TUF 24: Garbrandt vs Dillashaw

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
BPT4l2tAEJM

What you think about this ? Cody "No Love" Garbrandt vs TJ "Snake" Dillashaw. For me first episode was pretty interesting.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Mentioned it in the other thread, but as someone that found TUF brutal to get through later I liked the first episode. Surprised that Gilbert won to be honest, I thought Seth would go pretty far. I do think Krause wins the show.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
After watching the show, I guess I saw more seasons than I thought.

I agree, Krause seems to be the favorite.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Urbina and that weight cut, wtf dude. When he said 188, my gf said "oh he's just gotta make 85, so he's almost there.".. I said "uhh, 170, he's not close".

She said the same thing, "WTF dude."

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Urbina and that weight cut, wtf dude. When he said 188, my gf said "oh he's just gotta make 85, so he's almost there.".. I said "uhh, 170, he's not close".

She said the same thing, "WTF dude."

Kind of wonder if he was a last-minute addition or something. Way off-weight, and not really a big name from a past season.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Kind of wonder if he was a last-minute addition or something. Way off-weight, and not really a big name from a past season.

Yah, otherwise that's some seeeeerious lack of commitment on his end, to come in that heavy.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I think they would* mention him being a late addition, if that's the case.

Edit: missed "would"

Last edited:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
So the premiere did the lowest ratings ever for the show. Ouch. They better hope this season breathes some life into it, or else shut it down. They went way too far with this thing unfortunately. One a year. That's all you need, not one every 4 months.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Not a big fan of the TUF theatrics, but Garbrandt vs Dillashaw is probably the fight I'm hyped most for this year (RIP Ferguson vs Khabib..)

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
All this trash talk works in No Loves favour. Look how both guy fought Cruz after months of talk, TJ was emotional, Cody thrived.

Trashtalk wise, Cruz DESTROYED Cody. Cody is just a good fighter though and shockingly didn't fight stupid and aggressive. He is dumb as **** though

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Trashtalk wise, Cruz DESTROYED Cody. Cody is just a good fighter though and shockingly didn't fight stupid and aggressive. He is dumb as **** though

Maybe, but Cody was still on his head and made him look like amateur. Cruz definitely won the word battles, but maybe that's the think with Cody? He doesn't have much to offer in trash talk and it could give more confidence to opponents, but that confidence turns against them soon as Cody lands first right hook and makes taunt after that. That's why it works to Cody favor. Cruz scream so much **** before the fight and Cody made him learn the hard way. Cody is not smartest man in the trash talk before the fight, but it doesn't do anything negative to his performance on the octagon.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I don't blame TJ for leaving at all. Yes, Faber did a lot to put his name out there, and likely having his connection with Faber got TJ a good head start on his career. However, TJ started to become a really good fighter training under Duane. If I were in the same situation, I'd follow the guy that has helped me the most as well. Faber and Team Alpha Male were basically his promoters, while Duane was his coach. You follow the coach every time.

Cody seems a bit...dimwitted. He kinda just latches on to whatever Faber has to say and doesn't really seem to think on his own. Still like him as a fighter though.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
TAM doesn't have an issue with TJ leaving... They have a problem with how he did it and what he said about it. And probably upset because Conor called them all out about it.

As far as coaching/gym - TJ won at one camp, lost at the other.

IMO, you stay at the gym that made you successful until there's time for a necessary change. This wasn't the case with TJ. He left for money.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
TAM doesn't have an issue with TJ leaving... They have a problem with how he did it and what he said about it. And probably upset because Conor called them all out about it.

As far as coaching/gym - TJ won at one camp, lost at the other.

IMO, you stay at the gym that made you successful until there's time for a necessary change. This wasn't the case with TJ. He left for money.

Dude he won and lost with the same coach.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
let's not pretend TJ is any worse since leaving TAM. in leaving TAM, TJ is only really losing in the quality of partners for wrestling training. He stuck with the coach that got him to become an elite mma striker.

Since the departure of Duane, i'd argue the level of striking of TAM guys has really dropped off. And i'm sure people will be quick to tell me how great Garbrandt looked on the feet against Cruz. Well, you know what? the guy has his own personal boxing coach and works with coach Gibson from Team Jackson-Wink who's a highly regarded striking coach.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
lost the belt*

dude.

He trained with the same coach when he won the belt, did the majority of his camp and fight again for the rematch while Faber was coaching TUF. He destroyed Barao. He lost a SD against the greatest BW of all-time.

dude.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
TJ is a little ***** who doesn't know anything about loyalty. It's going to be very fun to see him getting schooled by Cody.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
TJ is a little ***** who doesn't know anything about loyalty. It's going to be very fun to see him getting schooled by Cody.

Loyalty? LOL. I tried watching the show (still terrible), but it was clear as day that Faber wasn't going to let Dillashaw leave to train with Ludwig then still come back to train at TAM, which is what Dillashaw originally wanted.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Loyalty? LOL. I tried watching the show (still terrible), but it was clear as day that Faber wasn't going to let Dillashaw leave to train with Ludwig then still come back to train at TAM, which is what Dillashaw originally wanted.

That was a huge lie by snake he didn't wanna come back because he wanted more money. Snake is a little ***** and Cody makes him learn hard way about loyalty. TAM better team anyway.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
That was a huge lie by snake he didn't wanna come back because he wanted more money. Snake is a little ***** and Cody makes him learn hard way about loyalty. TAM better team anyway.

Believe what you want to believe, but Faber made it clear after the altercation that it was unacceptable for Dillashaw to train at Ludwig's camp and also at TAM. When he was talking to the guys in the Garbrandt dressing room, he likened it to (I'm paraphrasing here) being married, going around town with a hot new girlfriend, but still wanting to be married.

Personally, I think it's childish and unfairly simplistic to characterize a person based on a baseless gut reaction to a snippet of one side of a story. But what do I know.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
... Cruz discussed the situation with Dillashaw and TAM on Helwani's podcast yesterday, too. Basically boils down to Faber's attitude about Dillashaw wanting to split time, and Faber not being ok with that.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I wouldn't take cruz's word for it.

He has a long history with Faber. He's going to be bias.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad