Recalled/Assigned: Tyler Toffoli Recalled

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
What's worse is that if Richards is indeed hurt, they let him play the third period with what is presumably a concussion last night. Not good by the training staff.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Here we go. Test #1 for Toffoli.

What's worse is that if Richards is indeed hurt, they let him play the third period with what is presumably a concussion last night. Not good by the training staff.

My guess is shoulder injury. He came off favoring it it seemed.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I replayed that hit on Richards a few times last night. Watch how still he holds his right arm as he goes off. I think he might be dealing with a shoulder injury. If he was concussed he probably would not have made it back onto the bench from the quiet room.

Good chance for Toffoli to get a look. I assume Carter will slide over to center and we'll see where Sutter plays Toffoli.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
If it is a Richards injury, hope he is not out too long.

Tyer is an exciting talent, but not sure if he is the right recall though since having snipers Carter and Toffoli together does not seem like great combination. IDK, but hopefully Tyer gets a try and looks good. Go Tyer!

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010

Tyer is an exciting talent, but not sure if he is the right recall though since having snipers Carter and Toffoli together does not seem like great combination. IDK, but hopefully Tyer gets a try and looks good. Go Tyer!

They can mix it up, slide jw down to the Carter line and try toffoli with kopitar. Keeps a playmaker with carter.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

It would be a lot to ask of Vey to center the 2nd line and assume all of the responsibilities a 2nd line center has in his own end.

I'm assuming that Sutter doesn't want to mess with the 3rd and 4th lines right now as they have been very effective lately.

KingKopitar11*

They can mix it up, slide jw down to the Carter line and try toffoli with kopitar. Keeps a playmaker with carter.

Probably the best thing to do. They can't put Carter and toffoli together. Having toffoli on the first will balance the top 6

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Could be, not sure if I want them messing with any of the other 3 lines though, they have been effective.

It would be a lot to ask of Vey to center the 2nd line and assume all of the responsibilities a 2nd line center has in his own end.

I'm assuming that Sutter doesn't want to mess with the 3rd and 4th lines right now as they have been very effective lately.

Vey can play all 3 positions though, he could play RW. Not to mention Kozun as well could have come up.

It's not like I am upset or anything, I just don't see Carter and Toffoli as a good combination. But who knows, they may not plan on even playing them together. Excited to see Toffoli play regardless.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Could be, not sure if I want them messing with any of the other 3 lines though, they have been effective.

Vey can play all 3 positions though, he could play RW. Not to mention Kozun as well could have come up.

It's not like I am upset or anything, I just don't see Carter and Toffoli as a good combination. But who knows, they may not plan on even playing them together. Excited to see Toffoli play regardless.

Someone else made a good point in that they could move Williams over to play RW with Carter at center and put Toffoli with Kopitar.

No pressure kid. How amazing would it be if he came in and just lit it up though? Kopitar looks like he is about to get hot and breaking in with Kopitar as your center is not too shabby.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Not that I don't want to see Toffoli play up here, but this has to be a bit of a slap in the face to Kozun. He's put in more time down in the A and has done everything asked of him and performed at the same time.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Not that I don't want to see Toffoli play up here, but this has to be a bit of a slap in the face to Kozun. He's put in more time down in the A and has done everything asked of him and performed at the same time.

I would have rather had Kozun up as well, nothing against Toffoli.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP

"@cfbuckster: @DennisTFP Could this be related to Richards injury?" Or possibly Richardson. Clearly unhappy as healthy scratch.

Wishful thinking but hopefully it's the case.

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
Really hope Richards is okay. Hopefully all this bad luck means that we will get a streak of good luck in a couple months.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Well, Sutter did hint at the fact that he might play Richardson next game just for a fresh body. We will just have to wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad