Confirmed with Link: Ty Emberson (1 Year, two way, 775k)

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Welcome to the NY Rangers Ty Emberson

Here the scouting report on him from Redline report from the 2018 Draft.

Ty Emberson - US NTDP U-18
Ranked 110.

A decidedly Vanilla defender (in a good way) who lacks dynamic pop and offensive upside, but is smart and effective. He's a tremendous 4-way skater and fills lanes quickly angling forwards away from prime scoring areas and employing an active stick to disrupt rushes. Gets back quickly in retrieval and can make a strong first pass. Not overly skilled and won't wow you, but plays a mature game, competes very well, and keeps things simple while making some understated plays in the offensive end. At one time was trending as a top talent for this draft, but is a more of a value pick who will play for years in a steady support role.

Projection : Great skating #6-7 defensive Blueliner

Style compares to : Anton Stralman

Highlights

Big hit and a scrap

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Emberson has some upside. He was a recent 3rd who can make it as a bottom pair guy. Captained Wisconsin....

On a team that was 23-39-5 with a minus 86 goal differential. Please don't use +/- stats.

i see it this way,
kid has had just 1 pro season,
after 3 Big10 seasons, last one wearing C,
and had 2 seasons w NTDP
that arc has led to quite a few decent NHL careers

wasn't expecting a star back for Nemeth
but w Schneider up,
and still reasonable likelihood Lundkvist maybe traded, with Schnied, Fox, Trouba ahead of him,
adding Emberson to Skinner in RD pipeline seems smart move to me

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't remember seeing him in the AHL, but I liked him as a college player. Very steady, moved around well. At that level he was pretty decent at moving the pick around but I don't know if it will translate.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Obviously someone that was around doing scouting on Miller thought this would be a good pickup.

Was captain his last season at Wisconsin. Solid build to him. If he can skate, he'll get a look. One thing that has come out of Hartford is defense prospects. Wonder how the Coyotes felt about him to not even get a sniff last season.

Right side for Hartford at the moment is Lundkvist, Emerson, and Skinner. Left side is Robertson, Scanlin, and Tinordi. If somehow Jones isn't the 6th D, he might look good next to him.

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004

"But the bond shared between Emberson and Miller is unique. They’ve been through it all. They moved to Michigan for the national development program together, they attended the draft together, and they’ve grown up travelling the world for international tournaments on the same team, playing the same position.

Miller calls Emberson his best friend.

“We’ve had some deep conversations over the last four years. We talk about life, anything family-wise, I can literally talk to him about anything. He’s just that one guy that I have as a friend that I can feel comfortable telling anything and I know that he’ll have my back and support me through whatever I need help with,” Miller says.

Emberson says Miller is like a brother.

“We can lean on each other through anything in life,” Emberson says. “It’s more than hockey at this point.”

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

"But the bond shared between Emberson and Miller is unique. They’ve been through it all. They moved to Michigan for the national development program together, they attended the draft together, and they’ve grown up travelling the world for international tournaments on the same team, playing the same position.

“We’ve had some deep conversations over the last four years. We talk about life, anything family-wise, I can literally talk to him about anything. He’s just that one guy that I have as a friend that I can feel comfortable telling anything and I know that he’ll have my back and support me through whatever I need help with,” Miller says.

Emberson says Miller is like a brother

Ouch poor Laf getting replaced

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
An AHLer in Yotes land is basically an ECHLer anywhere else
They actually had some nice defensive prospects on the team other than Emberson, like JJ Moser, Victor Soderstrom, and Cam Dineen, among others. I have no idea why that Tucson team was so terrible, but they certainly had some good D prospects. And make no mistake, Emberson is hardly a blue chipper, but he does have potential and isn't a nobody prospect.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
They actually had some nice defensive prospects on the team other than Emberson, like JJ Moser, Victor Soderstrom, and Cam Dineen, among others. I have no idea why that Tucson team was so terrible, but they certainly had some good D prospects. And make no mistake, Emberson is hardly a blue chipper, but he does have potential and isn't a nobody prospect.
there goalies that combined for 67 games last year had a .880 and a .855 save percentage. thats probably shestys save percentage on breakaways lol.

Reactions: nyr2k2

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Emberson says Miller is like a brother.

“We can lean on each other through anything in life,” Emberson says. “It’s more than hockey at this point.”
How interesting. Nice find @Mugless

Reactions: Ola

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
766271BA-558A-4409-9328-06860C1F7650.jpeg

Article from The Athletic in January of 2022. Ranked the 18th best prospect in Arizona’s system. Take it with a grain of salt because it is not ranked by most likely to make the NHL or meet their draft pedigree, but rather that Athletic writers, like in this one here, rank by upside.

Emberson’s game is described as very stable defensively. But very limited upside, there is a 0% chance he would ever be a top pair guy even if all the stars aligned, so he got dinged for that.

I do like it currying some favor with Miller who we will be likely trying to sign to a long term deal this time next year.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Seems like a plus defensive defender, no offensive game to speak of. Not exciting but these are the kind of players you want waiting in the wings. They can step in and not make game-blowing mistakes. Not exciting but I remember even O’Gara played some meaningful minutes and did a good job when called upon. Might even be better than Nemeth at this point. Seems he can skate.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Drury looks like he spent slightly more for Nemeth's dump in order to get an actual player back that might do something. I can get behind that. I'd rather the team pay a little more to get something useful then take back "Future Considerations".

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Pretty nice honor to be named best Defensive Dman in the the east, while also still putting up some points.

Have we been undervaluing him the last season? I know there are is some talk here and there that he played well in the AHL (@nyr2k2 i believe speaks highly of him if i remember correctly).

We ranked him #15 in our prospect poll in the Winter. Just turned 23 last month.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Pretty nice honor to be named best Defensive Dman in the the east, while also still putting up some points.

Have we been undervaluing him the last season? I know there are is some talk here and there that he played well in the AHL (@nyr2k2 i believe speaks highly of him if i remember correctly).

We ranked him #15 in our prospect poll in the Winter. Just turned 23 last month.

I've commented on him a bunch of times this past year. To me Emberson was Hartford's best defenseman last year. He's not the most creative D but his play is just steady. He was good pretty much from the first game of the season to the last game of the playoffs. That steady play is something that coaches really tend to love. it's like you know what the player is going to give you night after night. He was dependable. His issue really is an RD and he's effectively blocked with Fox, Trouba and Schneider ahead of him. If one of them were to get hurt next year I think he would be a very effective fill in.

If I remember right he and K'Andre were a pair at Wisconsin U.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad