Injury Report: Tuevo Teravainen out for playoffs with broken hand - (UPDATE - return set for Game 1 of ECF)

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'm on the side of I'd play him immediately as well. Even in a down year, there are a handful of players that he's likely to be better than. If Rod does go the play them until they lose way, so be it.

I'd certainly start him on the fourth line, but he has a chance to move up at some point as well.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I don't see any on-ice downside at all to slotting turbo in for mac/PP if he's fully healthy. I wouldn't immediately put him with Aho or give him big minutes over guys like Marty and Fast who have been hot lately though.
Mac provides a physical presence that I'm not sure Turbo would give us, even if fully healthy, so if we need someone to slot in to throw his weight around, then go with Mac. But I see absolutely no reason why we would ever dress Poolparty again if Turbo is back. Right off the bat, Turbo would be able to forecheck and backcheck to the level that Mac and Poolparty do right now with more offensive upside.

The big thing here, and what is most intriguing.... what if the month off allowed Turbo to seriously rest up and recover from what has been ailing him all season and he returns in effectively a fresh start and able to contribute like we have expected of him in years past. If that is at all a possibility, it completely changes the makeup of the team going forward, in all the best ways.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Mac provides a physical presence that I'm not sure Turbo would give us, even if fully healthy, so if we need someone to slot in to throw his weight around, then go with Mac. But I see absolutely no reason why we would ever dress Poolparty again if Turbo is back. Right off the bat, Turbo would be able to forecheck and backcheck to the level that Mac and Poolparty do right now with more offensive upside.

The big thing here, and what is most intriguing.... what if the month off allowed Turbo to seriously rest up and recover from what has been ailing him all season and he returns in effectively a fresh start and able to contribute like we have expected of him in years past. If that is at all a possibility, it completely changes the makeup of the team going forward, in all the best ways.
Completely agree. This also isn't a case where Rod would be deferring to a veteran (Stastny) or someone who has been here through the build.

No reason to play Puljujarvi over Mac right now.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Go ahead, I am pulmonary, dude.
hf-mrazek.jpg

Left is normal, right is after 0.4mg salbutamol
"Virtaus" is Flow, "Tilavuus" is Volume, though should be obvious

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016

I think you can be 100 percent sure sure about that… that TT will surely not provide a physical presence.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

Mac's physicality hasn't been very noticeable to me. Of course turbo offers zero physicality so yes Mac provides more but it's not like he's Clutterbuck out there on the 4th line laying the boom. He's a big body but I don't think that moves the needle in these playoffs for us. Turbo's other strengths easily outweigh that 1 aspect that Mac has on him.

And yes I agree Turbo could come in a bit rejuvenated and fresh with the time off. Just hope his hand is fully good to go and we aren't rushing it.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Honestly, I'd sit him until we need a shake up. We eliminated the Devils in 5 with the roster we had. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it
It’s not exactly like he’s been at his best this season and has been a driving force. Of course he could add skill to the pp, but I’m with you. Don’t mess with a winning lineup. If we get badly out played/skilled in game one then bring him in.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It’s not exactly like he’s been at his best this season and has been a driving force. Of course he could add skill to the pp, but I’m with you. Don’t mess with a winning lineup. If we get badly out played/skilled in game one then bring him in.
this is my thought as well. Don't rush him back until you know you need him back in.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I can normally get behind don't mess with a winning lineup but it's with a week off between games likely and a different opponent. The importance of every game is incredibly high to go with that kind of philosophy. Now, if they truly see where Teuvo is at during these practices and think these other players are the best options, that makes sense.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
I can normally get behind don't mess with a winning lineup but it's with a week off between games likely and a different opponent. The importance of every game is incredibly high to go with that kind of philosophy. Now, if they truly see where Teuvo is at during these practices and think these other players are the best options, that makes sense.
I agree and Rod said it too. We’ll see.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

Okay, it is a different opponent, one that plays a much more physical game than the ones we've played thus far. Do we really think TT would thrive in that kind of game? Especially coming off an injury

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Okay, it is a different opponent, one that plays a much more physical game than the ones we've played thus far. Do we really think TT would thrive in that kind of game? Especially coming off an injury
Not sure they're much more physical than the Isles. They're much more effective playing a physical game than the Isles because they have more talent, but honestly I'm not sure anyone in the league is more physical than the Isles.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Not sure they're much more physical than the Isles. They're much more effective playing a physical game than the Isles because they have more talent, but honestly I'm not sure anyone in the league is more physical than the Isles.
Florida is like if you took what the Isles were best at and what Jersey was best at, weakened each a little and combined them together.

They're going to be a tough out, but one we are capable of beating.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

As Svechhammer said, they’re basically the Islanders if the Islanders had the green light to create offense as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad