Confirmed with Link: Tyler Graovac Traded to Washington for 2018 5th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I was actually pretty high on him after his first AHL season, and wonder if things would've been different if he hadn't gotten hurt right after winning the #3C spot a few years ago.

Now? Meh. Take the 5th and go try and find the next Kaprizov.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
back at ya with most of you think every move our gm makes is BRILLIANT! i thought graovac skated well for a big guy.

fine, you win, we'll call him a garbage player that we were lucky to salvage a 5th for HAPPY?

Trading a meh 4th liner (at best) for a pick isn't as bad as you think it is.

GMCF is a relatively good GM. He turned Cal Clutterbuck into Nino. He signed a 1C for $3.5m cap hit. He's held onto some outstanding players his regime has draft (Granlund, Zucker, Haula, Brodin, Dumba, etc). He signed Parise/Suter. He's built a successful team.

His bad moves are Leddy for Barker, signing Pominville for so long, and trading away picks like candy after Parise/Suter signed for a bunch of meh players (Stewart, Moulson, etc).

I think if you are mad about this move then you are kinda being overcritical of GMCF.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Wild could probably get him back via waivers if they really wanted him sometime next year.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I was really hoping to see him break through on our roster, thought he had potential to be a real solid bottom 6 forward for us. Kinda bummed to see him go, but it's clear that Boudreau didn't think he could hang.

Like Janitor said, go for the next Kaprizov in the 5th round!

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Graovac and Stewart on the 4th line was awful. Probably better to re-sign a healthy Carter for the 625k and use him as the #13 forward instead of Graovac. Trade is a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad