Proposal: TvR for Yak?

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
Would any of you do it? it makes sense to me considering we got Soup now, the Hawks could take a gamble on Yak (who is talented) and I know the Oilers really want to add another younger defenseman.

Of course we also have Pokka who I believe can make this team out of camp...

I would certainly do it.... It could really pay off for the Hawks.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why would Hawks do this?

An established young #5D is far more valuable then a guy who is on cusp of washing out of NHL and hasn't been good since his rookie season in 2013

Last edited:

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
Why would the Oilers do this?

The Oilers tried to shop him at the draft for a 2nd round pick and there were no takers.

The Oilers need and have always needed defense, but what they want is younger defensemen with top 4 upside.

This deal makes sense for both clubs.

TvR makes 1 per so the Hawks would only be looking at an additional 1.5 in cap.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
As for the proposal I wouldn't even think about it unless the Oilers retained 50%. I'm not a big fan of Yak to begin with. Q would loathe him.

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
Why would Hawks do this?

A established young #5D is far more valuable then a guy who is on cusp of washing out of NHL and hasn't been good since his rookie season in 2013

Because IMO without question he would be more successful on the Hawks..... Edmonton really knows how to kill young forwards...

I would bet anything if Bowman made this deal Yak would become a 50-60 point player overnight.

Why do the Hawks do it?

Really? why not.

Pokka can and will make this team out of camp, so he will be #5 along with Rozy.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The Oilers tried to shop him at the draft for a 2nd round pick and there were no takers.

The Oilers need and have always needed defense, but what they want is younger defensemen with top 4 upside.

This deal makes sense for both clubs.

TvR makes 1 per so the Hawks would only be looking at an additional 1.5 in cap.

Which they really don't have.

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
Yeah, wouldn't mind him if they retained on him. But I believe he makes over 2mil? Won't work with the cap.

So, TvR makes what? 1+ per? so the Hawks really take on 1-1.5 per? not a big deal there.

Yak's cap hit is 2.5.

He's no Shaw but he can take his roster spot and he's certainly cheaper than Shaw.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So, TvR makes what? 1+ per? so the Hawks really take on 1-1.5 per? not a big deal there.

Yak's cap hit is 2.5.

He's no Shaw but he can take his roster spot and he's certainly cheaper than Shaw.

That would basically be all the Hawks cap space right? Not a gamble I'd make.

I actually think TVR has more value than many Hawks fans would think around the league.

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
You are aware of our current Cap situation ,, Correct?

Yea we went into today with 6.5 in cap, we signed Campbell at 2 per and those 2 other guys Carrek and Cedric Labe (who are basically AHL depth guys) so the Hawks have about 4 in cap space with 20 guys signed.

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
That would basically be all the Hawks cap space right? Not a gamble I'd make.

I actually think TVR has more value than many Hawks fans would think around the league.

No it wouldn't be. It would only be an additional 1.5 in cap space. TvR makes 1 per, Yak makes 2.5 hence 1 minus 2.5 equals 1.5.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Why would Hawks do this?

An established young #5D is far more valuable then a guy who is on cusp of washing out of NHL and hasn't been good since his rookie season in 2013

Both these statements are nonsense.

Just because TVR was played above a #6 position due to lack of options and/or favortism, doesn't make him an 'established' 5D. You have to be GOOD at the job to be 'established'.

Yakupov won't wash out of the league. Worst case scenario he bounces around as a low-cost scoring option. He's talented.

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
I could see Yak go back to Russia if he flames out in his next stop.

I don't see him flaming out on the Hawks....

It's a zero risk high reward trade.

TvR is basically expendable and Yak could really shine playing with the talent the Hawks have.... This would be a good situation for Yak.

TvR for Yak makes perfect sense for both the Hawks and the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad