Confirmed with Link: Ty Emberson (1 Year, two way, 775k)

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I've commented on him a bunch of times this past year. To me Emberson was Hartford's best defenseman last year. He's not the most creative D but his play is just steady. He was good pretty much from the first game of the season to the last game of the playoffs. That steady play is something that coaches really tend to love. it's like you know what the player is going to give you night after night. He was dependable. His issue really is an RD and he's effectively blocked with Fox, Trouba and Schneider ahead of him. If one of them were to get hurt next year I think he would be a very effective fill in.

If I remember right he and K'Andre were a pair at Wisconsin U.
I'll bite. Can he attempt playing LD?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Trouba is gone next offseason so he can get his shot then, assuming he is still waiver ineligible.

Reactions: RagFinMet

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Trouba is gone next offseason so he can get his shot then, assuming he is still waiver ineligible.
1687988467403.png

apparently waivers-risk, I guess because he burned his first contract year when left Wisconsin spring '21. Only 2 'full' pro seasons

UPDATE - all because of just 5 AHL games spring '21 ...

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Interesting that he requires waivers. He would get claimed. I wonder what might happen. Schneider trade still possible?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Interesting that he requires waivers. He would get claimed. I wonder what might happen. Schneider trade still possible?
i don't believe a Schneider trade was ever considered by FO

and IMHO certainly shouldn't be justified because Emberson in the depth chart

waiver claims during Camp are rare, every team working to winnow down their roster

some team(s) might have genuine RHD need,
but a 2 year pro, with no NHL experience, is probably not what they are seeking for their opening night roster

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
You're suggesting a trade of Schneider to keep Emberson? Really?
No. Maybe not worded the best. I was more wondering if there was something to the talks that seemed prominent on the boards about us possibly moving Schneider. I do not think we should move Schneider, but I also like Emberson and would hate to lose him for nothing on waivers.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
No. Maybe not worded the best. I was more wondering if there was something to the talks that seemed prominent on the boards about us possibly moving Schneider. I do not think we should move Schneider, but I also like Emberson and would hate to lose him for nothing on waivers.
What talks were those? I don't recall seeing them.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think the chances of Emberson NOT being claimed far outweigh the chances of him being claimed. He's a nice prospect coming off a good season, but he's not a high-end guy. The only teams that would be interested in all likelihood are young, rebuilding teams that could stick a guy with no NHL experience into the lineup every night, and there will be other guys like Emberson and also veteran players hitting the wire for cap reasons.

I'm not saying he wouldn't get claimed, just that I don't think it's that likely. I actually think there might be a better chance in Harpur getting claimed.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
What talks were those? I don't recall seeing them.

I guess fans get stupid during the offseason 🙄

Me either. Who's talking about trading Schneider? Talk about lack of patience if so.
There were a significant number of people that mentioned trading Schneider in the Offseason thread and the pre-draft thread with sources linking teams like the Pens and Canucks to Schneider. Of course I am not sure any of those are true, and like I said I dont support trading him, but I was thinking back to those discussions and now wondering if there may have been truth to them. That was it.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think the chances of Emberson NOT being claimed far outweigh the chances of him being claimed. He's a nice prospect coming off a good season, but he's not a high-end guy. The only teams that would be interested in all likelihood are young, rebuilding teams that could stick a guy with no NHL experience into the lineup every night, and there will be other guys like Emberson and also veteran players hitting the wire for cap reasons.

I'm not saying he wouldn't get claimed, just that I don't think it's that likely. I actually think there might be a better chance in Harpur getting claimed.

Here's some examples of defensemen claimed off waivers at the start of the season (When there are more options available through waivers so it heavily limits the likelihood of you losing a player:

2022-23:
Jarred Tinordi
Josh Mahura
Juuso Valimaki
Johnathan Kovacevic

2021-22:
Mason Geertsen

2020-21:
Christian Djoos
Gustav Forsling

2019-20:
Carl Dahlström

2018-19:
N/A

2017-18:
Patrik Nemeth

Honestly, 2022-23 was an anomaly. The majority of waiver pick-ups is goalies and forwards, especially on opening roster waivers.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Agreed. Harpur isn't great, but he has played NHL games, so teams have a better idea of what he offers at that level.

Reactions: egelband and nyr2k2

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Dolan doesn't even want to pay to stream training camp scrimmages and rookie camp and we think he's going to give Ty Emberson more than 85k to play in the AHL?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I didn't even realize we lost this guy on Waivers a few weeks ago.

He's now on the Sharks top pairing. (yes the Sharks are horrible but still). Guess he wasn't named the AHL best defensive dman in the east for nothing last season. Should have tried for a trade instead of losing him for nothing. We had him ranked as our #10 prospect this summer.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I didn't even realize we lost this guy on Waivers a few weeks ago.

He's now on the Sharks top pairing. (yes the Sharks are horrible but still). Guess he wasn't named the AHL best defensive dman in the east for nothing last season. Should have tried for a trade instead of losing him for nothing.

Waivers was a good deal for him. As an RD he was effectively blocked with Fox, Trouba, Schneider ahead of him. Unless one of them got injured he didn't have a chance. He was IMO Hartford's best defenseman though last year and he's getting a chance now with a shitty Sharks team but at least it's the NHL and he's making a lot more money.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad