Proposal: Turris to Columbus

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hard pass and I mean really hard. Ryan Murray does not equal two firsts. He's a 3rd pairing d at this point, draft pedigree be damned we don't want him.
This assessment of Murray is an indicator that you've not been keeping up on current events. I can understand Ottawa preferring to stick with Ceci and Phaneuf, but "he's a third-pairing D at best" is like calling Turris a #3C who can occasionally play #2C.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
This assessment of Murray is an indicator that you've not been keeping up on current events. I can understand Ottawa preferring to stick with Ceci and Phaneuf, but "he's a third-pairing D at best" is like calling Turris a #3C who can occasionally play #2C.

He's played third pair most of his career, if he managed to make it in to a top 4 d this year than great, we still don't want him and he isn't worth two first round picks in any universe.

Nice misquote by the way, well done

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
He's played third pair most of his career, if he managed to make it in to a top 4 d this year than great, we still don't want him and he isn't worth two first round picks in any universe.

He's played bottom pair 1 half a season and now it's his whole career... he's played top pair more then double the time he's played bottom pair...

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
He's played bottom pair 1 half a season and now it's his whole career... he's played top pair more then double the time he's played bottom pair...

He could be you're #1 for all I care, he sure as hell isnt getting two first from ANY team in the NHL. That is the point that you folks seem to be missing, it is agreed that Turris = Jenner+ so you're valuing Murray as two firsts and that frankly is just gross.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Some cherry pick, there are more comments along the lines of Turris = Jenner+ or Turris = Jenner but again nice try at deflection and misdirection.

Just cause you don't agree that's fine and you don't need to fall in to the #fakenews crowd. Now please find me someone who would trade two first for Ryan Murray?

Turris for Jenner likely happens all day from CLB standpoint, not likely to happen from sens so defend the other part of the proposal as you must agree given you're standing up for them.

Ryan Murray for two firsts E5

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I like the value of Jenner+Murray for Turris, but I'm not sure the Senators need another LHD unless it's a top end guy. If I was Dorion I'd be looking at Jenner+ a forward (prospect of roster player). Not sure who fits the bill, but that would be the ask.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Great, doesn't fit CLB, that's a lot different and sensical than purposely creating misdirection and defending what you don't seem willing to defend.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Jenner + Dubois seems like way too much, Jenner + Murray seems like a little too much, but Jenner + pick seems appropriate.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

Some cherry pick, there are more comments along the lines of Turris = Jenner+ or Turris = Jenner but again nice try at deflection and misdirection.

Just cause you don't agree that's fine and you don't need to fall in to the #fakenews crowd. Now please find me someone who would trade two first for Ryan Murray?

Turris for Jenner likely happens all day from CLB standpoint, not likely to happen from sens so defend the other part of the proposal as you must agree given you're standing up for them.

Ryan Murray for two firsts E5

Extremely well played misdirection and hyperbole. Murray has mainly played on the top pair in his career. He played part of one season on the third pair. Regardless of your opinion of his value, you harm your position when you make silly claims.

As several posters have responded in this thread, specifically Steve, Bee and me, Turris is not worth Jenner plus a pick. To claim everyone agrees is disingenuous.

Reactions: Kington91 and Viqsi

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
No, it does not "likely happen all day". You're talking about trading a 24-year-old with two seasons after this until UFA status for a 28-year-old old who's a pending UFA in what looks to be a weak class. There's not likely to be a good way to re-sign Turris when Cam Atkinson is also in the last year of his contract, and Jack Johnson in the last year of his, and RFAs Murray and Bjorkstrand. Add in Panarin the year after that, and there's no realistic way to sign Turris without running into a significant cap issue.

For the rest of that blather, I feel no need to do anything except roll my eyes at it.

Of course, but you can say the same about any legit top6 soon-to-be-UFA player. Of course, it would be better to trade for a good player on a long and not very expensive contract, but such players are rare and worth a lot.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Before you make ridiculous posts, get familiar with the subject.

Kyle Turris has ended his long holdout by signing a multiyear contract with the Phoenix Coyotes.

Turris sat out all of training camp and has missed Phoenix's first 19 games this season.

http://tucson.com/sports/hockey/pro...cle_830f02da-4913-51b4-8546-9af4342eb832.html

Turris, 22, the No. 3 pick in the 2007 draft, refused to sign with Phoenix until Nov. 22 and, during the holdout, requested a trade. Maloney, the Coyotes' GM, didn't budge, got Turris under contract and eventually managed to swing a deal that netted him a solid return.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/211109-kyle-turris-trade-coyotes-senators-for-david-rundblad

Keep his sorry ass.

The fact that you see this as relevant and as an indictment of his character is the only ridiculous thing I'm reading. There's no indication at all that Turris has asked for anything absurd - the Sens just need to carefully manage their cap situation over the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: Boud

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
The fact that you see this as relevant and as an indictment of his character is the only ridiculous thing I'm reading. There's no indication at all that Turris has asked for anything absurd - the Sens just need to carefully manage their cap situation over the next 2-3 years.

The last contract he signed with Ottawa was great, took somewhat of a home town discount. I would have held out with the Coyotes as well, the org is a dumpster fire and I cant blame someone for requesting a trade. How can they be so bad for so long.

Reactions: Boud

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The OP is likely an overpayment, that said Jenner or Johnson straight up does not interest me in the slightest personally as I feel Turris has more value than both would have individually at this time.

Personally if nothing of value appears prior to the trade deadline and Turris is set to walk I would deal him for futures rather than keep for a playoff push, but im all about that asset management.

thadman

Jul 23, 2015
Hard pass and I mean really hard. Ryan Murray does not equal two firsts. He's a 3rd pairing d at this point, draft pedigree be damned we don't want him.

I've never seen someone get so confused over who's saying what in such a short period of time with so few participants. It's incredible, really.

:facepalm:

FYI. Third pairing D at this point =/= third pairing D at best.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Extremely well played misdirection and hyperbole. Murray has mainly played on the top pair in his career. He played part of one season on the third pair. Regardless of your opinion of his value, you harm your position when you make silly claims.

As several posters have responded in this thread, specifically Steve, Bee and me, Turris is not worth Jenner plus a pick. To claim everyone agrees is disingenuous.

LOL, you guys are a riot, the only one making false statements is yourselves. I stated that there were more that thought Jenner or Jenner+ was fair value, all three of you have turned around and made up a narrative to fit your argument. I get it, you don't feel Jenner is worth Turris, we don't either and will gladly ride Turris right in to another conference final, Jenner can't do that for us.

:facepalm:

FYI. Third pairing D at this point =/= third pairing D at best.

Thought I'd include the beauty above as you missed that during your quoting process
"I don't always quote, but when I do I quote facts" (in the voice of the most interesting man in the world)

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

See your own words bolded. You are wrong. Most of his career he was on the top pair. He was on the third pair part of one season.

He could be you're #1 for all I care, he sure as hell isnt getting two first from ANY team in the NHL. That is the point that you folks seem to be missing, it is agreed that Turris = Jenner+ so you're valuing Murray as two firsts and that frankly is just gross.

Hung by your own words again. See your own words bolded. I'm saying you are wrong, it is not agreed as you can see. In this thread, multiple Sens fans agree with you. ONE Columbus fan seems to agree. Multiple Columbus fans say no.

LOL, you guys are a riot, the only one making false statements is yourselves. I stated that there were more that thought Jenner or Jenner+ was fair value, all three of you have turned around and made up a narrative to fit your argument. I get it, you don't feel Jenner is worth Turris, we don't either and will gladly ride Turris right in to another conference final, Jenner can't do that for us.

Thought I'd include the beauty above as you missed that during your quoting process
"I don't always quote, but when I do I quote facts" (in the voice of the most interesting man in the world)

What you meant to say is Harrisb doesn't always quote, but when he does he makes shit up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->