Prospect Info: Tyler Boucher (F) - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
So what kind of point projections are people expecting?

I think ppg would be fair right? He's actually a pretty good athlete so I'm expecting he will be able to physically dominate most players in this league.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Guess we will see if he can back up his rough play with dropping the mitts too. Brady had no trouble but will be interested to see how quick he gets in to a fight as he can't expect to run around and not scrap.

Obviously hope he produces right away but definitely nervous...if he doesn't put up good numbers here it will be a big red flag and just heap loads of pressure and negativity on him.

Reactions: Bileur

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I think ppg would be fair right? He's actually a pretty good athlete so I'm expecting he will be able to physically dominate most players in this league.
I'd be worried if he doesn't produce at a pt per game clip or close to it understanding that their will be a bit of an adjustment period changing leagues little lone teams mid season

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If he has an underwhelming 2022-23 season; I'll take what your saying. As of now, he still has time to turn it around. He's definitely not a Blake Wheeler/Rick Nash; but he could develop into a Lucic/Foligno like player.

I don't see the offensive skills of Foligno nor the size and physicality of Lucic.

He might become a Chris Neil type of player.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I don't see the offensive skills of Foligno nor the size and physicality of Lucic.

His dad says he’s not really a fighter, but will have to learn to answer the bell.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
His dad says he’s not really a fighter, but will have to learn to answer the bell.

The Senators should hire Neil to teach him how to do it. Neil's strategy for taking on bigger opponents like Chara would come in useful to Boucher.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I wouldn’t stat watch with him.
He’s only played 46 games since 2019.

Sens took a huge gamble on him, likely because of character and bloodlines, hoping he turns into the next Tom Wilson.

We literally won’t have any idea of what he is until the end of next year.

Yes it will take more time to see what he can do. End of next year is end of 2023.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

Normally at this point in his career for a high draft pick 1.5 per game in the OHL is sort of a floor. Generally I am worried if its under 1.25. But all players are different. and that said, i think with the way covid has affected the players ability to be on the ice the last two years, switching leagues mid season, his own health issues, I'd be happy with a ppg. Much less, then its more cause for concern.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Chris Neil had a pretty special career. If he can have a career like that with less fighting but better scoring that would be an very good top 10 pick.

Reactions: Cosmix

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I'd be worried if he doesn't produce at a pt per game clip or close to it understanding that their will be a bit of an adjustment period changing leagues little lone teams mid season
He has played so few games over the last couple years. I’d like to see about 1.1-1.25 ppg next year. This year I just want to see some good overall play. I hope they can put him with Beck when he’s back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad