TSN: TSN radio reporting Pro Scout meeting

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hope they're looking at the best players available for trade and not the best French players available for trade.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
MB is losing control of this team.

A simple coaching change would do the trick for now. No need to make panic trades. I'm just fine with dealing Gorges but if you do that you'd better get a replacement in return because our D is thin enough as it is.

And we shouldn't even be thinking about dealing Eller. That would be a huge step back for us. Some team is going to rip us off for him though. I know it.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

A simple coaching change would do the trick for now. No need to make panic trades. I'm just fine with dealing Gorges but if you do that you'd better get a replacement in return because our D is thin enough as it is.

And we shouldn't even be thinking about dealing Eller. That would be a huge step back for us. Some team is going to rip us off for him though. I know it.

The only thing I can logically think of is something like this.

Eller + Markov + Leblanc + Gorges? + Picks/Prospects (if needed) for Ryan O'Reilly and Tyson Barrie or Stefan Elliott.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

Rest assured, I'm sure we can find a way to flip Eller and Bourque for "character" smaller players on our Top-9. We can then sign Shaquille Oneil for our 4th line to be able to argue our forwards aren't getting smaller.

Masuli

May 8, 2013
Turku, Finland
If one of these players are moved, I'm going to abandon this team: Subban(extend him NOW), Chucky, Gally, Eller, MaxPac, Plekanec (to some extent), Markov(if return is right _maybe_), Price(no worries here though). These are the ones to keep, the others I can see as expendaples.

Parentau for Bourque or Briere, where do I sign?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Rest assured, I'm sure we can find a way to flip Eller and Bourque for "character" smaller players on our Top-9. We can then sign Shaquille Oneil for our 4th line to be able to argue our forwards aren't getting smaller.

Shaq did drive the zamboni for the Devils. Maybe a Gionta for Shaq trade is being considered! :laugh:

Marc-E-

Sep 19, 2004
Montréal, Québec
I don't feel that we've to do a complete rebuild. We've some interesting key pieces to go further. We've an elite goaltender, an elite defenceman in Subban, a goal scorer in Pacioretty, an first line centerman for future in Galchenyuk; an good shutdown centerman in Plekanec and some others interesting depht players in Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn, Dietz, etc. And an interesting prospect pool (no game breaker but some good young players) in Fucale, De Larose, Hudon, McCaron, Crips, Reway, Collberg, etc.

I just don't feel that we've to throw everyone under the bus. We're in transition and we should accept it calmly. So the main decisions are what to do with vets like Markov, Gionta, Bourque, Diaz, Murray, Gorges, etc. We've holes to fix, but rather been completely nuts by trading everyone, I think a lot of teams in NHL would like to have our core for starting to build a contender.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The same scouting team that thought Briere still had something for not one but TWO years when even armchair GMs saw he didn't? Can't wait to see what comes out of this...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I don't feel that we've to do a complete rebuild. We've some interesting key pieces to go further. We've an elite goaltender, an elite defenceman in Subban, a goal scorer in Pacioretty, an first line centerman for future in Galchenyuk; an good shutdown centerman in Plekanec and some others interesting depht players in Gallagher, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Pateryn, Dietz, etc. And an interesting prospect pool (no game breaker but some good young players) in Fucale, De Larose, Hudon, McCaron, Crips, Reway, Collberg, etc.

I just don't feel that we've to throw everyone under the bus. We're in transition and we should accept it calmly. So the main decisions are what to do with vets like Markov, Gionta, Bourque, Diaz, Murray, Gorges, etc. We've holes to fix, but rather been completely nuts by trading everyone, I think a lot of teams in NHL you like to have our core for starting to build a contender.

Totally agree, the foundation is there and I know Bergevin keeps saying well we aren't there yet but it's not only about being there it's about making that move to become an elite team for a while not just a season like last year and then back to being a borderline playoff team. Make that move you need to take a chance

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Colorado is looking for Dmen.

Is it possible to see something like :
Parenteau + Dman for Gorges (Or Diaz) + Bourque/Briere/Gionta ?

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Colorado is looking for Dmen.

Is it possible to see something like :
Parenteau + Dman for Gorges (Or Diaz) + Bourque/Briere/Gionta ?

Wonder if there is any chance in hell we can get back EJ in a trade. Now that would help PK out a lot in the long run

void

Jan 5, 2006
It'll probably be something stupid like Lars Eller ++ for PA Parenteau.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
It'll probably be something stupid like Lars Eller ++ for PA Parenteau.

FOllowed by a press conference with Bergevin mentioning something about how it takes character to fight your way into the nhl because PAP was a late developer blah blah blah.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Like you say, If a trade would occure bringing in Parenteau, probably Eller would be the one going out (in offense).
The thing is, Colorado is FULL at center : Oreilly, Statsny, Mackinnon.
So it wont happen.

So its probably :

Diaz + Leblanc for Parenteau. Somethin' like that.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Bergevin has interesting assets in his hands and an established core to build around. This team won't suffer much as long as he avoid trading Subban, Price, Plekanec and younger players like Galchenyuk and Gallagher. Subban, Price and Plekanec are pretty carrying this team from the start of December so any changes around them might be good.

Also, losing any defensemen not named Subban won't hurt the team IMO. They been playing like crap and the organization has depth to work with.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad