Player Discussion Tyler Pitlick

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Hendricks-Letestu-Pitlick
13f-Lander

Kassian, Slepy, or Puljujarvi for the last roster spot in the top 9 in that scenario? Nice problems to have I guess.

Edit: Caggiula still kicking around as well. Lots of depth in case the injury bug hits.

Giggleplex

May 18, 2015
I think Hendo is still tough to replace since he can fight as well. If anything I think Pitts will be battling with Pak for final RW spot.

Ideally I would like to see his offensive game continue to develop to make Eberle dispendable. He has bettter speed, size and work ethic than ebs already. Only thing EBs has on him now is better playmaking and finishing ability.

You're really underrating Eberle.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
This guy plays the game incredibly hard, I see him going airborne so much. With this brand of hockey and his past injuries I REALLY hope he can stay healthy. I've been a fan of Pitlick for a long time and I think with the injuries behind him he's finally able to cement his place in the NHL.

He reminds me of Ethan Moreau. Energy player that can throw a ton of punishing hits if he feels like it, skate hard, and the skill to put up some points.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Today I learned: if you search youtube for a "Pitlick" highlight video, don't forget "Tyler".

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This guy plays the game incredibly hard, I see him going airborne so much. With this brand of hockey and his past injuries I REALLY hope he can stay healthy. I've been a fan of Pitlick for a long time and I think with the injuries behind him he's finally able to cement his place in the NHL.

He reminds me of Ethan Moreau. Energy player that can throw a ton of punishing hits if he feels like it, skate hard, and the skill to put up some points.

I have a feeling he's just going to giver like this until he gets hurt. He doesn't want to go back to the AHL. Almost seems as if it's NHL or IR for him. Hopefully he can stay relatively healthy. Even if he only plays 65-75 games and takes the rest off for IR or maintenance days, we should be okay.

I'm also hoping that since he finally had a solid summer to workout that his body is stronger and less prone to being banged up.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I have a feeling he's just going to giver like this until he gets hurt. He doesn't want to go back to the AHL. Almost seems as if it's NHL or IR for him. Hopefully he can stay relatively healthy. Even if he only plays 65-75 games and takes the rest off for IR or maintenance days, we should be okay.

I'm also hoping that since he finally had a solid summer to workout that his body is stronger and less prone to being banged up.

I do think that's the way he plays... full out or he isn't going to be effective in his role. If he gets injured (hopefully not) that's unfortunate but some players need to play a certain way to stay in the NHL and unfortunately maybe that's the way it will be for Pitlick to make an impact in the NHL.

At his best I think he's easily a solid bottom 6 winger because he brings just about everything you'd want in that type of player. If he gets hurt then in comes Pakarinen/Slepyshev/Khaira etc. The team has some depth to make up for injuries (finally).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I do think that's the way he plays... full out or he isn't going to be effective in his role. If he gets injured (hopefully not) that's unfortunate but some players need to play a certain way to stay in the NHL and unfortunately maybe that's the way it will be for Pitlick to make an impact in the NHL.

At his best I think he's easily a solid bottom 6 winger because he brings just about everything you'd want in that type of player. If he gets hurt then in comes Pakarinen/Slepyshev/Khaira etc. The team has some depth to make up for injuries (finally).

The only way I think he can be effective and not play that way, is if all of a sudden he hits his max offensive potential and then doesn't have to be as aggressive to be an effective NHLer. Even then his aggression is probably what will open up his offensive touch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad