Confirmed with Link: Turris to NSH for Girard, Kamenev, and a 2nd

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I just noticed that Girard only has 2 points in 15 games in Colorado.
Not to be happy about someone else's misfortune, but Poile straight stole Turris off of Ottawa as of the results of now.
The price of Turris was really low all things considered. There were rumors he wasn't going to re-sign with Ottawa and both sides didn't even discuss 6x6 which the Preds got.

So, we got a semi- cost controlled C who can play like a true 1C most nights. For a D that probably was going to be buried behind our top 4 and a C prospect that has looked like a Mike Fisher as his projection and a 2nd round pick.

That's the price for a 1C? Sign me up. There's no doubt he's been one of the reasons that this team is doing as well as it is. Poile pumped Girard's price up really well also. Doubt he thought of Girard originally as a piece to acquire a 1C with, but hey, the situation fell in his lap.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I just noticed that Girard only has 2 points in 15 games in Colorado.

Been watching some Avs games, and I too have noticed that Girard's ice time has gone down dramatically. For awhile he was consistently getting over 20 minutes a night- but lately it ha been in the 12-14 minute range....

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Yeah, I still think Girard is going to be a very good player and since I have a soft spot for Colorado, I'm glad they got him. But this trade was still a no-brainer from Nashville's perspective.

Speaking of which, it has to be kind of rough being an Ottawa fan right now, with all the talk around them potentially having to trade Karlsson and go into a rebuild after they just sent such a large futures package to acquire Duchene. It's going to be really interesting watching where that team goes over the rest of this season and on into the off-season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yep- made no sense to me that he was on some nights playing 23 minutes....

With how well he was playing, I think the coaching staff just wanted to test the kid out as long as he kept rising to the challenge; which he was doing. Now I expressed more concern about the kid getting worn down by that type of workload at this point...which is what has been happening...than most of our fanbase did; but he earned those big minutes with his play. Kid has a calm with the puck that our blueline simply didn't have before his arrival...even Tyson Barrie thrives more off the chaos he can create as he breaks teams' forechecking structure when he starts dancing...and lil sammy was doing well against the puck with his aggressive play and quick stick.

TBH I'm surprised by those numbers...although outside of the Florida game, nobody on the avs has been scoring lately other than the top line. So I guess it's not that shocking once I think about it :dunno:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yeah, I still think Girard is going to be a very good player and since I have a soft spot for Colorado, I'm glad they got him. But this trade was still a no-brainer from Nashville's perspective.

Speaking of which, it has to be kind of rough being an Ottawa fan right now, with all the talk around them potentially having to trade Karlsson and go into a rebuild after they just sent such a large futures package to acquire Duchene. It's going to be really interesting watching where that team goes over the rest of this season and on into the off-season.

And I wonder what Duchene's mindset it right now. Went from one awful situation potentially right into another. If Sens aren't able to sign Duchene long term?? Yikes........

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
And I wonder what Duchene's mindset it right now. Went from one awful situation potentially right into another. If Sens aren't able to sign Duchene long term?? Yikes........
Honestly I don't see Ottawa being able to. I'm not sure why he'd want to if things keep going this way

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Honestly I don't see Ottawa being able to. I'm not sure why he'd want to if things keep going this way

Dorion loved him and thought he was a potential face of the franchise. Unless that drastically changes, especially the price they paid, he's going to get a big contract to stay in Ottawa.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Dorion loved him and thought he was a potential face of the franchise. Unless that drastically changes, especially the price they paid, he's going to get a big contract to stay in Ottawa.

Possibly, but the ball (or puck?) is in Duchene's court- if he wants he can just wait and pick the team he wants to get that big contract from.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Possibly, but the ball (or puck?) is in Duchene's court- if he wants he can just wait and pick the team he wants to get that big contract from.

Oh absolutely. I think the issue going forward is what happens with Karlsson. Does he re-sign long term and give Ottawa at least a chance? Or does he walk and leave Duchene deciding if it's better to stay comfy for the money or go elsewhere and have a chance to win?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
This year is lost for Ottawa, the Duchene and Karlsson situations depend heavily on how the next season starts to go. All I know, is that they absolutely have to keep them both. They can't go to rebuild after giving up a bunch of futures. It would be a disaster. And I don't see Duchene signing if EK walks.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
This year is lost for Ottawa, the Duchene and Karlsson situations depend heavily on how the next season starts to go. All I know, is that they absolutely have to keep them both. They can't go to rebuild after giving up a bunch of futures. It would be a disaster. And I don't see Duchene signing if EK walks.

If they can get Dahlin and improve their team as a whole and a ton of players (Goaltending especially) bounce back, that would help their future.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
EK will resign. He is treated like a god there and is a media darling because of his location. Duchene doesn't want to be there. When he is an RFA , Nashville gets him for a song.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
EK will resign. He is treated like a god there and is a media darling because of his location. Duchene doesn't want to be there. When he is an RFA , Nashville gets him for a song.
The location being the Canadian market that gets made fun of for not selling out games? (Average 82% capacity)

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
The location being the Canadian market that gets made fun of for not selling out games? (Average 82% capacity)

Reminds me of this image from the playoffs when they didn't even bother putting out rally towels in the top rows

many-empty-seats-for-the-first-game-of-the-2nd-round-playoff1.jpeg

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013

I'm not so sure. He may not even be a Senator by the time his contract is up. There is some trade talk going on already and talk of blowing the team up.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Karlsson's a defenseman, so, obviously he wants to come play in Nashville with all the other defensemen.

Josi-Ellis
Ekholm-Subban
Emelin-Karlsson

PP1 - Josi-Karlsson
PP2 - Ellis-Subban

...I'm kidding, obviously. No way he'd fit under the cap. But man what a defensive group that would be. Give Josi, Subban, and Karlsson extra shifts together plus PP time so they each get 23-24 minutes of ice time per game and watch how fast the puck gets out of the defensive zone every single shift.

While I'm daydreaming, obviously this would mean Doughty also wants to come over when his contract ends.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I'm not so sure. He may not even be a Senator by the time his contract is up. There is some trade talk going on already and talk of blowing the team up.

Some people are in complete denial about the Senators asking him for his 10 team no trade. As if the Predators would just randomly ask Rinne for his no trade list without any indication of dealing him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think he stays. I get the feeling he doesn't have enough trust in the team to sign a long term deal and be stuck with no real chance of a cup. Wouldn't shock me if he doesn't take less money to get on a team he thinks will be a contender for a while.

Reactions: Montross

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->