Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Western Conference Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Strome and Crouse were both quiet against Cleveland last weekend. Strome had at least one chance alone in front that was stopped, Crouse is setting up for high shots and generated that Merkley tip-in off a point blast. The coach is riding them hard, they were penalty killing together as well and Strome generates a SH chance once per kill.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I know they are not playing a ton yet (fewest games in the AHL so far I think) but has Strome shown some improvement in his foot movement? How about playing faster?

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Strome keeps up fine, but his game is slowing it down and trailing behind to draw defenders and set-up the play.

MacInnis scratched tonite and Hill gets the start. Is Mac going up in Sislos place?

Merkley stays hot with the first PP goal tonite.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Scoring change on Strome's goal, KEL awarded a secondary assist, cue the KEL for Marner rumors...

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Etem scores on a jam and Baby oil come back and get one, 3-2 RR

Baby oil PP sucks, Strome steals at their blue line and Cambell blasts in a SH goal 4-2 RR

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Strome jams another one home with his whole body going into the net, 5-2 RR

Gaudet just destroyed a Condor with 4 huge rights in a row, the doctor in front of me just headed down to sew his face back on

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Strome 1st star, 2G 2A
Merkley
Campbell

Why not stick with the Perlini and Fischer development plan, seems to be working so far...

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
^that's nothing short of amazing given the franchise's AHL history

And good for Strome, too!

Reactions: Mosby

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Strome is 3-11-14 though only nine games. Leads all AHL rookies.
1.56 PPG, highest PPG of anyone who has played more than 5 games in the AHL this year. Next highest rookie is at 1.13. Merkeley 3rd among rookies at 1.1. Not too bad so far.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
1.56 PPG, highest PPG of anyone who has played more than 5 games in the AHL this year. Next highest rookie is at 1.13. Merkeley 3rd among rookies at 1.1. Not too bad so far.

he's gotten a bad rap because his team lost in a shoot out in a gold medal game at the WJC and because he had the audacity of not being physically mature enough to handle the NHL game in a top 2 line capacity by age 20. He's playing like the top 10 prospect in the league that he is. I'm glad we are taking our time. I just read an article on Selanne's 76 goal season and how he came over as a mature 22 year old (I met him and a bunch of Jets while he was in Winnipeg and Selanne was massive while Tkachuk was just tall and lean). Even the much maligned Turris didn't really become relevant until he physically matured.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
he's gotten a bad rap because his team lost in a shoot out in a gold medal game at the WJC and because he had the audacity of not being physically mature enough to handle the NHL game in a top 2 line capacity by age 20. He's playing like the top 10 prospect in the league that he is. I'm glad we are taking our time. I just read an article on Selanne's 76 goal season and how he came over as a mature 22 year old (I met him and a bunch of Jets while he was in Winnipeg and Selanne was massive while Tkachuk was just tall and lean). Even the much maligned Turris didn't really become relevant until he physically matured.
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said a wasn't a little worried, but he's still on track. I just hope he's lifting skating and eating like a madman while being forced to watch shift by shift videos of Joe Thornton. Add some mass to that thin frame and learn how to use it.

Reactions: Mosby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad