captain. None. And that's the mouths of people who are in and around the Avs locker room and understand the role of a Captain more than fans on a message board do.

It's quite clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm sorry, I have to disagree. Duchene took a bridge deal to prove his worth, and prove his worth he did. He backed himself, and he backed his club.

Duchene has scored more goals in a season than anyone else since 2006 / 2007, and he most certainly doesn't have the talent around him like they did back then.

Duchene is excellent with the media, and the way he interacts with fans (from my experiences).

He has never made dirty plays (and Landeskog's cross check to the head of the opposition when we really needed him on the ice) was dirty - make no mistake.

Those things (while backed up by statistics) are opinions only. Not sure why that means I have no idea.

Or is it the fact that I said Landeskog has been regressing in his last 3 consecutive years? Lets look at his production (and other things).
Full Season 1 - 65 points (outstanding) plus 21
Full Season 2 - 59 points, minus 2
Full Season 3 - 53 points, minus 5

Look, I'm sure what that kid said, and the way it was relayed to me may have been two very different things on twitter, but it also still soured it for me.

In juniors (or the footage I've seen), I felt Landeskog was a competitor and fighter (not physical fighting). He just seems to have that losing mentality in him now where it's just part of his make-up.

Lastly, it always amazes me that on these boards, if there is a differing of opinion, apparently one or the other person is clueless, or "has no idea". Can't we just be open to other people's opinions, rather than belittling them or theirs?

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
Does anyone else think that Barrie looks just like a younger version of Dr Cox from Scrubs?:amazed:

He always looked like Peter Brady of the Brady Bunch to me.
Peter-Brady-the-brady-bunch-8032022-448-386.jpg

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'm sorry, I have to disagree. Duchene took a bridge deal to prove his worth, and prove his worth he did. He backed himself, and he backed his club.

Duchene has scored more goals in a season than anyone else since 2006 / 2007, and he most certainly doesn't have the talent around him like they did back then.

Duchene is excellent with the media, and the way he interacts with fans (from my experiences).

He has never made dirty plays (and Landeskog's cross check to the head of the opposition when we really needed him on the ice) was dirty - make no mistake.

Those things (while backed up by statistics) are opinions only. Not sure why that means I have no idea.

Or is it the fact that I said Landeskog has been regressing in his last 3 consecutive years? Lets look at his production (and other things).
Full Season 1 - 65 points (outstanding) plus 21
Full Season 2 - 59 points, minus 2
Full Season 3 - 53 points, minus 5

Look, I'm sure what that kid said, and the way it was relayed to me may have been two very different things on twitter, but it also still soured it for me.

In juniors (or the footage I've seen), I felt Landeskog was a competitor and fighter (not physical fighting). He just seems to have that losing mentality in him now where it's just part of his make-up.

Lastly, it always amazes me that on these boards, if there is a differing of opinion, apparently one or the other person is clueless, or "has no idea". Can't we just be open to other people's opinions, rather than belittling them or theirs?

You have "no idea" because those things really have nothing to do with being captain material. And I'm not trying to belittle your opinion. Honestly, I think it's pretty pathetic the way some people treat you (you obviously have some bullies who like being dicks, RL isn't one though).

Duchene is too emotional on the ice to be a captain. One of the big resposibilitiies of captain is interacting with refs. And with the way he acts towards them is not civil. Then you got the way he acted after scoring his 30th goal. No captain would have done that. And He easily gets in a funk when he isn't producing.

And that's not to mention the locker room and off ice stuff. Which I too have heard from a source close to the players that Duchene isn't exactly captain material (though maybe that changed this past year) based on things she told me.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I think him and Duchene could pass as brothers. Maybe not from certain pictures, but looking at them on the bench (at least in earlier years) you would be forgiven for mistaking one for the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad