Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) Discussion

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Of course, I say that and Tucson is winning 4-1 and it's all the 4th line guys with the goals...haha!

Oops, now 4-3 and Thornton is in net, so San Jose may be able to come back.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Josh Doan (10) scores on a deflection of a wrap around by Colin Theisen with 0:22 left in the third to give Tucson a 4-3 win.

Roadrunners scored 3 unanswered in the third for the win.

Soderstrom (4), Hedig (6) and DiLiberatore (1) each with a goal

Cameron Crotty with 2 assists.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Tucson up 2-1 Guenther; Soderstrom (Guenther 1+1) - 2nd period

also, Roadrunners have a shot to catapult to 2nd place in Pacific Division with a win tonight.

Doan had a goal called off, referee blew it down too quickly when goalie didn't have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIGs Dog and lanky

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Doan scores in OT to win it for the Roadrunners

Guenther 2+2
Soderstrom 1+1
Doan 1 goal

also wanted to throw out
Szuber 1 assist

I really like Szuber, wondering when he's going to get a shot?

Nice job from the prospects tonight
Soderstrom is starting to heat up as well. Don't you think Szuber is stuck in Tucson until maybe after TTD?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Well, I really do think that Guenther, Doan, Soderstrom & Szuber are ready to contribute...but they're going to over cook them, so basically I'm impatient.

You've been waiting 27 years. Very patient I would say. :D

We could be on the cusp of the greatest coyote team ever. Heck, the current roster is already outscoring the previous 26 versions, and we're just getting started.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well, I really do think that Guenther, Doan, Soderstrom & Szuber are ready to contribute...but they're going to over cook them, so basically I'm impatient.
So, playing less than 30 games in the AHL is "over cook them?'' Soderstrom has shown he isn't ready and he has played over three years in the A. All are young getting big minutes, so yes, you are impatient.:nod:

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
if the team is still in the hunt at TDL - the choice is deal UFAs and get more assets or keep them and prolly lose for nothing (if add at TDL then young guys have no shot of coming up)
the UFAs are
OBrien, stecher, brown, dermott, sanford- each wont get much maybe 6/7 pick or low prospect
zucker/dumba - might get middle round or B prospect
boyd - out nada

my 2 cents - if in the hunt keep UFAs (dont need more late picks) keep the young guys in Tucson

for next year without adding UFAs over the summer there will be roster spots for the tucson kids

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Guys if you haven’t been watching this team in person or on the AHL package you’re missing out.

Imagine what Cooley could be accomplishing in Tucson instead of stick handling himself into trouble on the fourth line.

Reactions: Howling Overseas

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
Guys if you haven’t been watching this team in person or on the AHL package you’re missing out.

Imagine what Cooley could be accomplishing in Tucson instead of stick handling himself into trouble on the fourth line.
I’m wondering if they will send Cooley down for the ahl playoffs if the coyotes don’t make the playoffs. Could they also sign Duda before the playoffs as well?

Reactions: Howling Overseas

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
It’s kinda funny with how much hype Aatu Raty was getting a couple years ago that his brother might be a better player than him. I’m excited to see Raty eventually make the jump. I think he’s got solid 3rd liner written all over him.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It’s kinda funny with how much hype Aatu Raty was getting a couple years ago that his brother might be a better player than him. I’m excited to see Raty eventually make the jump. I think he’s got solid 3rd liner written all over him.
I agree...he plays really heavy, extremely tough to play against and has scoring touch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad