TUF 24: Garbrandt vs Dillashaw

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Just caught up on the last 3 episodes... ****, I 100% agree here that Joe Daddy had no business in that octagon 6 days(!) after his war of a fight. Against a power puncher nonetheless. **** TJ and **** Dana on that call. I don't agree with how Garbrandt handled it, and how he went right to Joe Daddy talkin, but his heart was in the right place, that shouldn't have happened..

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Just caught up on the last 3 episodes... ****, I 100% agree here that Joe Daddy had no business in that octagon 6 days(!) after his war of a fight. Against a power puncher nonetheless. **** TJ and **** Dana on that call. I don't agree with how Garbrandt handled it, and how he went right to Joe Daddy talkin, but his heart was in the right place, that shouldn't have happened..

I agree.

Especially Dana. TJ I can understand a bit, as apparently he came to TJ and pleaded with him for the spot, saying, according to TJ, "I really need this, I need this for my family".

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't get it. Why would they cancel the event? I mean, I kept hearing from White that TJ was a big money fight for DJ, so if Dillishaw was truly such a draw, why would the PPV he was "headlining" end up getting scrapped? If he really was this big draw that brought with him the promise of unspeakable riches, why wouldn't they be able to plug any stiff in Garbrandt's spot and have the event move forward? Seriously. This is why the fight with DJ was nonsense. Dillishaw brings zero cache to any event he's in. He's literally the fighter equivalent to water. The only way his fights draw any interest is if he's fighting someone interesting, like Cody or DJ. Otherwise, who cares? :laugh:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-cancels-august-pay-per-view-event

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't get it. Why would they cancel the event? I mean, I kept hearing from White that TJ was a big money fight for DJ, so if Dillishaw was truly such a draw, why would the PPV he was "headlining" end up getting scrapped? If he really was this big draw that brought with him the promise of unspeakable riches, why wouldn't they be able to plug any stiff in Garbrandt's spot and have the event move forward? Seriously. This is why the fight with DJ was nonsense. Dillishaw brings zero cache to any event he's in. He's literally the fighter equivalent to water. The only way his fights draw any interest is if he's fighting someone interesting, like Cody or DJ. Otherwise, who cares? :laugh:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-cancels-august-pay-per-view-event

Once Conor/Mayweather got moved to August this PPV had no chance of happening.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Once Conor/Mayweather got moved to August this PPV had no chance of happening.

This event would have been cancelled regardless of that because Dillishaw is simply not a big enough draw to headline a show, IMO. He's not compelling or interesting enough to generate buys by himself.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This event would have been cancelled regardless of that because Dillishaw is simply not a big enough draw to headline a show, IMO. He's not compelling or interesting enough to generate buys by himself.

Are you talking about TJ vs DJ, or just a TJ fight in general?

I think if there was no Conor fight and DJ would fight TJ, they would have rolled this card out and got their 120k buys or whatever. Obviously TJ isn't main-eventing without DJ or Garbrandt.

Either way I'm glad they are cancelling events instead of pushing out junk.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Are you talking about TJ vs DJ, or just a TJ fight in general?

I think if there was no Conor fight and DJ would fight TJ, they would have rolled this card out and got their 120k buys or whatever. Obviously TJ isn't main-eventing without DJ or Garbrandt.

Either way I'm glad they are cancelling events instead of pushing out junk.

Just TJ. Like I said earlier, Dillishaw needs Garbrandt or DJ to make it a fight worth watching. Dillishaw by himself, meh. Nobody cares. He's vanilla ice cream or a glass of water.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Just TJ. Like I said earlier, Dillishaw needs Garbrandt or DJ to make it a fight worth watching. Dillishaw by himself, meh. Nobody cares. He's vanilla ice cream or a glass of water.

I would add Cruz to that mix, but yeah agreed. I don't think anyone ever wanted Dillashaw vs somebody else in a headlining role, the whole intrigue was Dillashaw vs DJ with a former champ coming down to fight the long-term champ. Without that, you've got nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad