TUF 24: Garbrandt vs Dillashaw

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Anyway Conor was right about snake, he was just there trying to set fight with him, not helping anyone. Everyone from Faber team lost after TJ gave his "good tips". After Cody humiliates TJ, everyone could see how bad decision he made leaving the team.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Take Faber's word then. He said it himself.

Anything you said doesn't change the fact that TJ is still a snake and doesn't know anything about loyalty. Cody will teach and TJ is going to learn the hard way. TJ could be the champ but he left TAM and now he can only dream about belt.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Take Faber's word then. He said it himself.

I didn't interpret it the same way you did, based on what I saw and heard.

TJ was spending almost all his time there. Faber said stop ******* us around.

I already said, TAM is heated that TJ played the victim, not so much that he left.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I didn't see him as playing the victim, I saw him as surprised by the ultimatum.

Regardless, it makes no sense to me why fans would have any opinion on this matter, let alone believe they definitively know what happened and who is at fault. It's silly.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I'm a little shocked at some of these guys looking even worse at the same exact thing that cost them their UFC chances in the past.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm a little shocked at some of these guys looking even worse at the same exact thing that cost them their UFC chances in the past.

Yah I was pretty excited for the fights this season, but man, all these guys seem like they haven't evolved at all.

And the whole 2nd chance gimmick, along with having legit money on the line, you'd think guys would be giving it their all, but zero urgency from Mehdi that last go.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
this kinda the season i expected with a roster filled with proven non-UFC caliber fighters aside from James Krause and Ramsey Nijem.

almost all of these guys are fighters on the decline

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
That last fight was good at the beginning, thought I was going to witness an upset, but Nunez had to have been out of it after that knee, he gave up pretty quick on that choke.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
That last fight was good at the beginning, thought I was going to witness an upset, but Nunez had to have been out of it after that knee, he gave up pretty quick on that choke.

He was easily ahead. Knee to the liver folded him. Even said he wanted to give up.
He's 0-3 on TUF now? Ouch .

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Kinda classic athletic prospect vs crafty veteran fight. Nunez went only for finishing offense and Krause was fighting the battle for attrition

It was weird, they trained him to mix in stand up and takedowns, and Nunez came out and said "I'm just trying to knock him out". Idiot. Bye.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Yeah, not much this season on TUF so far to get excited about.

You got the feud between TJ and TAM.

Dominick Cruz's take on the rift. DC is interesting as always, never afraid to speak his mind. Which imo makes him a great analyst. Or at least an interesting one. Says the blame shouldn't be on Dillashaw, but squarely on Faber.

Dillashaw left Team Alpha Male to train full-time with Duane Ludwig in Colorado. This move had drawn the ire of his ex-teammates, calling him out for being a “snake in the grass” as Conor McGregor had previously put it. But for Cruz, the whole disarray should be blamed on the team’s founder, Urijah Faber.

“It hurt his ego that his guy would go somewhere else and train with somebody that TJ thinks is better than Faber, and it hurt him that Ludwig was getting all this shine while he was at Faber’s camp, because that’s Faber’s camp. So that all being said, TJ isn’t just fighting Cody,” Cruz said. “He’s fighting that entire camp. He’s fighting Danny Castillo. He’s fighting Faber. He’s fighting Cody. He’s fighting all his old coaches. He’s fighting all his old friends and family members.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/2...pha-male-cody-garbrandt-bantamweight-mma-news

“Realistically, in my opinion, if Faber cared about TJ as much as he said he did, then he would’ve let him leave and do what he needed to do to better his career as a friend and a coach,” Cruz said. “(Alliance MMA head coach) Eric (del Fierro) has told me several times that if I ever need to leave our camp at Alliance and go anywhere, it wouldn’t matter, he would still manage me, still be my friend. He wants to see me do the best, wherever I think I need to go to be the best in the world. And my coach Eric del Fierro would never disown me, we would never have a problem. We’ve had this talk, ‘if you need to go, then go.’ Well, Faber couldn’t do that.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/1...le-beef-tj-dillashaw-vs-cody-garbrandt-tuf-25

Last edited:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
How Mehdi get place in the show? He always talks so much, but couldn't do even **** in the octagon :D

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Team Loyalty :sarcasm:

I didn't like how that unfolded at all. First of all, buddy shouldn't have been talking ****, does he think Lima isn't going to watch the show or hear about how he called him an "easy fight"? Have confidence, sure, say "it's a good matchup", etc, don't say it's an easy fight and not expect them to match it up.
Cody's team is desperate for wins, but after seeing how he reacted to being asked to take that fight, they should've backed off, after seeing them squared up, Lima's head is in the right space, Hayder is going to be very hesitant.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Could just be me, but man this season has been BORING. Fights have been very meh and the episodes leading up just offer nothing that holds your interest. I think part of it for me is at least in year's past there's the possibility that there's at least some undiscovered talent on the show, whereas this year you already know they're recycled projects.

Joe Daddy looked like a mini Roy Nelson in that fight last night.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Could just be me, but man this season has been BORING. Fights have been very meh and the episodes leading up just offer nothing that holds your interest. I think part of it for me is at least in year's past there's the possibility that there's at least some undiscovered talent on the show, whereas this year you already know they're recycled projects.

Pretty much. All the participants, except James Krause, have already established to be either non-UFC caliber or are almost done in their career. They're not suddenly going to become good if they aren't some young athletic prospect

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The UFC has their "Where are they now?" thing that does profiles on past TUF competitors to see what they do these days. This season has basically just been that, except then with a bad fight.

I do think the second round of fights will be better, but I agree it hasn't been entertaining.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston

I literally said the same thing about Joe looking like Roy.

I think the show is short on "reality show" drama. This season, guys are smarter because they've been there before, and the focus (drama) is on their sob story. I like watching some of their stories, since I'm familiar with most of them, but also see how there is less enthusiasm regarding the fighters potential.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
What an amateur mistake by Justin. He was whooping opponents ass all night long in stand up but he tried to do the ****ing Rear Naked Choke with a wrestler.. If you don't cant use brains with your fight, your not going to success in UFC. Would be easy fight in stand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad