Recalled/Assigned: Tyler Toffoli Recalled

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I kinda think Richards has a sore shoulder and with so many games in a short period of time, I think its more of a precautionary move to maybe rest Richards and give Toffoli a look see, if Richards were to be out for a long period of time I think we would see Kozun up instead of Toffoli

That sounds like a sound move. The Kings may just want Richards to rest.

17 games this month is brutal.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Although it would appear to be Richards (and he was favoring his shoulder ) the fact he was able to return to play is a good sign. Anybody that's ever fallen knows the next day the knee, ankle wrist shoulder, etc. can be very sore. With so many games coming up, err on the side of caution

Buit it might be Williams, who took a nasty shot off his foot in the first period. Could be when he took his skate off, it swelled up.

It will be good to see Toffoli in action but it doesn't say alot abouit Richardson, unless he's playing and Toffoli is the extra man

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Although it would appear to be Richards (and he was favoring his shoulder ) the fact he was able to return to play is a good sign. Anybody that's ever fallen knows the next day the knee, ankle wrist shoulder, etc. can be very sore. With so many games coming up, err on the side of caution

Buit it might be Williams, who took a nasty shot off his foot in the first period. Could be when he took his skate off, it swelled up.

It will be good to see Toffoli in action but it doesn't say alot abouit Richardson, unless he's playing and Toffoli is the extra man

I never even thought of that. Hopefully it's Williams and that it's only a bruise so he won't miss any time. I thought Richards looked woozie after the hit, not wincing in pain but kind of like he was trying to get his bearings. I think that coming back in the third like he did really didn't mean he was fine because a lot of times, concussion symptoms pop up afterward. If he is hurt I really hope it's his shoulder and not his head.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Now, assuming Toffoli is in the lineup tomorrow and Richards is out (which is still up in the air), does Sutter put him with Carter? That's two finishers on one line and no playmakers. Maybe have it as such:

Brown - Kopitar - Toffoli

Penner - Carter - Williams

This is exactly what I'm thinking, I'm not sure Carter and Toffoli on the same line would work. With that said, I'm very excited to see Toffoli with the big club

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Agreed. And there would have been absolutely no point in a Nolan/McGrattan fight. In fact I thought Nolan turning him down made McGrattan look like the chump.

At that point in a blowout the only thing that made sense is paying back Jackman. He's a big boy. That hit was dirty. He clearly leaned into Richards right before the impact.

And he still got thrown out of the game before the puck was dropped.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
Agreed. And there would have been absolutely no point in a Nolan/McGrattan fight. In fact I thought Nolan turning him down made McGrattan look like the chump.

At that point in a blowout the only thing that made sense is paying back Jackman. He's a big boy. That hit was dirty. He clearly leaned into Richards right before the impact.

I agree:nod:

I was laughing after I found out he wanted to start something.
Kinda like, "Wanna fight? Wanna fight? huh" *shove*
Nah, i'm good let's just play.
*poke* *poke*
"Stop that, i don't want to fight"
*po-* :pb:
:razz:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
This has to be due to injury. With Willams, Carter, and Lewis all playing well it wouldn't make much sense. Hope it's not long term.

At Monarchs game right now. Their looking okay. Got off to 3-0 start but have let the Pens back in it. 3-2 Monarchs after 2.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
It could be Richards shoulder was sore today and they'll wait to see how he feels at practic tomorrow I hope to hell it's not anotgher head injury

Or could it be that DL knows /feels that Mitchell isn't coming back this year and it trading one of the forwards for top 4 D man?

Per Patrick ONeal,Toffoli will wear #73

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
It could be Richards shoulder was sore today and they'll wait to see how he feels at practic tomorrow I hope to hell it's not anotgher head injury

Or could it be that DL knows /feels that Mitchell isn't coming back this year and it trading one of the forwards for top 4 D man?

Per Patrick ONeal,Toffoli will wear #73

The idea of a trade has crossed my mind multiple times.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Who would we make a trade for? Toffoli isn't going to be playing bottom-six minutes either, especially since our bottom-six is playing really well. That leaves one of Brown, Kopitar, Richards, Williams, Penner, or Carter to be sitting out. It will be either Richards or Williams. I can't imagine this being a long-term call up either.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
I really don't understand the point with bring TT up if he isn't going to be playing top minutes. Unless a trade of some sorts..

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I really don't understand the point with bring TT up if he isn't going to be playing top minutes. Unless a trade of some sorts..

Maybe he will replace a member of the top 6 on a given night for rest purposes the next couple of weeks? He can replace just about anybody because they have 3 guys who can play top 6 center in Richards, Carter and Kopi.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Dean has got to be looking for a d-man. Not necessarily shopping, but certainly looking.

We should hear more tomorrow morning after their skate.

Last edited:

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Maybe he will replace a member of the top 6 on a given night for rest purposes the next couple of weeks? He can replace just about anybody because they have 3 guys who can play top 6 center in Richards, Carter and Kopi.

Maybe. I just think it's weird timing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad