Tucson Roadrunners (AHL) Discussion

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
No points for Soderstrom but is he at least getting looks?
Tucson's offense is almost non existent, they've played 5 games and have only 8 goals.

I've always said it, but I don't believe Potvin is a very good coach and it's a shame that the organization can't realize that they should have someone with more experience helping guide the players down there.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yup. A joke that the Canes have gotten themselves in this situation.
I see it as the age old game of musical chairs ending, as 1 by 1 teams exit the game by owning their affiliate....question is how many of these are left, and what happens when the last team gets paired with the Wolves or no one, which may have already happened? AHL expansion? Wolves forced sale?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Well, Roadrunners have scored their 1 goal for the game...and now it's tied 1-1, so I expect a 3-1 loss.

We can't score more than 1, BA really needs to do something about it and fast.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Soderstom and Kolyachonok were finally paired together this weekend. Kolyachonok got his first point of the season yesterday (1G 1A). Now Soderstom got his first point of the season today (1G).

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm surprised Doan has more goals than DG. Great for Doaner, but I expected more from Guenther.
If you look at stats only, DG is almost a PPG. That's not too bad at all. Not sure about his overall game though. It's nice to see Doaner, and now Soderstrom producing. Jenik as well. Hope he gets a shot. Smith looks like he is playing well. Like to see him get a shot sometime this year as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
If you look at stats only, DG is almost a PPG. That's not too bad at all. Not sure about his overall game though. It's nice to see Doaner, and now Soderstrom producing. Jenik as well. Hope he gets a shot. Smith looks like he is playing well. Like to see him get a shot sometime this year as well.

How about Max Szuber? I'd like to see what he looks like at the NHL level.

Last edited:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Guenther is playing well, Doan is scoring goals and would have way more assists if Tucson actually had people who can put the puck in the net, but they don't. Doan just got moved to Guenther/Smith line two week ago, and you can see he actually now has some assists.

Szuber is going to be good and like Mig's said above, would like to see what he can do at the NHL level. Smith is a dime a dozen, and it is actually surprising that they're winning given the fact that the 2 best forwards are Guenther/Doan and they're both rookies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad