Player Discussion Tyler Motte

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
If Motte were willing to sign at that price at the beginning of free agency then he’d still be a Ranger. He tried to find a good deal out there but nothing materialized so he jsut took a one year deal. It is what it is, I liked the player a lot but it’s not like Motte makes or breaks this team.

Hopefully Cuylle can swoop in and take that slot.

I feel like between Carpenter, Goodrow, Reaves, Cuylle, Blais, Vesey all being options the fourth line is going to be fine.

Reactions: nyr2k2

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
If Motte were willing to sign at that price at the beginning of free agency then he’d still be a Ranger. He tried to find a good deal out there but nothing materialized so he jsut took a one year deal. It is what it is, I liked the player a lot but it’s not like Motte makes or breaks this team.

Hopefully Cuylle can swoop in and take that slot.

I feel like between Carpenter, Goodrow, Reaves, Cuylle, Blais, Vesey all being options the fourth line is going to be fine.
Ya there's a logjam anyway... i can't believe reaves is making 1.7 million lol

Reactions: Baby Punisher

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
PK ability has to be a part of the discussion.
That’s fair. But I think NYR have plenty of PK, especially with Trocheck. It wouldn’t be anywhere near enough reason for me to keep Motte over Blais. But that is me, it’s subjective. I just dont get the “ Motte deserves it more” angle.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
As pointed out earlier;

“"Despite going pointless in nine games with the Rangers down the final stretch of the regular season, Motte seemed far better suited for the role he was now playing in New York, with the 27-year-old helping generate a ludicrous 63.16 percent share of the available scoring chances during his even-strength minutes along with an equally impressive 56.26 percent share of the expected goals." --Hockey News”

Yea…totally overrated! Good riddance!
I will say that for generating so many scoring chances and such a high percentage of expected goals… zero points seems ludicrous and equally unimpressive.
Look, he’s not garbage, but there’s a reason he ended up costing only a 4th rounder and a reason he only got 1.35 mil. Yes cap is a part of that, cap that affects NYR as well. It’s not going to impact this club.
Anyway, Im happy he found a home. Hopefully when cap goes up he’ll get more.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
That’s fair. But I think NYR have plenty of PK, especially with Trocheck. It wouldn’t be anywhere near enough reason for me to keep Motte over Blais. But that is me, it’s subjective. I just dont get the “ Motte deserves it more” angle.
Got Trocheck, but lost a first unit PKer in Copp too.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
We have moved squarely into 'every dollar counts' territory.
Just call us Tesco.
1663217259561.jpeg

Reactions: will1066

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
I think Chytil and Blais will get looked at on the PK, Kakko too. Maybe Krav as well. I honestly am not concerned with losing Motte's minute and twenty a game of penalty kill. If they had shit PK without him? Sure then he's a need. I just don't see the justification. I actually like the way he plays too, he's just a victim of numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad