Waived: Ty Rattie placed on waivers by STL (Claimed by Carolina)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
When does he become the next Toffoli? We were told he was the next Toffoli.

disles1

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
If he makes it past AZ/COL , I can see the NYI claim him. Garth loves the waiver wire....and we need a right handed RW who is on a cheap contract. Right up Garth's alley.....

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I think the Oilers should really look into putting in a claim. 23 years old, still lots of potential, RH shot and a RW...kids can potentially fill a need.

Lucic - McDavid - Rattie
Maroon - LD - Pulju
Cagguila - RNH - Eberle
Pouliot - Letestu - Kassian

that's a top 12 I would like to see them try for a couple games at least.
lol yikes

You know you need to start watching hockey when you've got Ty Rattie penciled into your first line

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Ah yes, one of the important pieces on the trade St. Louis fans were proposing for Spezza.

Guess I can't really laugh though since Spezza was ultimately traded for an absurdly bad package.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Ah yes, one of the important pieces on the trade St. Louis fans were proposing for Spezza.

Guess I can't really laugh though since Spezza was ultimately traded for an absurdly bad package.

That was 2yrs ago......

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

I mean, Rattie was just coming off a 30 goal rookie season in the AHL after tearing it up in juniors, pretty sure any fanbase would value a player like that highly. It'd be like poking fun at the Senators fanbase for constantly hyping up Rundblad when he turned out to be a terrible player.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL

Funny you bring that up, Peumpel was being highly touted in those same discussions. How did he turn out for you

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Welcome to Colorado, where we take everyone elses trash and hope it flourishes.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

Considering he was a pretty high up prospect at the time (31 goals in his first year in the A) this is completely irrelevant

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Arizona may claim him to send Perlini back to the AHL.

Arizona needs to claim this player and they need to send BOTH Dvorak and Perlini back down to Tucson, which is competently run and winning games. Dave Tippett is the Black Plague and these kids need to get far away fast. Subject the likes of Burmistrov, and Jooris, and Holland and Rattie to this toxic waste dump. Protect the kids.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Apparently they are at the contract limit so they can't put in a claim. If he clears I can see a trade afterwards though.

Can't AZ just buy out a contract to free up contract spot? I also think that 50 number includes contracts to junior players that are being tolled. Do those still count?

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
I mean, Rattie was just coming off a 30 goal rookie season in the AHL after tearing it up in juniors, pretty sure any fanbase would value a player like that highly. It'd be like poking fun at the Senators fanbase for constantly hyping up Rundblad when he turned out to be a terrible player.

Ya I know, fair enough.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
The guy is with good with a stick but his skating isn't so good.

If anything I see Calgary, Colorado or Vancouver placing a claim on him.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
The kid has one shot on goal in four games this season. The Blues waived him because he sucks.
Yeah because his 7 minutes a game playing with superstars like Reaves and Brodziak should have garnered him sooo much more. :shakehead

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah because his 7 minutes a game playing with superstars like Reaves and Brodziak should have garnered him sooo much more. :shakehead
He hasn't been playing with them though. His ice time may be low but it's been with other 3rd liners like Patrik Berglund.

I'm not going to act like Rattie has gotten much of a shot in the NHL. He hasn't even played half a season. But man he's been invisible recently. He does nothing. He doesn't hit, he doesn't kill penalties, he doesn't provide anything defensively, he's not fast, he's not really a playmaker at all.

He has a decent shot but if you're not in the right places to use it not even that matters. If I hadn't seen Rattie play before his 4 games this season, I wouldn't be able to tell you if he shoots left or right. I have not noticed him a single time in the 4 games he's gotten. In the 26 NHL games before this he showed a little more, but not enough to earn a roster spot.

We'll see what happens here. He's young but he's not going to amount to a whole lot. Wouldn't be completely shocked if he went unclaimed.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
He hasn't been playing with them though. His ice time may be low but it's been with other 3rd liners like Patrik Berglund.

I'm not going to act like Rattie has gotten much of a shot in the NHL. He hasn't even played half a season. But man he's been invisible recently. He does nothing. He doesn't hit, he doesn't kill penalties, he doesn't provide anything defensively, he's not fast, he's not really a playmaker at all.

He has a decent shot but if you're not in the right places to use it not even that matters. If I hadn't seen Rattie play before his 4 games this season, I wouldn't be able to tell you if he shoots left or right. I have not noticed him a single time in the 4 games he's gotten. In the 26 NHL games before this he showed a little more, but not enough to earn a roster spot.

We'll see what happens here. He's young but he's not going to amount to a whole lot. Wouldn't be completely shocked if he went unclaimed.
He must have been noticeable enough to know who he had the most ice-time with! :laugh:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He must have been noticeable enough to know who he had the most ice-time with! :laugh:

I mean, it's not difficult to know the lines he played on. Rattie just doesn't do much of anything on the ice. He relies on other players to feed him pucks, but he's not an elite finisher and he's not strong enough to stand his ground in the scoring areas. He doesn't win board battles and doesn't create any offense. He's just another great AHLer.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
To those who think Rattie wouldn't be able to cut it on EDM's top line, why do you say that; is Rattie actually that bad to play with? Is it really to the point where McDavid (& Lucic to a lesser extent) wouldn't be able to carry him?

Line 1: Lucic - McDavid - Rattie
Line 2a: Maroon - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Line 2b: Cagguila - RNH - Eberle
Line 4: Pouliot - Letestu - Kassian

I'm saying this as a guy who's unfamiliar with the Oilers system, and Rattie for that matter, but these lines don't look bad on paper to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad