Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Well last night Tooks played his butt off and I was impressed how he stepped up. Nice to see this team play as a family with helping each other and getting the job done. I will also say that the Refs in this series have been the worse. I mean a player with his hand covering the puck in the crease and no call???? Why???? Thanks Tuukka for helping us to victory and staying alive and returning home to face the Sens and set up game 7 and hoping for a big "W"..

Last edited:

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
raskbrickwall01.jpg

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Kuraly gets the credit,but the hero of this game was Tuukka!!!! The best Bruin on the ice.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Kuraly gets the credit,but the hero of this game was Tuukka!!!! The best Bruin on the ice.

2 games he`s stolen IMO, game 1 and last night`s tilt.

I feel he`s played very well in this series TBH, won`t be a popular opinion here but I haven`t looked at Tuukka as being any problem at all

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
well last night tooks played his butt off and i was impressed how he stepped up. Nice to see this team play as a family with helping each other and getting the job done. I will also say that the refs in this series have been the worse. i mean a player with his hand covering the puck in the crease and no call???? why???? Thanks tuukka for helping us to victory and staying alive and returning home to face the sens and set up game 7 and hoping for a big "w"..

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

After the 2 breakaway goals Tuukka was outstanding, but without Kuraly's goals the series was over.

Rask played his ass off again and it was great to see!!!

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Tuukka has been huge in several games. Last night was monstrous, but he has done really well previously to last night as well. Funny how after two breakaway goals given up some folks were talking about how the Bs need to get rid of him and how he is overpaid. Yeah, sure, he's not important to this team and the Bs would be better off without him. Without his ridiculous play this series would be over.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I don't want to hear any negative comments on Tuuks for awhile after this one. They wouldn't be heading home for another game if it wasn't for them. IMO he's had a great series and the game 5 performance was unreal.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Rask was absolutely outstanding last night. He kept them in the game until they could get their act together. :yo:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Tuukka has been huge in several games. Last night was monstrous, but he has done really well previously to last night as well. Funny how after two breakaway goals given up some folks were talking about how the Bs need to get rid of him and how he is overpaid. Yeah, sure, he's not important to this team and the Bs would be better off without him. Without his ridiculous play this series would be over.

Yeah, there was lots of negativity in the GDT last night.

There were some posters saying the series is over and they were logging out after it it was only 1-0, which actually made me angry.

Thank God the B's came to life to tie the game, and eventually win it in double OT.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

I feel he`s played very well in this series TBH, won`t be a popular opinion here but I haven`t looked at Tuukka as being any problem at all

100% agree-I love Tuuka and there are only 3 or 4 other NHL goalies that I would take straight up for him. Aside from that one semi-softie in game 2, he has been very good to out-of-this-world in this series. The boys are golfing right now without him in net.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I don't want to hear any negative comments on Tuuks for awhile after this one. They wouldn't be heading home for another game if it wasn't for them. IMO he's had a great series and the game 5 performance was unreal.
Rask was absolutely amazing. I don't like Rask at all, but I will give him credit when it's due. Let's not forget, that he also has had a couple of bad games too. He stole this game, and was great in the 1st game. Now, we have a game 6 and maybe a game 7. Let's see what happens.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009

By now I think it's a small minority that tries to lay blame on Rask. Most guys here see that he brings it in the playoffs. That's what I choose to think anyways. The opposite would just be too bizarre.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
They should be confident knowing Rask is in net. No matter what, they have at least a 50/50 chance to win every game...

If our core players can wake up and score like they're able to, this series is as good as over. Big if, though, as they've shown.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If the Backes line built yesterday plays the same way on Sunday, i predict the first line will have less attentiom and they will bulldozer the Ottawa net. Cash it in.

Yep. We're making a hero out of Anderson with long range shots. He's very beatable up close. Get to the net, wraparounds, rebounds...

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
It's a travesty how he managed to get snubbed by the 3 stars twice in Ottawa when he was a huge reason for the win.

Yeah, I don't understand at all how Rask didn't come away with the second star following his play in the OT periods. He gave the Bs every chance to win and they took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad