Proposal: Turris to Columbus

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Why does Ottawa do this?

Murray is a fairly big upgrade on Claesson, Jenner is young and cheap and RFA-controlled. I suppose Pyatt/Calvert is a wash with favor to Columbus. I think Jenner+Murray for Turris alone is a bit too high for Columbus, but not by much. Claesson would be a serviceable add to help replace Murray

I agree that Turris shouldn't be traded, but it's a trade thread

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Murray is a fairly big upgrade on Claesson, Jenner is young and cheap and RFA-controlled. I suppose Pyatt/Calvert is a wash with favor to Columbus. I think Jenner+Murray for Turris alone is a bit too high for Columbus, but not by much. Claesson would be a serviceable add to help replace Murray

I agree that Turris shouldn't be traded, but it's a trade thread

Why does Columbus do this? What about the cap problems signing Turris would create?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, he is a UFA to be now, so of course that's how he's valued now. Do true sign-and-trades really happen that often? Like, where the player is re-signed first by the team trading him away? Maybe my perception is wrong, but I feel like the answer is no.

No, extended by the team acquiring the said player... just like Burrows last season for example.

Apparently Boud was unaware of that because he posted that Turris doesn't have a history of hardballing on negotiations. Anyone holding out to November 19th is playing hardball.

Columbus has no reason to trade PLD away, especially for Turris. Columbus doesn't have the available cap space unless Turris signs for less than $5 million per year. PLD is on an ELC and will be under team control for 6 more years. With Werenski, Bobrovsky, Panarin, Atkinson, Johnson, Anderson and Murray to sign, Columbus needs to develop their own not trade for veterans. That's EXACTLY why the Sens would want to do the deal, a cheap contract for a more expensive one.

Keep Turris, re-sign him or trade him, but not to Columbus.

Don't worry Boud is well aware of what happens with the Sens.

Also, I am not sure why you are talking to me about PLD... I didn't comment about the OP proposal.

hmmm, I wouldn't be too sure about that. Claesson is good.

Jenner is young but only 4 years younger than Turris.

No way Ottawa trades Pyatt and no one would overpay to get him.

That being said, remove Pyatt and Calvert and the deal is not too bad in terms of value, but no way Ottawa does this.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
PLD absolutely off limits in this type of deal

I think Jenner+ for Turris is interesting both ways... with the "+" being some type of future

I like Jenner + 2018 2nd for Turris + 2018 5th

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
PLD absolutely off limits in this type of deal

I think Jenner+ for Turris is interesting both ways... with the "+" being some type of future

I like Jenner + 2018 2nd for Turris + 2018 5th

This trade would cost Columbus one of their core players due to the salary cap. They couldn't sign Turris as well as Panarin, Atkinson, Bobrovsky, Werenski, Murray and Johnson.

Columbus can't afford another 1B center unless he is cost controlled.
They have to hope Wennberg who is a 1B now continues to develop and PLD becomes the player they thought he was when they drafted him .

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I think I would do Turris for Jenner + 2nd

no pick added from our side.

If he has an extension in place then we can find better options, but to me this is a win-win trade considering the circumstance and team needs.

I think I asked this already, but is Jenner better as a center or winger? and whats his potential as a center?

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I think I would do Turris for Jenner + 2nd

no pick added from our side.

If he has an extension in place then we can find better options, but to me this is a win-win trade considering the circumstance and team needs.

I think I asked this already, but is Jenner better as a center or winger? and whats his potential as a center?

Jenner is best at wing. He is a top 6 winger wbo is going to be on a lot of teams' 1st line but only a decent third line center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad