Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I think Rask is worth his contract when he plays like that, but if he's a big reason we get bounced in the first round, one could argue he's really not worth 7 million (similar to the concerns I have for Marchand) but with the cap going up honestly his contract doesn't look problematic so much anymore

You also have to remember how much his play has correlated with injury, he's shown he is elite when healthy

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I still don’t like Rask. I will admit, he’s been playing great lately though. The team in front of him has been playing great too. Show me in the playoffs. That’s where legends are made. I still think he’s a wimp when the pressure is on, and things don’t go well in front of him. Make me eat crow Rask. We shall see.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I still don’t like Rask. I will admit, he’s been playing great lately though. The team in front of him has been playing great too. Show me in the playoffs. That’s where legends are made. I still think he’s a wimp when the pressure is on, and things don’t go well in front of him. Make me eat crow Rask. We shall see.

Have you seen his playoff numbers (where the pressure is on)?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

In 2013 he put up better numbers than Thomas did in 2011. What more does he have to do to prove himself? You're being completely unreasonable and you should just admit you'll never like him.

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
In 2013 he put up better numbers than Thomas did in 2011. What more does he have to do to prove himself? You're being completely unreasonable and you should just admit you'll never like him.

Ya, but he's never:
1) won the cup
2) negotiated a successful mid east peace agreement
3) cured male pattern baldness
4) bought me a vacation property​

Guy's obviously a bum.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA

There’s only 2 guys in the league who currently have a better save percentage in the playoffs. He’s 5th all time. Carey Price is 19th for active players and 39th all time and is going to get 10.5 for the next 8 years. It could be WAY worse.:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yah he wimped out against that Pittsburgh juggernaut in 2013

Go Tuukka yah!!!

Love and kisses Tukes

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

. Reminding me of the Carey Price is still best in World supporters.:rolleyes:

pineapplestastegood

Oct 4, 2017
Save percentage has nothing to do with it, you can have a great save percentage and still wilt when the pressure is on. Save percentage doesn't account for giving up awful soft backbreaking goals at the worst time. You can be having a great game, and only give up 1 or 2 goals, but if those goals are soft goals and especially if they're given up during a crucial point in the game, then it doesn't matter what your save percentage is. Can't blindly rely on stats.

Reactions: fin8

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Save percentage has nothing to do with it, you can have a great save percentage and still wilt when the pressure is on. Save percentage doesn't account for giving up awful soft backbreaking goals at the worst time. You can be having a great game, and only give up 1 or 2 goals, but if those goals are soft goals and especially if they're given up during a crucial point in the game, then it doesn't matter what your save percentage is. Can't blindly rely on stats.
He's a bum the guy sucks

All his saves are from another area code

You tell them pinneapple you da man

Reactions: Chief Nine

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Am I the only one here doesn't think save % matters?

So if the goalie doesn't stop the puck what's the worst thing that can happen?

See. Stopping the puck is overrated

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Wait a minute, I thought your MO was that he was a great goaltender just not worth the contract, no goalie is... Now it's the elusive timely save / soft goals / can't handle the pressure. True colors, true colors.

'course it's only a big game when they lose, only a timely save opportunity when a goal is given up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad