Confirmed with Link: Turris to NSH for Girard, Kamenev, and a 2nd

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Honestly I don't see Ottawa being able to. I'm not sure why he'd want to if things keep going this way

I just don’t see why Duchene won’t test free agency unless Ottowa decides to massively overpay him. Yeah good luck with that.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I just don’t see why Duchene won’t test free agency unless Ottowa decides to massively overpay him. Yeah good luck with that.
Yeah the way I understood it is they were buying an extra year of cost certainty by exchanging Turris(who would have been ufa this summer) for Duchene(two years under contract), with the thought being the Sens had a short window to be Cup contenders before they would have to rebuild

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Glad to see Turris doing so well for you guys. Hated to see him go, but glad he went to a great team like Nashville. Hope you guys go all the way this year, because I don’t think Ottawa will.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
Melynk = Craig Leipold
Cheap owner that is always blaming the fans for the financial issues of the team.

I really don't recall Leipold as cheap. Seems he actually spent a lot at the time and the team did have a lot more giveaways for us el cheapos.

I think he blamed the corporations here more than the fans till the end. Leipold did some good and bad here from what I recall.

He did have an utterly incompetent marketing department with that vile Stevie Violetta, and of course he had no clue or desire to market the arena.

Of course the ownership here now is ten times better than Liarpold ever was.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
Turris is just like a Jelly of the Month Club membership: he's the gift that keeps on giving all year 'round.
full_cousin_eddie.jpg

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just in case anyone was curious about lil Sam; he has 6 points in 7 games since Barrie went down...and this avs fan is hoping that he can hold onto that 1st unit PP gig even after Tyson comes back, since his unshakeable calm is better for our PP than Barrie's uncontainable chaos.

Hopefully this trade helps you guys win a cup soon, so that your players can get complacent & lazy by the time we're ready to start making runs of our own :laugh:

Reactions: Gains and triggrman

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
turris has slowed down a lot stats wise. Is he playing badly or just not getting the bounces?
You mean playing at an unsustainable level isn't possible all year?

Really what happened was he was getting all the bounces and now he's not. That and the top line of Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson hasn't been much of anything since early December when Johansen got hurt. Then Forsberg got hurt not long after so Turris has really been the top line and main focus of opposition. It happens.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
He's gotten the looks but has been snakebit. Also PP cooldown had dropped his production. Fiala not on his line anymore not helping either.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's gotten the looks but has been snakebit. Also PP cooldown had dropped his production. Fiala not on his line anymore not helping either.

Speaking of; how has Fiala been looking this year? I was lowkey hoping that Joe would luck into getting fiala instead of Kam & the pick in the duchene trade, cause he seems like he should grow into a really fun player. So I can't help but be curious how he looks in Preds games against teams other than Colorado, Buffalo & Chicago.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Speaking of; how has Fiala been looking this year? I was lowkey hoping that Joe would luck into getting fiala instead of Kam & the pick in the duchene trade, cause he seems like he should grow into a really fun player. So I can't help but be curious how he looks in Preds games against teams other than Colorado, Buffalo & Chicago.

He's been amazing this year and has been our best forward with Forsberg out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad