Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Since Rask started 3-15 he's been pretty good although they are mostly shots from far away

Reactions: Seidenbergy

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Rask Stones Devils As Bruins Extend Streak

The ace netminder turned back all 20 shots with ease. And for the night, Rask made 37 stops to - despite twice falling behind by a goal - pace the Bruins to a 3-2 victory over the Devils at TD Garden. The win extended the team's points streak to 17 games, Boston's longest such stretch since 1982-83 (15-0-2).

"He was awesome. We didn't have a good start and Tuukka was unbelievable in the first period for us," said David Pastrnak. "It could have easily been 3-0 for them, but he made some great saves. It's hard when you're waiting for a team coming off a back-to-back…we knew it was coming.

"That's why we have Tuukka and he got us going."

While that frantic first period led to a flurry of Rask stops, it was his third-period heroics that were the difference. The 30-year-old Fin stoned Damon Severson's back-to-back breakaway attempts around the 12-minute mark of the closing frame to keep the Bruins up by a goal.

"I think quality saves were more late. I think early on there was a lot of volume of shots. I think their game plan was clearly funnel everything to the net, see what happens," said Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy. "I thought Tuukka was our best player."

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Rask Stones Devils As Bruins Extend Streak

The ace netminder turned back all 20 shots with ease. And for the night, Rask made 37 stops to - despite twice falling behind by a goal - pace the Bruins to a 3-2 victory over the Devils at TD Garden. The win extended the team's points streak to 17 games, Boston's longest such stretch since 1982-83 (15-0-2).

"He was awesome. We didn't have a good start and Tuukka was unbelievable in the first period for us," said David Pastrnak. "It could have easily been 3-0 for them, but he made some great saves. It's hard when you're waiting for a team coming off a back-to-back…we knew it was coming.

"That's why we have Tuukka and he got us going."

While that frantic first period led to a flurry of Rask stops, it was his third-period heroics that were the difference. The 30-year-old Fin stoned Damon Severson's back-to-back breakaway attempts around the 12-minute mark of the closing frame to keep the Bruins up by a goal.

"I think quality saves were more late. I think early on there was a lot of volume of shots. I think their game plan was clearly funnel everything to the net, see what happens," said Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy. "I thought Tuukka was our best player."
But he is overpaid. :sarcasm:

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Sending prayers to the Tuukka god that he can keep his brick wall thick and strong for the next five games with the impeding lack of goal scoring....

Reactions: 3rdLiner

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Sending prayers to the Tuukka god that he can keep his brick wall thick and strong for the next five games with the impeding lack of goal scoring....

Agree. Won't be easy to win without their top scoring F and best puck moving D. Everyone will have to up their game. Don't know how much Vezina Rask can up his game that he's on since mid-November but he needs at least to keep on his great streak to give the team a chance to win.

They get at least 6pts in those next 5 games and it will be a succesfull one to me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wish.
20 years and not so much as a friggen nickel.....or even a lousy T shirt.
I was in my 30's when I joined here the Patriots had 0 Super Bowls and it took me 15 years to get my first infraction

I was looking up Nick Boynton who had not signed with Washington and this Hockey Future thing came up 1997-1998ish

I need to mellow out

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I was in my 30's when I joined here the Patriots had 0 Super Bowls and it took me 15 years to get my first infraction

I need to mellow out

And these past 20 years are the golden age of Boston sports.

Imagine how bad this play would be if the teams sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA