Tyler Myers

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Stafford and Myers are leading the team in SAC% since the trade.

As for Yost, remember when he wrote an article earlier in the season saying our PK was great and sustainable? Yeah....about 70% since then. Nothing personal against Yost, except that he completely ruined our PK!!!!:cry:

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011

As for Yost, remember when he wrote an article earlier in the season saying our PK was great and sustainable? Yeah....about 70% since then. Nothing personal against Yost, except that he completely ruined our PK!!!!:cry:
What's SAC%?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What's SAC%?

Lots of giggling but nobody bothers to answer your question.

I believe it is Score Adjusted Corsi% .... a weighted value that compensates for big leads by one team or the other. For instance in last nights game the Jets should have owned the last 2 periods because Wash was playing with a big lead. They didn't so their SAC numbers would have been even worse than the actual numbers. Or something like that. I'm no expert.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

I believe it is Score Adjusted Corsi% .... a weighted value that compensates for big leads by one team or the other. For instance in last nights game the Jets should have owned the last 2 periods because Wash was playing with a big lead. They didn't so their SAC numbers would have been even worse than the actual numbers. Or something like that. I'm no expert.

This is correct.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

Uh what? No.

Also pk% isn't sustainable, jets shot differential was. Difference.

Screen_shot_2015_02_20_at_2_42_14_PM.png

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
The numbers are early and small sample, but so far, with their major linemate/pairing partners being above Myers/Stafford, it seems like the trend is persisting relative to the increased strength in teammates.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011

Thank you.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Do you guys see Myers carving his way onto the top PP unit?

Probably 2nd unit.....as a RHD in Winnipeg he would have to replace Buff which won't happen unless Dustin is injured.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Probably 2nd unit.....as a RHD in Winnipeg he would have to replace Buff which won't happen unless Dustin is injured.

Unit 2 is currently Myers & Trouba, both are RHD. Before MP was injured unit 1 was Buff + 4 forwards.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Unit 2 is currently Myers & Trouba, both are RHD. Before MP was injured unit 1 was Buff + 4 forwards.

Yea I think when Matt P is out they will run Enstrom on the 1st unit again no matter whether they use the umbrella or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad