Confirmed with Link: Ty Emberson (1 Year, two way, 775k)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah losing him was unfortunate. The problem was he wasn't going to fetch much of anything in a trade so it was probably worth it for us to try to sneak him through waivers. The threat of a waiver claim with these types is always some team that knows it will suck and is willing to give spot to the guys for a whole season. SJ fit the bill.

It would be great if we could have held onto him as you can never have too many RHD. He'd have basically no future here but he was still a good player.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Sharks just traded for a more NHL-proven RHD,
so now 9 d-men on active roster, plus Matt Benning on IR

Ty could be (re)waived

"[SJS/MIN] Calen Addison for 2026 5th round pick and Adam Raska"​

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Sharks just traded for a more NHL-proven RHD,
so now 9 d-men on active roster, plus Matt Benning on IR

Ty could be (re)waived

"[SJS/MIN] Calen Addison for 2026 5th round pick and Adam Raska"​

I always forget the rules for this stuff...

Do we get first dibs? Last pick? Or does it not matter that we lost him to waivers this season?

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
According to Daily Faceoff, he's the 1RD :D:sarcasm:
1699492012392.png

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
According to Daily Faceoff, he's the 1RD :D:sarcasm:
View attachment 765281
How else does one tank properly?

Also...wow that is certainly one of the defenses of all time.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Do we get first dibs? Last pick? Or does it not matter that we lost him to waivers this season?
I'm pretty sure it goes in the regular order based on standings, but if we claim him, we can then place him in the AHL. Any other team claiming him would need to keep him in the NHL, so I doubt any other team would put in a claim.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

I'm pretty sure it goes in the regular order based on standings, but if we claim him, we can then place him in the AHL. Any other team claiming him would need to keep him in the NHL, so I doubt any other team would put in a claim.
They way i understand it is that, if NYR claim him, and no one else puts in a claim, since NYR had waived him this season, NYR can AHL assign immediately.

Corrections welcome.

But that would mean that if, for example, NYR and Vegas claim, NYR would get him, but to demote, would at some point then need to waive and fully clear like any other team

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah losing him was unfortunate. The problem was he wasn't going to fetch much of anything in a trade so it was probably worth it for us to try to sneak him through waivers. The threat of a waiver claim with these types is always some team that knows it will suck and is willing to give spot to the guys for a whole season. SJ fit the bill.

It would be great if we could have held onto him as you can never have too many RHD. He'd have basically no future here but he was still a good player.
Agree entirely except da bold
No excuse to not waive drop somebody else, beginning w/leShitshow

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Agree entirely except da bold
No excuse to not waive drop somebody else, beginning w/leShitshow
They did waive Leschyshyn. What does one have to do with the other? They waived Emberson because there was no room for him on defense.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
They did waive Leschyshyn. What does one have to do with the other? They waived Emberson because there was no room for him on defense.
Thanks for Lesch reminder.

Was there no one else that could be waived?
If it came to cutting an extraneous F and keeping all D, we do it.
Was there a lower grade LD we could have cut?
We are SO thin on RD....

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Thanks for Lesch reminder.

Was there no one else that could be waived?
If it came to cutting an extraneous F and keeping all D, we do it.
Was there a lower grade LD we could have cut?
We are SO thin on RD....
Had they kept Emberson as well as Jones, along with all the fourth line guys (Vesey, Bonino, Pitlick), they would have been at 23 players on the roster and would have had almost 0 cap space. It would have been tough to justify rostering Jones, who to that point had been only a spare, and Emberson, with no NHL experience.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Had they kept Emberson as well as Jones, along with all the fourth line guys (Vesey, Bonino, Pitlick), they would have been at 23 players on the roster and would have had almost 0 cap space. It would have been tough to justify rostering Jones, who to that point had been only a spare, and Emberson, with no NHL experience.
Leshitshow is so useless, was such a bad move, I'd give a 6th + him for a 7th

Also Belzile and Blidh are not worth their current roster spots given how thin or RD depth is.
And yes, I get you have to make cap space from the varsity besides roster spot.

Bonino has been solid on blocked shots and face-offs, but completely sucked other than that

Reactions: RangersFan1994

discretemachine

Sep 28, 2023
I just don’t know where all this Emberson love comes from. I’m fairly sure I’ve seen him more than anyone else here. He’s a AAA player. Very bland, no outstanding strengths. Not worth having any heartache
What’s your deal with him? Seen more hate for him from you than anyone else on this platform…

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I mean he's a limited player in that he doesn't really have any standout skills, but he was pretty solid across the board. He looked like a potential bottom pair guy that could provide decent depth to a successful organization.

Losing him isn't any kind of huge deal but it's still a bit of a bummer to lose a young, cost-controlled asset, even if the upside wasn't really there.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I mean he's a limited player in that he doesn't really have any standout skills, but he was pretty solid across the board. He looked like a potential bottom pair guy that could provide decent depth to a successful organization.

Losing him isn't any kind of huge deal but it's still a bit of a bummer to lose a young, cost-controlled asset, even if the upside wasn't really there.
exactly
except for the stupidity of this being a self inflicted wound
and
a flawed depth asset is preferable to no depth asset
esp where it is extremely dif to acquire RD because of general lack of supply

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
So turns out the nyr/Drury traded nemeth and 2 high picks for cap space lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad